
Megyn Kelly's fans concerned after she reveals security team's message to her on 'Day of Jihad'
Megyn Kelly said, 'It would be wise to carefully assess the need for travel and or activity outside your residence over the next 24 to 48 hours'
2023-10-14 15:56

Central Valley Community Bancorp and Community West Bancshares to Merge
FRESNO, Calif. & GOLETA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 10, 2023--
2023-10-11 09:28

Ukrainian forces ‘smash through Russian front line’ in counteroffensive breakthrough
Ukrainian tanks appeared to have broken through Russia’s final line of defence in western Zaporizhzhia, signalling a major breakthrough for Kyiv’s counteroffensive. A report published by the Institute for the Study of War (ISW) said Ukrainian armoured vehicles were behind the Russian defence line – known as the Surovikin line – for the first time, and involved in fighting near the village of Verbove in the Zaporizhzhia region. “Ukrainian forces have brought heavy equipment beyond the anti-vehicle ditch and the dragons’ teeth for the first time,” said George Barros, an analyst for ISW, on X, formerly known as Twitter. He added: “Forces have been widening their breach of the lines for the past several weeks and may be preparing for a new push.” The reported breakthrough comes as Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelensky looked to Canadian’s prime minister Justin Trudeau for further military support, after securing a $325m defence package from US President Joe Biden on Thursday. Some 577 days into the conflict, experts see the ongoing Ukrainian counteroffensive to liberate Zaporizhzhia as the key to breaking Russia’s backbone, and potentially winning the war. If Ukrainian forces maintain and widen the opening within the fortified Surovikin line, it could open the way for its Western tanks and reserve troops to reach the Sea of Azov and effectively cut Russian forces in half. For months, Ukraine’s progress in the region has struggled against the 81-mile line heavily fortified with defensive weapons, including tank traps, minefields and huge concrete blocks designed to stop armoured vehicles. The ISW report’s claims of the armoured vehicle advancement are yet to be confirmed and the Russian-appointed officials in Zaporizhzhia have provided a different picture from the ground. Vladimir Rogov, from the Russian-installed Zaporizhzhia military-civilian administration, told Russian news agency RIA Novosti that Ukrainian soldiers were forced to retreat after a failed assault on the line. “Our attack drones have hit an assault group of Ukrainian militants who tried to break through to our positions on the Orikhiv direction between the villages of Robotyne and Verbove,” he said. Breaking the Surovikin line could have a big impact on the rest of the war, according to military experts such as Sean Bell. He told Sky News this week: “You are never sure what will be the chink that will break the dam, you will never know until the crack emerges and the floodgates open. “The question is whether the Ukrainians then have the stamina and the morale and the equipment to take advantage of it.” The battle to win back territory in the south has been costly for Ukraine over the past few months. There has, however, been progress. Earlier this month, forces captured the village of Robotyne. Since then, Kyiv has focused on breaching and opening a gap in the Surovikin line by moving toward the village of Verbove. This latest reported advancement will be a boost for Mr Zelensky, who on Wednesday accused Russia of weaponising everything from food to energy during an address to the UN General Assembly. Mr Zelensky told world leaders: “While Russia is pushing the world to the final war, Ukraine is doing everything to ensure that after the Russian aggression, no one in the world will dare to attack any nation.” Visiting President Joe Biden in Washington on Thursday, Zelensky secured a fresh $325m aid package that will include air defence systems and other weaponry to help Kyiv face a tough winter. And on Friday, he was meeting Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau as he rallied for further support to Ukrainian war efforts. Read More Ukraine-Russia war - live: Kyiv tanks break through gap in Putin’s final line of defence near Verbove Zelensky heads to Canada after Washington in a first since invasion Zelenskyy to speak before Canadian Parliament in his campaign to shore up support for Ukraine
2023-09-22 21:38

Adam Wainwright's final season has been challenging, but now he's just a win away from 200
This season has been difficult for both Adam Wainwright and the St. Louis Cardinals
2023-09-17 01:29

MrBeast: Why does Chris Tyson consider his 'supportive' best friend a secret keeper?
Tyson has seen a string of setbacks ever since he declared that he will begin Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
2023-05-31 15:58

US troops restricted to American base in Niger
US troops in Niger have been restricted to the American military base in Agadez, Niger, as the Biden administration works to restore democratically-elected President Mohamed Bazoum to power.
2023-08-01 02:42

