Focue Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, What You Focus On is What You Get.
⎯ 《 Focue • Com 》
Kidnappers use grisly tactics as Ecuador crime spirals
Kidnappers use grisly tactics as Ecuador crime spirals
Crime has taken a sadistic turn in Ecuador, where kidnappers now regularly amputate the fingers of their victims and send images to pressure...
2023-06-17 09:57
DBS Sees Higher Margin After Quarterly Profit Tops Estimates
DBS Sees Higher Margin After Quarterly Profit Tops Estimates
DBS Group Holdings Ltd., Southeast Asia’s largest bank, signaled improving margins in the second half of this year
2023-08-03 08:21
England World Cup winner Bobby Charlton dies aged 86
England World Cup winner Bobby Charlton dies aged 86
England World Cup winner and Manchester United great Bobby Charlton, described by the club as a "giant of the game", has died at the age of...
2023-10-21 23:37
Logitech Offers First Ever MX Keyboard Combo with New Software to Increase Flow and Productivity
Logitech Offers First Ever MX Keyboard Combo with New Software to Increase Flow and Productivity
LAUSANNE, Switzerland & NEWARK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 31, 2023--
2023-05-31 15:01
Want to tune in for the third GOP presidential debate? Here’s how to watch
Want to tune in for the third GOP presidential debate? Here’s how to watch
It’s time for the third Republican presidential debate
2023-11-08 13:23
Spain players emphasise ‘firm will’ to refuse national team call-ups
Spain players emphasise ‘firm will’ to refuse national team call-ups
Women’s world champions Spain have been plunged into further chaos after players refused call-ups to their latest squad. Fifteen World Cup winners were included in the squad for the Nations League games against Sweden and Switzerland, despite saying they would boycott international duty. A group of 81 players, including all 23 members of the World Cup squad, indicated three weeks ago that they would not play for Spain again while Luis Rubiales remained Spanish football federation (RFEF) president as a result of his behaviour at the final. Rubiales caused a huge controversy after kissing midfielder Jenni Hermoso – who has been left out of the latest squad – on the lips during the medal ceremony following the team’s 1-0 victory over England. Hermoso insists she did not consent to the kiss. Amid increasing pressure, Rubiales finally resigned from his post last week, but 39 players, including 21 World Cup winners, released a statement on Friday saying that was not enough to trigger their return to national-team duty. The players said they were not yet “in a safe place” to return and that the problems at the RFEF ran far deeper than Rubiales. However, despite their pledge to boycott, many were still named in Monday’s squad by new head coach Montse Tome, who said Hermoso had been left out for her own protection. In response, the players released a statement on Monday night which read: “What was expressed in our statement of September 22, 2023, makes clear and without any option for another interpretation our firm will not to be summoned for justified reasons. These statements are still fully valid. “During the days following that statement, we want to make it known to the public that nothing different has been transmitted to any member of the RFEF, so we expressly ask that the information transmitted publicly be rigorous. “As elite professional players and after everything that has happened today, we will study the possible legal consequences to which the RFEF exposes us by putting us on a list from which we had asked not to be called for reasons already explained publicly and in more detail to the RFEF, and with this make the best decision for our future and for our health. “It does seem relevant to us to point out, in this sense, that the call has not been made in a timely manner, in accordance with article 3.2 of annex one of FIFA’s regulations on the status and transfer of players, so we understand that the RFEF is not in a position to require us to go.” New head coach Tome said Spain were still “counting on” Hermoso, despite her omission from their first squad since lifting the World Cup. “We stand with Jenni,” she told a press conference. “We believe that the best way to protect her is like this, but we are counting on Jenni. “It’s the start of a new phase, the clock is ticking. There is nothing behind us and we really want to connect with these players.” Rubiales has been banned from going within 200 metres of Hermoso as the national court in Madrid considered a complaint of sexual assault, something the 46-year-old denies. Tome had been due to name her squad on Friday, but the announcement had to be delayed. Barcelona’s Mapi Leon and Patri Guijarro, who were not included in Spain’s World Cup party after signing a letter protesting against former manager Jorge Vilda, who was sacked during the fallout of Rubiales’ actions, were included in Monday’s squad. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Taulupe Faletau: Belief and confidence key for Wales at World Cup Joe Marler says England more interested in winning than playing with ‘finesse’ Callum Hudson-Odoi scores brilliant debut goal to earn Forest draw with Burnley
2023-09-19 05:40
'Thank you for not taking sides': Internet praises Pete Davidson's monologue on Israel-Hamas war
'Thank you for not taking sides': Internet praises Pete Davidson's monologue on Israel-Hamas war
'I'm gonna do what I've always done in the face of tragedy, and that's try to be funny,' said Pete Davidson
2023-10-15 18:58
Britney Spears Inadvertently Hit Herself in the Face In Wembanyama Security Incident, According to Police
Britney Spears Inadvertently Hit Herself in the Face In Wembanyama Security Incident, According to Police
No charges will be filed in the Britney Spears-Victor Wembanyama "slap" incident.
