Focue Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, What You Focus On is What You Get.
⎯ 《 Focue • Com 》
'Cheap and ugly': 'Mama June' star Pumpkin slammed for being mean to customers on TikTok live sale
'Cheap and ugly': 'Mama June' star Pumpkin slammed for being mean to customers on TikTok live sale
'Mama June: Family Crisis' star Pumpkin laughs at a customer for not having money in bank during her TikTok Live sale
1970-01-01 08:00
Colleen Ballinger in fresh controversy after blackface performance resurfaces
Colleen Ballinger in fresh controversy after blackface performance resurfaces
Colleen Ballinger has faced renewed backlash after old footage reemerges appearing to show her performing in blackface to a Beyonce song. Ballinger is also known for her online persona Miranda Sings who became popular in the 2010s by sharing satirical clips of her singing. Recently, she has faced accusations of grooming minors and was criticised by former fans for turning an apology into a “joke” after posting a video singing and playing the ukulele while referencing the situation Now, the 36-year-old has faced significant backlash for appearing to perform in blackface in a video posted on her YouTube five years ago which remains up as an unlisted clip. In the video, she can be seen wearing a black leotard and is flanked by two male backing dancers as she does an awkward performance of Beyonce’s Single Ladies with what appears to be a black substance painted on her face. A clip from the video was shared on Twitter by British social media influencer Paige Christie, who wrote: “I’m gonna need someone to explain the black on her face…” Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter The clip left viewers shocked, particularly after Christie did some investigating and found the video had been uploaded as recently as 2018. One person responded: “WHAT?! How has she only now been cancelled pls and the people laughing. I feel sick.” It’s not the first time Ballinger has been accused of racism and racial stereotyping and in 2020, the singer apologised in which she pretended to be Latina. In a video, she said, “It is not funny, and it is completely hurtful”. She continued: “I am so ashamed and embarrassed that I ever thought this was OK. I was a sheltered teenager who was stupid and ignorant and clearly extremely culturally insensitive… Racial stereotypes are not funny, they’re not a joke, and they should never be joked about.” Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-07-06 15:55
Every AI announcement from the Microsoft Surface event
Every AI announcement from the Microsoft Surface event
The Microsoft Surface event on Thursday featured a bevy of artificial intelligence announcements. The company
2023-09-22 01:01
Charlie Munger, Who Helped Buffett Build Berkshire, Dies at 99
Charlie Munger, Who Helped Buffett Build Berkshire, Dies at 99
Charles Munger, the alter ego, sidekick and foil to Warren Buffett for almost 60 years as they transformed
2023-11-29 05:03
Kylie Minogue makes epic comeback at 55 as 'Padam Padam' becomes her biggest hit in over two decades
Kylie Minogue makes epic comeback at 55 as 'Padam Padam' becomes her biggest hit in over two decades
'Padam Padam' is the first single to be released from Kylie Minogue’s upcoming sixteenth studio album 'Tension'
2023-05-30 14:03
Meta’s Twitter rival Threads sees steep drop in daily users by 80 per cent, report says
Meta’s Twitter rival Threads sees steep drop in daily users by 80 per cent, report says
Meta’s Twitter rival Threads appears to be struggling to hold on to users as its daily active user count is down by about four-fifth since its launch – just days after it broke records as the fastest-growing app ever. Within a few days of its launch, Instagram’s threads reached 100 million users, making it the most rapidly growing app ever developed. In comparison, OpenAI’s ChatGPT, which was the previous fastest-growing app, took two months to reach 100 million users. Growing at such a rapid rate, Threads easily became the leading competitor of X (formerly Twitter) with about three times as many users as all other rivals combined within hours of launching. But new data assessed by market research firm Sensor Tower suggests Threads is facing challenges in retaining its user base. The firm’s analysis points out that the daily active user count of Threads is down by 82 per cent since the app’s launch as of 31 July, CNN reported. Fewer users are opening the app and doing so less frequently, apart from spending less time there, according to Sensor Tower. Citing the market research firm, CNN said users spent barely three minutes per day on Threads, compared to nearly 20 minutes during its initial launch. Analysis by another firm Similarweb also pointed out that Threads is struggling to retain its users. While the app’s usage peaked on 7 July – immediately after its launch – with over 49 million daily active users on Android alone, this number had fallen to 12.6 million by 23 July, according to a blog post by Similarweb. At its peak, Threads reportedly had over a third of X’s audience on that platform, but by 23 July, this had dropped to about 12 per cent of the users on the Elon Musk-owned platform. Sensor Tower noted that Threads’ daily active user count is still falling at about 1 per cent each day. “Threads took off like a rocket, with its close linkage to Instagram as the booster. However, the developers of Threads will need to fill in missing features and add some new and unique ones if they want to make checking the app a daily habit for users,” Similarweb noted in its blog post. Despite falling numbers, Meta chief Mark Zuckerberg is “quite optimistic” about the app, intending now to focus on “retention and improving the basics”, according to CNN. “And then after that, we’ll focus on growing the community to the scale we think is possible,” Mr Zuckerberg said. Read More Meta is secretly building an AI chatbot with the personality of Abraham Lincoln Are you a Facebook user? Here’s how to claim your share of $725m settlement in privacy lawsuit Elon Musk red-faced as police halt Twitter sign removal leaving company called ‘ER’ Mark Zuckerberg reveals his 4,000 calorie diet and large McDonald’s order Meta is secretly building an AI chatbot with the personality of Abraham Lincoln Here’s how to claim your share of $725m settlement in Facebook’s privacy lawsuit
