'Dazzling' finish to new-look Tour de France route
High altitude, an Italian debut in Florence and a finale on the French Riviera are on the itinerary of the 3,492km route for the 2024...
2023-10-25 19:37
U.S. to slap new sanctions on Myanmar state-owned banks - sources
BANGKOK (Reuters) -The United States plans to levy new restrictions this week to cut off finances to Myanmar's military junta,
2023-06-21 15:54
Amazon plans to hire 250,000 US workers for holiday season
By Arriana McLymore NEW YORK, NY Amazon said it plans to add 250,000 U.S. workers for the holiday
2023-09-20 00:18
Stop Swiping: How to Add a Virtual Home Button to Your iPhone
Do you ever miss the good, old-fashioned home button on an iPhone? Starting with the
2023-06-04 01:42
Modern Warfare 2 Weapon Tuning Explained
At the time of writing, weapon tuning in Modern Warfare 2 has been disabled as there is a glitch causing the game to crash when players equip five attachments o
1970-01-01 08:00
Funds Linked to Blue Owl, Oaktree Squeeze In Pre-CPI Bond Sales
Blue Owl Capital Corp. II and FS KKR Capital Corp. are the latest business development companies to tap
2023-11-14 05:55
Jack Whitehall muted on final Soccer AM after making Rolf Harris and Rupert Murdoch joke
The final ever episode of Soccer AM descended into chaos on Saturday after comedian Jack Whitehall made a series of jokes about the Royal Family, Rolf Harris and Ruper Murdoch. The long-running football-themed magazine show was cancelled by its broadcaster Sky earlier this year bringing to an end its nearly 30-year spell on the network. Much like most of the show's history the final episode went out with a bang and a minor bit of controversy. The guest for the final episode included rapper Stormzy, actor Stephen Graham and the aforementioned Whitehall as well as presenters John 'Fenners' Fendley and ex-professional footballer Jimmy Bullard. Speaking to the panel, Whitehall flirted with controversy and was briefly muted when he began making jokes about Sky's owner Rupert Murdoch, the Royal Family and disgraced sex offender Rolf Harris, who died earlier this week from cancer aged 93. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter After being asked about the Royal Honours list Whitehall said: "Every year, the amount of brown-nosing I’ve done with that royal family! Also, I’d take anything, I’d have the one’s they stripped off Rolf.” The joke prompted audible gasps from the audience and crew and Bullard, laughing, stood up and walked off camera. Whitehall then attempted to defend himself adding: "Oh come on Jimmy! It’s the last show, let’s go out with a bang! It’s the end of term!” The 34-year-old stand up then appeared to go a bit too far for the production team and appeared to be muted while making a reference to Rupert Murdoch, which judging by Stephen Graham's face was a bit risque. Whitehall has referenced the controversy. In a tweet, he wrote: "Do not go gentle into that good night. #SoccerAm So much love for this show. This felt like a fitting send-off for me - I think over the years I’ve been muted more than any guest. Saturday mornings won’t be the same!" Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-05-27 20:20
Huawei wants to go all in on AI for the next decade
Huawei has joined the list of companies that want to be all about artificial intelligence.
2023-09-21 12:52
AP PHOTOS: Rugby World Cup quarterfinal lineups decided as Portugal exits in style
PARIS (AP) — The Rugby World Cup quarterfinal lineups are decided after a month of pool-stage games drew to a close with top-ranked Ireland and host France powering into the last eight with convincing victories.
2023-10-10 17:08
Pokémon GO Water Festival 2022: Everything You Need to Know
Here is everything you need to know about the features coming to the Pokémon GO Water Festival in 2022
1970-01-01 08:00
Read Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner’s bombshell prison letters for the first time
Letters written by the prime suspect in the Madeleine McCann case, in which he protests his innocence and tries to claim he had nothing to do with her disappearance, have been revealed for the first time. Christian Brueckner, who is in jail for rape, penned a series of letters from his prison cell, attempting to distance himself from the unsolved case of the then-three-year-old, who vanished while on a family holiday from Praia da Luz, Portugal, in 2007. “You can never imagine how it is when the whole world believes you are a child murderer, and you are not,” he wrote in the string of neatly written letters unveiled by MailOnline. One of Brueckner’s letters was sent days before police carried out a search last week at the remote Barragem do Arade reservoir, around 35 miles from where she disappeared. The search was a major new development in investigations and the first hunt in nine years. According to MailOnline, he goes on to say there is no evidence linking him to the case. “I got told a long time ago that the prosecuter’s office was closing the Maddie case because there is not even the smallest evidence. There will never be a trial,” he wrote. “The prosecutors are not saying anything to the public because they must give the files to my lawyers - and they contain many (sic) material which confirms my innocence.” In one of his letters, written from jail in Germany, he reportedly sketched a long, dark corridor of a prison wing and claimed police and prosecuters are “attempting to create a monster”. Brueckner then writes about the psychological toll of the case. “The torture I'm going through is the best evidence I can have,” he reportedly wrote. In his latest letter, he signed off saying: "I'm writing this without self-pity and my self-confidence and self-control was never at a higher level. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Chin up! Better days are coming." Brueckner, 45, is currently halfway through a prison sentence for raping a 72-year-old American woman in the Algarve in 2005, a few miles away from where Ms McCann was last seen alive in 2007, days before her fourth birthday. He is also facing prosecution for allegedly raping another three adult women in Portugal as well as for indecently exposing himself to two girls, aged 10 and 11. Read More Madeleine McCann – latest news: ‘Shrine’ found at Algarve reservoir launched police search British couple ‘found Madeleine McCann shrine’ at Portugal reservoir searched by police Christian Brueckner: Madeleine McCann suspect injured while in custody Madeleine McCann ‘shrine’ found at Algarve reservoir launched new search – latest What happened to Madeleine McCann? How much has the Madeleine McCann investigation cost?
2023-05-29 16:20
Google to Make Laptops in India in Win for Modi’s Tech Push
Alphabet Inc.’s Google will begin to make its Chromebook laptops in India, the latest among global tech companies
2023-10-02 13:41
You Might Like...
Vegan landlady roasted for banning tenants from cooking meat and fish in their own home
US doctors' group adopts new policy on healthy weight assessment
Pharrell Williams designed his first collection for Louis Vuitton for himself
'Smallville' star Allison Mack released after serving 3 years in prison for involvement in sex trafficking case linked to NXIVM cult
‘Today’ host Craig Melvin claims his ‘brain is not working’ as Al Roker trolls him on air
TikTok CEO Says Oracle Has Begun Reviewing Its Source Code
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor had 'millions' of players in first two weeks
Lancet study: More than 100 million people in India diabetic
