
Biden yanks pro-growth label from Republicans, touts vigor of economy
Taking the stage at a South Carolina factory for his latest "Bidenomics" speech, Joe Biden gave the base of the apparently malfunctioning podium a light kick. The real kicking, he reserved...
2023-07-07 09:19

KRISPY KREME® Partners with M&M’S® for First Time Ever in U.S.
CHARLOTTE, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 17, 2023--
2023-07-17 18:01

Lori Vallow trial - live: ‘Cult mom’ declines to give any defence in children’s murders
The defence in the trial of “doomsday cult mom” Lori Vallow at the Ada County Courthouse in Boise, Idaho, rested their case on Tuesday. Ms Vallow will not testify in the trial. Shortly after the prosecution rested its case, Ms Vallow’s attorney Jim Archibald told the court that after consulting with his client, “we don’t believe the state has proven its case so the defence rests.” According to CourtTV, the state called roughly 60 witnesses throughout the last five weeks of the trial, while the defence called none. The 49-year-old is charged with first-degree murder, conspiracy, and grand theft over the deaths of her daughter Tylee Ryan, 16, son Joshua “JJ” Vallow, 7, and her new husband Chad Daybell’s first wife Tammy, 49. Tylee and JJ were last seen alive in September 2019. In June 2020, their remains were found buried on the Daybell property. Tammy died one month after their disappearance in October 2019. Read More Lori Vallow ignored stepsons’ pleas as she exchanged romantic texts with Chad Daybell after husband’s death Lori Vallow trial hears autopsy details that show Tammy Daybell was likely restrained during her murder Lori Vallow’s friend says she threatened to ‘cut up’ and bury her one month after children disappeared
1970-01-01 08:00

Man Utd transfer rumours: Sancho up for sale; Hojlund exit demand
All the latest Manchester United transfer rumour around Jadon Sancho, Rasmus Hojlund and more.
2023-07-10 01:00

FIA boss outlines aspirations for future of F1: ‘More teams, less races’
FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem insists Formula 1 needs less races ahead of a record-breaking 2024 season – but more teams in wake of Andretti’s bid to become the 11th team on the grid. US-based Andretti, owned by Michael Andretti – the son of 1978 F1 world champion Mario, were the only prospective new team approved by the FIA to be a new outfit in F1 with the matter now in the hands of FOM (Formula One Management). Ben Sulayem, who took over as FIA chief at the start of last year and has caused controversy for his comments in relation to commercial rights holder F1 in the past, believes the sport should be looking to expand and says his “dream” is for 12 teams, the maximum amount currently allowed. “Saying no to a team which has been approved by the FIA [i.e. Andretti] – it’s very hard,” Ben Sulayem told Reuters. “The FIA should be asking, begging, OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) to come in. We should not just say no to them. “If you say: ‘What is my dream?’ It is to fill up the 12 [team slots] and to have one US team from an OEM and a [power unit] and a driver from there. And then go to China maybe and ask for the same thing and do it.” The current viewpoint within F1 towards a new team is believed to be lukewarm at best, due to financial concerns, though a thorough analysis will be undertaken. F1 will hold a record-breaking 24 races next season – up from 22 this year – with China and Imola returning after their cancellations in 2022. One issue mooted with more teams in the paddock has been space at traditional, older tracks like Zandvoort, but Ben Sulayem pointed towards the accommodation of Brad Pitt’s fictional Apex team for the F1-based Hollywood movie on the grid at times this season. “We are allowed to have 12 teams,” he added. “Some of the teams said ‘Oh, it will be crowded’. Really? We are already running a Hollywood team with us. “The circuits are supposed to have enough garages and space for 12 teams. I think the number of races is too much [rather] than the number of teams. We need more teams and fewer races. “The teams are looking at the piece of cake. I understand their worries but our worries are different.” Read More Aston Martin boss urges F1 to stick to 10 teams Andretti F1 team entry bid accepted by FIA What Lewis Hamilton’s clash with George Russell tells us about state of play at Mercedes F1 reveal unique Las Vegas GP schedule and ‘opening ceremony’ plans Lance Stroll ‘may have contravened FIA rules’ during furious outburst in Qatar F1 driver Esteban Ocon vomited in his helmet during ‘horrible’ Qatar Grand Prix
2023-10-12 17:06

Dave Chappelle divides Internet after selfie with Reps Lauren Boebert and Anna Luna goes viral
Dave Chappelle's representative clarified that he was in town for the upcoming Kennedy Center Honors and an 'Art is Activism' workshop
2023-12-01 17:38

Scherzer's Media Comments: Did Max Break Baseball's Unwritten Rules?
Prior to his trade from the New York Mets to the Texas Rangers, veteran starting pitcher Max Scherzer had a sit-down with GM Billy Eppler. Then, Scherzer decided to spill the beans to the media. Did he cross the line?Something has changed about Max Scherzer. Earlier this season, when he was caug...
2023-08-02 22:36

