
Brazil's Petrobras walks back 4 divestment processes after review
SAO PAULO Brazilian state-run oil company Petrobras said on Monday it has decided to halt some key asset
2023-09-04 21:07

England fast bowler Wood set to unleash more Ashes 'thunderbolts'
England fast bowler Mark Wood has said he is ready to hit Australia with more "thunderbolts" in next week's fourth Ashes Test at Old Trafford following his impressive...
2023-07-11 01:44

French schools refuse dozens of girls wearing Muslim dress
French schools sent dozens of girls home for refusing to remove their abayas -- an over-garment from the shoulders to the feet worn by Muslim women -- on the first day of the...
2023-09-05 16:00

Skid Row's The Freedom Singers move 'AGT' Season 18 fans to tears with soul-stirring performance: 'Should've been a golden buzzer'
Skid Row's The Freedom Singers sang a rendition of 'Under The Bridge' by Red Hot Chili Peppers at the 'AGT' auditions
2023-06-21 09:43

When will 'The Masked Singer' Season 10 Episode 5 air? Contestants celebrate Elton John's music
'The Masked Singer' Season 10 will have a night dedicated to the singing legend Elton John
2023-10-12 09:00

Teamsters Chief Takes Aim at Amazon After UPS Contract Win
Hours after reaching a tentative deal to boost pay and benefits for hundreds of thousands of United Parcel
2023-07-26 21:34

One killed and four injured after Russian missile hits civilian vessel in Black Sea
A Russian missile hit a civilian ship in a Black Sea port, killing at least one person and injuring four others, according to Ukraine’s officials. A Ukrainian pilot on board was killed in the attack on the vessel in Odesa’s Pivdennyi port, said Yoruk Isik, head of the Bosphorus Observer consultancy. “A few” other crew members were either dead or injured, Mr Isik told Reuters. Of those injured, three were crew members from the Philippines. The other injured individual was identified as a port employee. The ship was loading iron ore in the port when it was hit, said Mr Isik. He identified the vessel as a Kmax Ruler 92,000 dwt – a Liberia-flagged bulk carrier. Ukrainian infrastructure minister Oleksandr Kubrakov said the vessel was supposed to transport iron ore to China. “The missile hit the superstructure of a civilian vessel under the flag of Liberia, at the moment of its entry into the port,” Ukraine’s southern military command said on Telegram. Russia has repeatedly targeted Ukrainian port infrastructure after pulling out of a UN-brokered deal promising safe transit of Ukrainian grain shipments via the Black Sea. Russia has carried out at least 21 such attacks on port infrastructure after pulling out from the deal in July this year. “During this time, the terrorist country damaged more than 160 infrastructure facilities and 122 vehicles,” said the minister Mr Kubrakov. Russia’s exit from the deal brokered by the UN and Turkey has brought an end to the safe export of Ukrainian grain. Moscow exited the deal because it said its demands for economic sanctions to be lifted from its grain and fertiliser exports have not been met. Ukraine is now operating a temporary humanitarian corridor to export grain as it looks to break Russia’s de facto blockade without compromising on the sanctions. Last month, war-time president Volodymyr Zelensky said Ukrainian attacks have denied Russia’s naval fleet safe bases and secure maritime corridors in the western part of the Black Sea. Kyiv’s troops have looked to squeeze the Kremlin’s occupying forces out of the Crimean Peninsula that was illegally annexed in 2014. Read More Russia-Ukraine war: Zelensky ‘sure of’ battlefield success – live Ukraine fires drones over Black Sea and Crimea as Putin’s attacks fail in Bakhmut 2 more killed as Russian artillery keeps on battering southern Ukraine's Kherson region More than 900 of Putin’s soldiers killed in past 24 hours, claim Ukraine officials Zelensky says Ukraine’s Black Sea assault ‘will go down in history’ More than 40% of Ukrainians need humanitarian help under horrendous war conditions, UN says
2023-11-09 13:52

California's Newsom faces tough question: Who would replace Feinstein?
U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s ongoing medical struggles have raised a sensitive political question with no easy answer: Who would California Gov. Gavin Newsom pick to replace her if the seat becomes vacant
2023-05-23 13:04