It will be surreal – Chloe Mustaki cannot believe she will play at a World Cup
Chloe Mustaki has not fully accustomed to the reality that in just three days she will walk out on the pitch at sold-out Stadium Australia as a member of the first Republic of Ireland squad to feature in a Women’s World Cup. The 27-year-old’s extraordinary journey to this point has been down a road rife with obstacles, from her cancer diagnosis at the age of 19 to a devastating anterior cruciate ligament injury in 2020 and the lonely Covid-19 lockdown recovery that followed. But when the Republic’s plane touched down in Australia it all began to crystallise for Bristol City defender Mustaki, who hopes she can tune out the noise of over 80,000 majority-home supporters expected to attend her side’s July 20 opener against World Cup co-hosts the Matildas. “I don’t think I have an idea of how insane it is going to be,” she admitted during a training session at Brisbane’s Meakin Park. “I am trying not to think about it too much, trying just to concentrate on the football. At the end of the day, when you walk onto the pitch, everything around you just fades away. “So, if we can just concentrate and focus and stay connected on the game, whoever is playing on that pitch, hopefully we can come out with the result. “It will be surreal, and we won’t really believe it until we see it, because it is something that only (captain) Katie (McCabe) and a few others have experienced and we might never experience it again, that amount of people, so we have to savour it.” Skipper McCabe, who plays her club football with Arsenal, has played big games at major venues like the FA Cup final at Wembley and a Champions League semi-final at the 60,704-seat Emirates, which the Gunners sold out for the first time in May. It will be surreal, and we won’t really believe it until we see it, because it is something that only (captain) Katie (McCabe) and a few others have experienced and we might never experience it again, that amount of people, so we have to savour it Chloe Mustaki Mustaki, on the other hand, reckons the 12,123 who attended the Republic’s World Cup qualifier against Sweden in Gothenburg was the largest crowd to ever watch her play. She was born in Ohio, USA, but spent most of her youth in Cabinteely, and previously captained the Republic’s Under-19 team that reached the semi-finals of the 2014 European Championship in Norway – where she experienced signs of what would turn out to be Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, a type of blood cancer. Mustaki completed treatment in 2015, and has previously spoken about how that experience shifted her perspective and helped her get through the devastating ACL injury she sustained in training five years later. Though she was first called up to Republic’s senior squad that same year, rehabilitating the injury meant it took two more before she finally made her senior international debut against Russia in the 2022 Pinatar Cup. Mustaki took a huge risk last summer, quitting a comfortable job to become a full-time professional footballer when she signed with Bristol City. It paid off when the Robins earned promotion to the Women’s Super League and she signed a new two-year deal in June. That dream fulfilled, another is now on the horizon as Mustaki’s side, ranked number 22 in the world, prepare to face two of FIFA’s top-10 nations in Group B, Australia and Canada alongside Nigeria, with the two best finishers advancing to the knockout stage. She said: “Of course, it is in their home nation, they will have a massive support there and they will have prepared very well for us. It will be a battle but we will be ready for it and we love being the underdogs.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Wimbledon 2023: Women’s history made as men’s game has a changing of the guard From Chris Eubanks to Mirra Andreeva – Wimbledon’s headline makers in 2023 Novak Djokovic defeat the biggest surprise in a Wimbledon full of talking points
2023-07-17 13:00

Lewis Hamilton apologises to George Russell after crash in Qatar: ‘It wasn’t your fault’
Lewis Hamilton apologised to George Russell and took full responsibility for their first lap crash at the Qatar Grand Prix on Sunday night. The Mercedes pair collided at the first turn of the first lap of the race, with Hamilton’s rear-right tyre clipping the front of Russell’s car. Hamilton, 38, spun off into the gravel and was forced to retire from the grand prix, while the incident also ruined Russell’s race as he dropped back to dead last. But while both immediately blamed each other on the team radio, Hamilton later admitted he was at fault and post-race spoke to Russell. In a video posted on Mercedes’ Instagram page, Hamilton is seen approaching Russell in the paddock and saying: “Sorry about today, it wasn’t your fault.” The pair quickly embrace, with Hamilton adding: “Great job.” Hamilton also posted on X/Twitter: “I’ve watched the replay and it was 100% my fault and I take full responsibility. Apologies to my team and to George.” Russell, despite intense humid conditions in Lusail, recovered over the next 57 laps to finish a respectable fourth. Hamilton added in his TV pen interview: “I just feel really sorry for the team, we had a chance today to get some good points. “Heat of the moment, I didn’t understand what happened but I don’t think George had anywhere to go. I’m happy to take responsibility for it. “It’s massively gutting to have a result like this. It’s very rare that this happens, I hope George is able to get back into the points.” Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff was absent from this race – his second in a row – as he recovers from knee surgery. But the Austrian came on the intercom in a move to calm Russell, 25, down shortly after the incident. “George, let’s race now, and get the best out of it,” he said. Max Verstappen won the race, with Oscar Piastri and Lando Norris securing another double podium for McLaren. Read More Lewis Hamilton reacts after first-corner collision with George Russell ‘I was passing out in the car’: Lance Stroll explains how Qatar heat took its toll ‘I was passing out in the car’: Lance Stroll explains how Qatar heat took its toll Lewis Hamilton and George Russell collide as Max Verstappen wins in Qatar Carlos Sainz misses Qatar Grand Prix in huge Ferrari blow
2023-10-09 17:13

Jake Paul’s training video goes viral on Twitter, trolls dub it ‘another rigged fight’
The various fan comments highlight the general curiosity around the Paul-Diaz matchup
2023-07-18 15:30

What Happens If the Government Loses on Rwanda?: Q&A
The UK’s controversial flagship immigration policy faces its sternest test this week, when the nation’s top court will
2023-11-12 16:00

US strikes Syria bases used by Iran-linked groups
It follows a series of recent attacks on US bases in Iraq and Syria by Iranian-backed militia, officials say.
2023-10-27 15:18

Kingston FURY DDR4 UDIMMs Get a New Look
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 9, 2023--
2023-10-09 21:09
You Might Like...

David Ross Angry the Brewers Closed the Roof During Game

Niger military regime orders expulsion of French envoy

Uh-oh, Amazon is in hot water. It allegedly made $1B with an illegal algorithm.

Hedge Fund Elliott Asks Court to Audit Deutsche Wohnen Over Vonovia Loan

'1000-lb Sisters' star Tammy Slaton hits back at trolls urging her to stop using filters: 'I am proud of myself'

German recession will be sharper than expected: Ifo

Cane 'surprised' by All Blacks fans' support after his red card

Liverpool continue midfield rebuild with £60m signing from RB Leipzig