Ange Postecoglou praises Tottenham’s resilience following Harry Kane’s departure
Ange Postecoglou promised Tottenham would improve and praised the resilience of his squad for not allowing Harry Kane’s departure to distract them after they battled to a 2-2 Premier League draw at Brentford. Kane’s exit to Bayern Munich – coupled with four full debutants being used in their season opener – contributed to the start of a new dawn at Spurs and along with hosts Brentford, they produced an entertaining affair in west London. Cristian Romero headed Tottenham in front after 11 minutes before quick-fire efforts from Bees forwards Bryan Mbeumo and Yoane Wissa turned around this season opener, but James Maddison – wearing the 10 shirt in Kane’s absence – set up Emerson Royal to level matters on the stroke of half-time. It stayed 2-2 despite the visitors having 69 per cent possession and 18 shots, which pleased Postecoglou to an extent but the Australian was also aware they must get better in the final third, especially following the £100million sale of their record goal-scorer. “Football clubs move on pretty quickly,” Postecoglou reflected when asked if he had discussed Kane’s departure with the squad. “I haven’t needed to address it, I haven’t needed to give them a warm fuzzy cuddle just to see how they are. We had a game to prepare for and they knew that. “I think that was the important thing for us. If it felt like we were distracted, I was distracted or anyone else, I think you would have seen evidence of it today, particularly after that first half and the way it went. “We showed a real resilience that we’re going to need because it’s going to be a challenging year for sure. “It was a good starting point for us today, but we need to improve and we have to improve and we will. “I think that 2-1 down, having conceded a penalty and an own goal, it would have been very easy for us to drop our heads but I never sensed that in the group.” After Romero had combined with fellow vice-captain Maddison to open the scoring, he was forced off following an earlier clash of heads with Mbeumo. The Argentina international wanted to stay on, but Postecoglou had no doubt over the substitution, although was critical over how a pedantic minor error by Spurs’ backroom staff penalised them when it came to further substitutes. Postecoglou added: “They were pretty sure we needed – for his own benefit – to get him off and obviously what we know about head injuries, for me it is not even an issue. We will always err on the side of caution. “Disappointed that we apparently filled out the wrong slip and it was not a concussion sub. “In this day and age, where what we know about head injuries, if we are going to worry about what form we fill out, I thought it was pretty clear what happened – but hopefully he’ll be OK.” Despite no longer having Kane to call on and with other experienced members of the squad in Hugo Lloris and Eric Dier not involved, Postecoglou was happy to give the away fans reasons for optimism. “I thought our supporters were outstanding today,” he said. “It is fair to say we have put them through a fair bit this pre-season and all we can try and do is give them some hope and belief. “Hopefully they leave the ground, maybe disappointed we weren’t able to get the win, but at least seeing the players are fully committed to us trying to be a football team that makes an impact.” While a lot of the pre-match focus centred on Tottenham being without Kane, Brentford are missing last season’s top goal-scorer Ivan Toney until January due to his ban for repeated betting breaches. Bees boss Thomas Frank maintained there was no need for them to sign a new forward and was pleased to be validated in their opening fixture with Mbeumo and Wissa on target. He said: “There have been quite a few questions from you guys at the end of last season and the start of this about ‘will we buy a striker?’ And I’ve said no, no, no, no and no because we believe the forward players we have will provide enough goals. “Bryan and Wissa showed it last season and I am so glad they showed it again today. “Do I want Ivan in the team? Yes, but I know he is not there before January so I am not focused too much on that, only on the players we have now.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Arsenal defender William Saliba ‘really happy’ to be back after injury Two assists for James Maddison as Tottenham move on without Harry Kane with draw Kylian Mbappe returns to PSG squad after ‘constructive and positive’ talks
2023-08-14 00:58

New Zealand Treasury Now Sees House Prices Declining Into 2024
New Zealand house prices will extend their declines into 2024 in the face of a softer labor market
2023-05-19 07:43

Louisiana Democratic governor vetoes bill banning gender-affirming care for minors
Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards has vetoed a ban on gender-affirming care for most minors in the state, the latest Democratic governor to push back on a GOP-led legislature's efforts to restrict transgender youth's access to such treatments.
2023-07-01 10:42

'Partridge Family' alum Danny Bonaduce gives brain surgery update, says 'I lived bitch'
Danny Bonaduce said that before the neurological disorder was diagnosed, he met with 100 doctors and it remains unclear why the ailment began
2023-06-08 06:46

Huawei Protests EU Guideline That Aims to Phase It Out as Vendor
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. said the European Commission’s call to recommend excluding its advanced wireless equipment in the
2023-06-17 11:43
You Might Like...

Defending champ Alcaraz could face Sinner in US Open quarter-finals

Judge won't halt US government destruction of Texas border razor wire fencing

Cubs Rumors: Shohei Ohtani buzz, PCA’s next step, playoff outlook

Fox Corp. dinged by Dominion settlement in third quarter

UBS's Credit Suisse takeover, 'deal of the century'?

Hilaria and Alec Baldwin celebrate 11th anniversary, mom of seven jokes about having '11 more children'

Oil Rally Gets Fresh Impetus From Shrinking Stockpiles at US Hub

SEC has 8-10 filings of possible Bitcoin ETF products - Gensler