Tesla Looks Abroad to Keep Growth Going as US Revenue Plateaus
Fresh off weeks in which it started taking orders in Malaysia and exhibited at a motorsports festival in
2023-07-25 01:36

Community Shield kick-off brought forward by 90 minutes following fan complaints
The Community Shield kick-off time has been brought forward by 90 minutes following fan complaints. The Football Association confirmed on Tuesday that the match between Manchester City and Arsenal at Wembley on Sunday, August 6 would now kick off at 4pm instead of 5.30pm. It said the decision had been reached after “following consultation with our broadcast partners, the local authorities, police, and the competing clubs”. The governing body added: “The decision to move the kick-off time was taken following full consideration of the transport challenges for fans returning to Manchester after the match.” The 1894 group of Manchester City supporters called on fans to boycott the match, with people encouraged to donate to Manchester food banks instead.
2023-06-20 20:00

Lewis Hamilton provides Mercedes contract latest amid Ferrari links
Lewis Hamilton insists his team are “almost there” as they look to agree a new contract with Mercedes – and denied reports that Ferrari have approached him. The 38-year-old’s current contract with the Silver Arrows, where he has been since 2013, expires at the end of this season. A report this week suggested Ferrari have offered the seven-time F1 world champion – who has won six of his titles with Mercedes – a £40m-a-year contract to join the Scuderia from 2024. Yet Hamilton, who covets a record-breaking eighth crown after missing out controversially in Abu Dhabi in 2021, revealed that his representatives are close to concluding negotiations with Mercedes over an extension. “Naturally, in contract [talks] there’s always going to be speculation,” he said, in his pre-race press conference in Monaco. “Unless you hear from me that’s all it is.” When asked if Ferrari had been in touch, Hamilton simply replied: “No. "Last weekend maybe with the race cancelled they [the media] got bored.” Ferrari boss Fred Vasseur also emphasised that his team have not been in contact with Hamilton. “You know perfectly that at this stage of the season, you will have each week a different story,” he said in Monaco. “And we are not sending an offer to Lewis Hamilton. We didn’t do it.” “We didn’t have discussions. I think every single team on the grid would like to have Hamilton at one stage. I think it would be bull**** to not say something like this. “If I discuss with Hamilton, I discuss the last 20 years, I discussed almost every single weekend with Hamilton. I don’t want to have to stop to discuss with them because you are chasing me.” Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has been adamant in the past few months that despite the delay, Hamilton will extend his deal with the team. “It’s 11 years that we’ve been together,” Wolff said. “Every single time when we talk about Lewis’s contract, it takes months of, ‘Where we are? What is happening?’ And we keep saying the same thing: that it is rolling on. “There’s not any difficult contract negotiations, it’s just putting different numbers in there and that’s what we’re doing and we’re working on this. “It’s a work in progress, bouncing emails back and forth and eventually we’re going to sign it.” Read More Ferrari boss gives Lewis Hamilton update after reports of shock move F1 Monaco Grand Prix: Why is practice no longer on a Thursday? Bernie Ecclestone would be surprised if Lewis Hamilton wanted to leave Mercedes Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes are the biggest losers from Imola Grand Prix cancellation Lewis Hamilton will stay with Mercedes as nowhere else to go – Guenther Steiner
2023-05-25 21:48

Why There Are No Ghosts in Hong Kong Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion Ride
Mystic Manor in Hong Kong Disneyland manages to honor the original Haunted Mansion ride while respecting cultural sensitivities at the same time.
2023-09-16 01:00
You Might Like...

Lemon8 is the anti-BeReal with all the same problems

Threat or not? Elon Musk gets new hearing on tweet about Tesla workers' stock amid UAW union effort

Anthony Joshua eyes Deontay Wilder fight after Helenius knock out

Martin Odegaard explains how Real Madrid stint contributed to Arsenal success

Who is Anton Lazzaro? GOP donor dubbed 'Minneapolis's Jeffrey Epstein' gets 21 years in prison for sex trafficking minors

32 Under-$100 Buys R29 Editors Tried & Loved In April

MLB schedule: Are the Yankees and Phillies playing tonight?

Stoic Ranks Among Best Mid-sized Companies on GamesIndustry.biz Best Places to Work Awards for 2023