
Gary O’Neil labels Newcastle penalty ‘scandalous decision’
Wolves boss Gary O’Neil called the decision to award Newcastle a first-half penalty in their 2-2 draw at Molineux “scandalous”. O’Neil was delighted by the way his players battled back, twice coming from a goal down to earn an impressive point through Hwang Hee-chan’s equaliser, but Wolves were once again left fuming at the officials on a busy afternoon for referee Anthony Taylor and VAR Jarred Gillett. The game was at 1-1, with Mario Lemina’s first Wolves goal cancelling out Callum Wilson’s opener, when Taylor pointed to the spot on the stroke of half-time. Hwang had been guilty of a heavy touch inside his own box, inviting Fabian Schar to challenge for the ball, but the Newcastle man appeared to kick the turf and looked to already be on his way down before any contact. There was a lengthy VAR check but the on-field decision stood, and Wilson kept his cool to put Newcastle back in front. “It was a scandalous decision,” O’Neil said. “It was a terrible on-field decision, and terrible that VAR didn’t intervene so I thought they got it badly wrong. “(Hwang) has a big touch…and then goes to clear the ball. He makes such minimal contact with Schar, hardly any, a glance of the boot. “Schar’s is already on the way down and the ball actually hits ‘Channy’ on the other foot before he even makes contact with Schar so technically he gets the ball before he makes contact with Schar, so that’s why it’s a terrible decision.” Wolves seemed to use their sense of injustice as fuel in the second half, and it was fitting that Hwang got the equaliser with his seventh goal of the season. “There’s never any question marks from me on his mentality, his willingness to work, his ability to refocus and get going again,” O’Neil said of the Korean. “Obviously he’s a threat, obviously his goalscoring this season for us has been a big plus and he gets another important one today.” The draw extends Wolves’ unbeaten run to five games, and O’Neil said: “I’m really pleased with the group. We suffered some setbacks and I think everyone could be proud of their work-rate, the quality and the resilience.” Eddie Howe was frustrated that Newcastle, playing for the first time since Sandro Tonali started a 10-month ban for betting offences, could not hold on for a win having twice led, but was happy with how they finished the match despite fatigue creeping in after Wednesday’s 1-0 defeat to Borussia Dortmund. “It was probably a fair result,” he said. “Two good teams. It was a really good spectacle. It’s frustrating having led not to get over the line and win the game but it was a really impressive end when the home crowd is up. “We’ve had a tough week with the Sandro situation and injuries to key players but it was a really good response.” Wilson’s brace, including an acrobatic opener to tidy up his own rebound, took him to seven goals from nine appearances, encouraging news for Howe with Alexander Isak facing a spell on the sidelines. “It was a massive contribution from Callum,” Howe said. “His first goal was hugely impressive, the first chance was the easier than the second but that’s typical Callum. “He took the penalty well and was probably frustrated he didn’t get the match ball with a chance at the end, but they were priceless goals for us.” Read More Jude Bellingham delighted after doing ‘something special’ to win El Clasico Wolves dig deep to earn dramatic draw with Newcastle Vincent Kompany incensed by decision not to review handball in Bournemouth loss Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta: What Eddie Nketiah has done is remarkable England were ‘desperate to win’ after Tonga provocation – Shaun Wane Exeter run riot against sloppy Sale
2023-10-29 03:54

Japan's Finance Minister says govt will take necessary forex steps as yen tumbles
By Tetsushi Kajimoto and Kaori Kaneko TOKYO (Reuters) -Japanese Finance Minister Shunichi Suzuki said on Tuesday that the government would
2023-11-14 12:13

Who is Neiana Allen-Bailey? Teen accused of killing father-of-two Uber driver and taking his car on joyride
Police tracked down Neiana Allen-Bailey after issuing a search warrant for Amare Geda's stolen 2014 Toyota Prius
2023-08-16 17:22

Lori Vallow trial - live: ‘Cult mom’ declines to give any defence in children’s murders
The defence in the trial of “doomsday cult mom” Lori Vallow at the Ada County Courthouse in Boise, Idaho, rested their case on Tuesday. Ms Vallow will not testify in the trial. Shortly after the prosecution rested its case, Ms Vallow’s attorney Jim Archibald told the court that after consulting with his client, “we don’t believe the state has proven its case so the defence rests.” According to CourtTV, the state called roughly 60 witnesses throughout the last five weeks of the trial, while the defence called none. The 49-year-old is charged with first-degree murder, conspiracy, and grand theft over the deaths of her daughter Tylee Ryan, 16, son Joshua “JJ” Vallow, 7, and her new husband Chad Daybell’s first wife Tammy, 49. Tylee and JJ were last seen alive in September 2019. In June 2020, their remains were found buried on the Daybell property. Tammy died one month after their disappearance in October 2019. Read More Lori Vallow ignored stepsons’ pleas as she exchanged romantic texts with Chad Daybell after husband’s death Lori Vallow trial hears autopsy details that show Tammy Daybell was likely restrained during her murder Lori Vallow’s friend says she threatened to ‘cut up’ and bury her one month after children disappeared
1970-01-01 08:00

