
Lampard told Chelsea to sign Haaland before Man City star's rise
Frank Lampard tried to persuade Chelsea to sign Erling Haaland before the Manchester City star established himself as the...
2023-05-19 23:41

Terry Smith’s Breakup Fuels Spat Over $1 Million in Mauritius
It’s the kind of acrimonious breakup that's hardly unusual. He says she took money out of a joint
2023-07-22 04:00

Trump and DeSantis will hold dueling campaign events in Iowa with the caucuses just six weeks away
Ron DeSantis promised to visit each of Iowa’s 99 counties before the leadoff presidential caucuses in January and the Florida governor is set to complete that goal with an event later Saturday
2023-12-03 02:44

The best dating sites and apps for seniors
This content originally appeared on Mashable for a US audience and has been adapted for
2023-09-07 18:09

Two killed, 28 injured and manhunt on for gunmen: How a Baltimore block party turned into a bloodbath
A fun, neighbourhood block party turned into a horrific bloodbath over July 4 weekend when at least two shooters opened fire on partygoers, killing two people and wounding 28 others. The mass shooting unfolded in the Brooklyn Homes area of South Baltimore, Maryland, in the early hours of Sunday morning as hundreds gathered for the annual community celebration. Kylis Fagbemi, 20, and Aaliyah Gonzalez, 18, died in the attack. Now, more than 24 hours on, the shooters are still at large. Here’s what we know so far: The shooting At around 12.35am on Sunday morning, Baltimore police received multiple calls reporting a shooting on the 800 block of Gretna Court. Officers responded to the scene, where the community had been holding its annual Brooklyn Day block party, to find 30 victims suffering from gunshot wounds. One female victim was pronounced dead on the scene while nine victims were rushed to local hospitals and 20 walked into area hospitals across the region. One male victim died at the hospital from his injuries. Among the 28 victims who survived, three were in critical condition and 14 were minors. The non-fatal female victims injured were one 13-year-old, one 14-year-old, two 15-year-olds, three 16-year-olds, two 17-year-olds, two 18-year-olds, three 19-year-olds, one 20-year-old, one 23-year-old and one 32-year-old. The non-fatal male victims injured were one 13-year-old, one 15-year-old, two 16-year-old, two 17-year-olds, three 18-year-olds, one 22-year-old and one 31-year-old. Witnesses revealed how they initially mistook the gunfire for fireworks going off. “The shots were just going on and on and on,” Lakell Nelson, 54, told the Baltimore Sun. But, reality set in when two women told her they had been shot. “I kinda didn’t believe them at first because they were walking up the street. I said, ‘Show me,’ and the girl was like, ‘I was shot in my butt,” she said. “When she turned around, I saw the hole through her shorts.” Ms Nelson said she drove the two women to a local hospital. The victims On Sunday afternoon, police identified the two victims killed in the attack. Aaliyah Gonzalez, 18, was shot and killed on the scene. Kylis Fagbemi, 20, was rushed to hospital where he succumbed to his injuries. Gonzalez’s heartbroken mother paid tribute to her daughter in a Facebook post, sharing photos of her recent high school graduation. “MY BABY!!! Worst day of my life! I cannot do life without her. I NEED HER!!,” she wrote. “Why would they do this to a perfect angel. I love you so much baby. I didn’t get there fast enough. God this is a mistake!!! Please!!” In a follow-up post, she added: “I always said, ‘No matter how much I say I love you, I love you more than that.’” The shooters Baltimore Police said that they believe there was at least two shooters in the attack. Acting Baltimore Police Commissioner Richard Worley told Fox Baltimore on Sunday afternoon: “We know for sure there are more than one. We don’t know how many.” As of Monday morning, the suspects’ identities remain unknown and no arrests had been made. Mayor Brandon Scott described the actions of the soooters as “cowardly” and urged people to come forward with information. “This was a reckless, cowardly act that happened here and that has permanently altered many lives and cost two people their lives,” he said in a press conference on Sunday. “I want those who are responsible to hear me, and hear me very clearly.” Speaking to the perpetrators, he said: “We will not stop until we find you, and we will find you. Until then, I hope that every single breath you take, that you think about the lives that you took, think about the lives that you impacted here tonight.” He added: “Treat this as if it were your family. How you would want people to treat it if you were mourning, if this was your neighborhood, if this was an event in your community that this happened at. We want you to treat it that way because that’s how we have to treat each other as Baltimoreans.” Anyone with information is urged to contact Homicide detectives at 410-396-2100. Those who wish to remain anonymous may utilise the Metro Crime Stoppers tip line, at 1-866-7LOCKUP. You may also text tips through the Metro Crime Stoppers of Maryland website. Read More Baltimore mass shooting: Two dead, three critical and 25 more injured in ‘cowardly act’ Baltimore block party shooting shatters holiday weekend celebration, leaving 2 dead and 28 wounded Baltimore: Mayor condemns ‘reckless’ mass shooting of 30 people
2023-07-03 20:33

Israel's military says it has regained control of communities on Gaza border
The military clears areas seized by Hamas two days ago, but it says gunmen may still be at large.
2023-10-09 20:06

Euro-Zone Activity Almost Stalls as Recession Rebound Fades
Economic momentum in the euro area almost came to a halt in June, signaling an end to the
2023-06-23 16:04

Taylor Swift News Diary: Taylor Swift lands in Kansas City to console Travis Kelce after Broncos loss
Taylor Swift sent flowers to Diane Warren for collaborating with her for 'Say Don't Go' while pal Selena Gomez worried about her fast-paced romance
2023-10-31 21:23

Apple’s FineWoven Fabric Emerges as Its Biggest Misfire of 2023
When Apple Inc. introduced a new material for phone cases and watchbands earlier this month, the company heralded
2023-09-26 07:12

Hypergiant Industries Partners With Trive Capital
AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 22, 2023--
2023-08-22 22:11

Goldman Sachs nominates former BofA executive Montag to join board
NEW YORK Members of Goldman Sachs' board nominated former Bank of America executive Tom Montag to join as
2023-06-30 05:59

Man who opened Asiana plane door in mid-air tells police he was "uncomfortable" - Yonhap
SEOUL A passenger on an Asiana Airlines flight told police he opened a door on the plane minutes
2023-05-27 12:21
You Might Like...

Blur wanted to 'kill stink of Britpop'

NBA watching Lillard, Harden trade demands as season nears

US Ratings Downgrade Casts Spotlight on AAA Ones Standing

Australia’s Victoria State Cancels Hosting of 2026 Commonwealth Games

Labour Plans Higher UK Wage Threshold for Foreign Workers: Times

LSU's Angel Reese is back with the No. 7 Tigers after 4-game absence

China Vice President Sees ‘Positive Signals’ in Ties With US

Victor Wembanyama Silenced Critics in Second Summer League Start