
Tara Reid Then and Now: 'American Pie' star's weight has plunged dramatically over the years
Tara Reid rose to fame after playing Vicky in the 'American Pie' film series and has been in the public eye, through highs and lows ever since
2023-10-26 18:51

Nagelsmann named coach of Euro 2024 hosts Germany
Germany on Friday named Julian Nagelsmann as their head coach to replace the sacked Hansi Flick, just nine months before hosting the European Championship, the...
2023-09-22 17:47

When and where to watch Tesla’s highly anticipated Cybertruck delivery event
Tesla’s first deliveries to customers of its highly-anticipated Cybertruck will take place at the company’s Austin, Texas headquarters later on Thursday. The event is expected to see the first 10 customers taking their Cybertruck deliveries, and the Elon Musk-owned company will also announce more details about the electric pickup truck. The event will be livestreamed on the electric carmaker’s website on Thursday. “Cybertruck deliveries start on Thursday,” Tesla chief Elon Musk said in a post on X the day before. The company first unveiled the vehicle, which it dubbed “an armoured personal carrier from the future”, at a much-publicised but chaotic event in 2019 that offered people the chance to reserve a Cybertruck with a $100 deposit. While Tesla received over 200,000 reservations for the vehicle within the first three days, production for the vehicle was delayed for years. The carmaker had initially promised the vehicle would come towards the end of 2021 along with full production for 2022, but this schedule was pushed back by another year due to supply chain issues. The company later said deliveries for the long-delayed vehicle would commence in the third quarter of 2023. In August, it said it had received 1.9 million $100 reservations to date. Speaking to podcaster Joe Rogan last month, Mr Musk said the Cybertruck will be bulletproof. He said the pickup truck will have bulletproof steel panels and an option for people to purchase bulletproof glass. Mr Musk also said more features of the vehicle will be unveiled during Thursday’s event. The upcoming demonstration of the Cybertruck will have the vehicle being shot at with a Tommy gun, a 45mm shotgun and a 9mm gun, according to the Tesla titan. The bulletproof nature of the truck has been the subject of intense hype. During the first demonstration of the Cybertruck’s toughness in 2019, the vehicle’s window immediately smashed after Mr Musk invited an audience member to throw a small metal ball at it. “Well, maybe that was a little too hard,” the Tesla chief had said. “It didn’t go through, so that’s a plus... room for improvement.” Mr Musk claimed prior testing of the vehicle may have compromised the window. “Sledgehammer impact on door cracked base of glass, which is why steel ball didn’t bounce off. Should have done steel ball on window, *then* sledgehammer the door,” he said. The multibillionaire also played down hopes that the Cybertruck will revive profits for the carmaker in the near future, announcing in an earnings call last month that it could take at least 18 months for the pickup truck to become profitable for Tesla. “There will be enormous challenges in reaching volume production with Cybertruck and making the Cybertruck cash flow positive,” he told investors and analysts. Read More Microsoft gets seat on OpenAI board with Sam Altman back as chief executive Nasa has received a signal from 10 million miles away Apple names its App Store apps of the year Microsoft gets seat on OpenAI board with Sam Altman back as chief executive Nasa has received a signal from 10 million miles away Apple names its App Store apps of the year
2023-11-30 14:40

Mali army closes on Touareg rebel town: sources
Mali's army moved closer Saturday to the strategically important northern town of Kidal that is held by Touareg separatist and rebel groups...
2023-11-12 00:28

Marketmind: Zuckerberg takes on Musk; RBA stands pat
A look at the day ahead in European and global markets from Ankur Banerjee: It looks like we might be
2023-07-04 12:40

Barcelona set to finalise Ilkay Gundogan deal
Barcelona set to confirm the arrival of Man City's Ilkay Gundogan.
2023-06-21 19:56

Bankrupt Birmingham braces for cuts as UK government takes control
The UK government has moved to take control of the country's second biggest city, Birmingham, after the local council effectively declared itself bankrupt earlier this month.
2023-09-20 00:44

Peacock will exclusively carry NFL playoff game in a first for streaming service
The NFL is taking another big step into streaming by putting one of its playoff games exclusively on a digital platform for the first time
1970-01-01 08:00

Tottenham complete signing of Empoli goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario
Tottenham have completed the signing of goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario from Empoli. Spurs had been searching for a long-term successor for captain Hugo Lloris, who is approaching the final 12 months of his deal and made clear his desire for a new challenge earlier this month. While discussions took place with Brentford number one David Raya over a potential move across London, his £40million price tag saw Tottenham turn their attention elsewhere. Vicario had long been tracked by the club as a candidate for Lloris and he has now become new boss Ange Postecoglou’s second signing. The Italian, who has been called up to various national team camps, has signed a five-year deal at Tottenham in a move reported to be worth 19million euros (£16.4m). Vicario has starred for Empoli during the last two seasons, saving eight penalties in that period to develop a reputation as one of the most promising goalkeepers in Europe. The 26-year-old started out at Udinese before featuring in the Italian lower-leagues with Venezia, who he helped rise through the divisions up to Serie B. A move to Cagliari followed in 2019 but with chances hard to come by, it took a loan at Perugia and faith from Empoli to earn Vicario an opportunity in Italy’s top flight. During two campaigns at Empoli, the first on loan, Vicario shone to earn widespread praise in his homeland, including from goalkeeping great Gianluigi Buffon. Vicario will now attempt to establish himself in the Premier League and follow in the footsteps of Carlo Cudicini, another Italian stopper who represented Chelsea and Tottenham. The arrival of Vicario now switches Spurs’ focus to the future of Lloris, who could be allowed to leave this summer on a free transfer following 11 years in north London. Fraser Forster deputised last season when Lloris was injured and is contracted to the club until June 2024. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live
2023-06-28 00:38

Speaker McCarthy supports expunging Trump's impeachments over Ukraine and Jan. 6
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy says he supports the idea of expunging the two impeachments of Donald Trump
2023-06-24 06:20

Are influencers part of the SAG-AFTRA strike? Organization issues separate guidelines amid confusion about work
SAG-AFTRA said they would blacklist those influencers who continued to work for organizations against which they were protesting
2023-07-18 14:42

Oldham mill fire: Remains of men killed in blaze repatriated
The remains of four Vietnamese nationals were discovered after the huge blaze in Oldham.
2023-08-04 19:05
You Might Like...

Woman sues ex-Grammys CEO for sexual assault and accuses Recording Academy of negligence

Ford restarts electric pickup truck factory after retooling to increase output, says orders are up

Tesla supercomputer could boost EV maker's market cap by $600 billion -Morgan Stanley

Lauren Boebert mocked for promoting visit to Rico fire department amid Trump Rico charges

Oshkosh Defense to Produce Medium Equipment Trailers for U.S. Army

Swedish inflation dips more than expected in April, easing cbank worries

Embraer celebrates as Brazil joins WTO civil aircraft agreement

Tony Bennett, legendary American singer, dies at age 96