2023-08-04 12:50
Australia, Indonesia Unveil Visa, Climate Pacts as Leaders Meet
Australia, Indonesia Unveil Visa, Climate Pacts as Leaders Meet
Longer business visas and millions of dollars in green investment aimed at bolstering economic ties capped the first
2023-07-04 15:42
Tschetter and Nkamhoua combine for 15-of-15 shooting as Michigan beats Youngstown State 92-62
Tschetter and Nkamhoua combine for 15-of-15 shooting as Michigan beats Youngstown State 92-62
Will Tschetter scored 20 points, Olivier Nkamhoua had 17 points and 10 rebounds and Michigan beat Youngstown State 92-62
2023-11-11 09:46
Which couple came in 4th in 'Love Island USA' Season 5? Carmen Kocourek and Kenzo Nudo slammed for 'scamming' their way to finale
Which couple came in 4th in 'Love Island USA' Season 5? Carmen Kocourek and Kenzo Nudo slammed for 'scamming' their way to finale
Hannah Wright and Marco Donatelli were declared as winners, while Kassy Castillo and Leonardo Dioniciobecame runners-up of 'Love Island USA' Season 5
2023-08-28 12:13
Trump accuses Ron DeSantis of ‘blatantly’ plagiarising his speech
Trump accuses Ron DeSantis of ‘blatantly’ plagiarising his speech
Donald Trump has accused his GOP presidential primary rival, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, of "blatantly" stealing a line from one of his speeches, despite the fact that the line dates back to former President Ronald Reagan. During Mr DeSantis's glitchy presidential bid announcement on Twitter, he invoked the phrase "Great American Comeback," which Mr Trump furiously claimed in a campaign statement that the governor stole from him. "I'm Ron DeSantis, and I'm running to lead the Great American Comeback," the Florida governor said. The phrase also served as the title of his official campaign video. Mr Trump's team took the opportunity to lash out at the former president's top rival in the Republican primary. “Amid a catastrophic failure to launch, Ron DeSantis announced his candidacy with ‘Great American Comeback,’ a phrase stolen from President Donald J. Trump’s 2020 State of the Union address,” the campaign statement said. “Perhaps, the DeSantis communications staff was pre-occupied attempting to extinguish the flames of their candidate’s announcement to come up with their own message.” The campaign statement included a side-by-side comparison between Mr Trump's 2020 State of the Union address and Mr DeSantis's launch video, according to Talking Points Memo. “Three years ago we launched the great American comeback. Tonight I stand before you to share the incredible results,” Mr Trump says in the clip. While the phrases are certainly identical, Mr Trump wasn't actually the first one to utter the words. The first widely known use of the phrase was by another former president — Ronald Reagan — during his 1986 State of the Union speech. Mr Reagan's speech — which had been delayed by the Challenger Space Shuttle disaster — included him boasting about the nation's economic growth and falling interest rates, which he chalked up to his policies. ”Family and community remain the moral core of our society, guardians of our values and hopes for the future,” Mr Reagan said. ”Family and community are the co-stars of this great American comeback.” Talking Points Memo found that the phrase became relatively common following the address, and was used when describing everything from tennis matches to rebounding reptile populations. Even within the realm of politics the phrase is not unique; House Speak Kevin McCarthy has used it numerous times, as has conservative pundit Monica Crowley. Mr DeSantis was also recently needled for clumsily invoking the spirit of former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill while complaining about "woke" ideology. "I recognize that the woke mind virus represents a war on the truth, so we will wage a war on the woke. We will fight the woke in education, we will fight the woke in the corporations, we will fight the woke in the halls of Congress," Mr DeSantis said in a speech on Saturday. The syntax of the speech is similar to the famous speech Churchill made in 1940 to the UK's House of Commons to lift British spirits following the evacuation of Dunkirk during World War II. "We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender," Churchill said. Critics, including former Barack Obama under secretary Richard Stengel, pointed out that Churchill was discussing battling against Adolf Hitler and the Nazis, while Mr DeSantis is railing against pronouns and trans bathroom usage. "Churchill was fighting Nazism, an enemy bent on world domination, while DeSantis is fighting, well, empathy and compassion," Mr Stengel said. "Not the same." The Independent has reached out to both Mr Trump and Mr DeSantis for comment. Read More David Furnish hits out at Ron DeSantis for ‘diabolically anti-Christian’ policies against LGBTQ+ people Showtime pulls Vice episode probing Ron Desantis’s Guantanamo record despite campaign trail questions DeSantis defines ‘woke’ after Trump claimed ‘half the people can’t’ Ivanka and Jared split over attending Trump 2024 launch – follow live Why was Donald Trump impeached twice during his first term? Four big lies Trump told during his 2024 presidential announcement
2023-06-06 06:03
Chelsea in talks with Roma over Romelu Lukaku loan
Chelsea in talks with Roma over Romelu Lukaku loan
Chelsea are in talks with Roma over a loan move for Romelu Lukaku.
2023-08-25 17:30
Alfred L. Cralle: The Black Businessman Who Invented a Better Way to Scoop Ice Cream
Alfred L. Cralle: The Black Businessman Who Invented a Better Way to Scoop Ice Cream
Alfred L. Cralle made scooping ice cream a one-hand job with his ingenious patent.
2023-06-05 22:00