Hearing in Trump classified documents case addresses a possible conflict for a co-defendant's lawyer
The federal judge overseeing the Florida classified documents case against Donald Trump is holding a hearing about a potential conflict of interest involving a co-defendant's lawyer
2023-10-21 02:12

John Cena impersonates Liverpool fan in lesson on British culture
John Cena attempted his best impression of a Liverpudlian accent as he learned about some iconic British pop culture moments. The 46-year-old wrester and actor was educated during a BBC Radio 1 segment where they printed out text from these viral clips for Cena to read. He was then shown the actual clips which include our favourites such as Jackie Weaver and Ronnie Pickering. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter One of the moments that was also shown was impassioned Liverpool fan James Redmond who went viral for his post-match comments back in 2017 when the The Reds won 4-2 against Hoffenheim in a Champions League play-off. "No you see I'm talking facts here. I don't do ifs, buts and maybes, I do absolutes," Cena said, reading out Redmond's words. "And, you know like, if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle. But she doesn't so she's not. Do you know what I'm try to say." The clip is then played to Cena for him to understand the full context, and he even gives the Scouse accent a go as he mimicked Redmond by repeating: "Why you's laughing for?" and "I'm being serious!" @bbcradio1 we taught fast x’s john cena about jackie weaver and ronnie pickering… you’re welcome ? #johncena #jackieweaver #ronniepickering #britishcomedy Thoroughly impressed with Redmond, a smiling Cena said: "Kid's nine and he's that sharp. Razor wit. I don't have jokes like that when I was six. He added: "This kid's three. He shouldn't be able to talk." But that wasn't all as Cena also had a go at doing a Yorkshire accent when "I'm in my mum's car" viral Vine clip was played, Fans couldn't quite believe what they were seeing, as they shared their bewilderment in the comments. One person wrote: "I never thought i would ever see John Cena attempt a scouse accent." "Seeing Johns face absolutely transfixed on these iconic British memes is absolutely incredible." Someone else added: "Ngl his impressions are actually not bad." "I just want a whole account of John Cena doing an English accent," a fourth person commented. Perhaps this could be Cena's audition tape to star in a British film or comedy? Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-05-22 22:47

I Was Ready To Defend Sexyy Red – Until She Supported Trump
St. Louis rapper Sexyy Red’s rise to fame this year has sent people into a tizzy for varying reasons. She’s received backlash for her sexually explicit lyrics, acclaim for her inspiring will to remain unapologetically herself, and criticism for her raunchy behavior at the BET Awards. I, for one, have loved her come-up, her memorable and openly sexual songs like “Pound Town” and “SkeeYee”, and her overall I-don’t-care-what-anyone-thinks-of-me personality. My admiration of her is what makes it that much more disappointing to hear of her recent support for former U.S. president Donald Trump.
2023-10-07 02:43

Was Logan Paul and KSI's Prime bottle-hurling incident a stunt? 'You big dummies forgot. They’re our fans'
Fans recently tossed empty Prime bottles at Logan Paul and KSI when they were at an event
2023-06-30 13:26

'We have four hours 10 minutes': Ridley Scott's Napoleon director's cut will be released on Apple TV+
A four-hour director's cut of Ridley Scott's 'Napoleon' will be released to viewers on Apple TV+ once the movie has hit cinemas.
2023-10-10 17:00

ChatGPT Vision lets you submit images in your prompts: 7 wild ways people are using it
Despite OpenAI's anthropomorphizing headline, ChatGPT Vision can't actually see. But it can process and analyze
2023-10-04 04:25

Nasdaq to buy financial software company Adenza in $10.5 billion cash-and-stock deal
Nasdaq is buying software company Adenza from software investment company Thoma Bravo in a cash-and-stock deal valued at $10.5 billion
2023-06-12 18:49

Olympic sports leaders meet amid uncertainty over Russians competing at 2024 Paris Games
Olympic sports bodies meet Wednesday amid ongoing uncertainty about if and how Russian athletes could return to their competitions ahead of the 2024 Paris Games
2023-05-31 13:36
You Might Like...

'It’s amazing': Joe Rogan stunned after learning how much money golfer Phil Mickelson makes

What is the Shortest Field in MLB The Show 22?

'Bring it on': Australia, England primed for blockbuster World Cup clash

Steelers Rumors: Matt Canada yells at cloud, defensive change, Pickett's status

Tale of two halves as ill-disciplined Italy beat Uruguay at World Cup

EXCLUSIVE | Sister of Randy Lexvold who was found dead near Lady Bird Lake cites 'errors' in autopsy

Nintendo confirms Princess Peach game

World’s Best Performing Office Market Has Occupancy of Over 98%