2023-07-08 03:50
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X3D Review
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X3D Review
Just when we thought we saw the last of AMD’s Ryzen 5000 Series processors, here
2023-07-20 03:00
Rep. Andy Kim announces he'll run against NJ Sen. Bob Menendez in wake of his indictment
Rep. Andy Kim announces he'll run against NJ Sen. Bob Menendez in wake of his indictment
New Jersey Democratic Rep. Andy Kim announced on Saturday a 2024 Senate challenge to Sen. Bob Menendez in the wake of the senator's indictment and refusal to step down.
2023-09-24 03:55
Couple instantly regret opening message in a bottle they found washed up on beach
Couple instantly regret opening message in a bottle they found washed up on beach
There’s something magical, even romantic, about the idea of finding a message in a bottle. It evokes dreams of far-off shipwrecks and intimate capsules from the past. But, in fact, the reality of finding such a missive can be a lot more prosaic – and even downright disturbing – as one couple discovered last week. The pair, named Rick and Crystal, were enjoying a seaside stroll on a beach in North Queensland, Australia, when they spotted a mysterious bottle in the waves. Filming their find for TikTok, Rick grabbed the clear, glass container, which contained a piece of paper along with what looked like sand, and handed it to his partner to open up. Realising the neck was too narrow for her fingers, they tipped it upside down, sending the dusty-looking contents pouring out. Crystal was still unable to pull out the note, but she managed to read it through the murky glass. “Here lies the ashes of Geoffrey,” she said, before blurting out “argh” with horror. Continuing, she read: “If found, please throw the bottle in the outgoing tide so I can continue my journey.” Realising that they had just chucked away the cremated remains of a man and ruined his final wish, Rick replied awkwardly: Oops.” @auslapourway This was not a set up, it was a total accident. #FNQGeoffrey#ashes#ooops#soz#gatheredGeoffbackbinbottle#thrownbackout Their video racked up more than 1.8 million views and 234,000 likes in just five days, as thousands of fellow TikTokers shared their morbid glee at the alleged mishap. “Looks like his journey has ended twice” wrote one commentator. “Well anyways welcome to Australia Geoff,” joked another. “Omg that’s my dad,” wrote a third, along with a grimacing emoji. “Okay but why would you put a message in a bottle and not think someone would open it?” mused a fourth. A fifth suggested that the couple may not have been the first to may the mistake. “Wonder how full the bottle was originally,” they wrote, to which Rick replied: “Haha yer we thought that.” A sixth recommended that the pair “just put some sand back in there and chuck it back in”. “No one will ever know,” they added. “That’s exactly what I did,” Rick admitted in response. “Tried to get all of him back in there. Felt bad bro.” Well, even if Geoff’s physical journey ended there, at least he’s now travelled the world through social media. Sign up for our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings
2023-10-30 18:53
Benjamin Mendy chasing back pay from Manchester City, bankruptcy court told
Benjamin Mendy chasing back pay from Manchester City, bankruptcy court told
Ex-Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy is chasing millions of pounds of back pay from his former club and is selling his house in a bid to avoid bankruptcy, the High Court has heard. HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is seeking a bankruptcy order against the France international over a nearly £800,000 tax debt, a specialist judge was told. The hearing in London on Wednesday comes less than a month after the 29-year-old was cleared of rape and attempted rape at Chester Crown Court. Jacquille Jarrett, representing HMRC, said proceedings at the Insolvency and Companies Court had previously been postponed pending the outcome of the criminal trial and for a settlement of Mendy’s debt from backdated salary or the sale of his property. “There has been no contact from the debtor,” Jarrett said, adding: “The agreement advises that an update would be given to HMRC but no contact was made. “We look to secure a bankruptcy order today.” Mendy’s accountant, who refused to give reporters his full name, told the hearing the now Lorient defender “was found not guilty in respect of those very serious criminal charges against him”. He said Manchester City had not paid Mendy, who was not present at Wednesday’s hearing, since September 2021. He was very short of money indeed, the cost of the legal case were over one million pounds Benjamin Mendy's accountant The accountant said Mendy’s agent is “in negotiations with Manchester City to get the back pay on the basis that he has been found not guilty”. The sum is “in the order of nine to 10 million pounds gross”, the accountant told the court. He also said Mendy’s house in Cheshire is being marketed by estate agent Savills for £5million. “He himself has moved back to France where he comes from,” the accountant said. “I would like to ask for a short extension because I am told very firmly by his agent that the pay issue will be resolved from Manchester City. “He was very short of money indeed, the cost of the legal case were over one million pounds.” Mendy left City in June at the expiration of his contract, having not played for the European champions since August 2021. He has since signed a two-year deal with French club Lorient. Judge Clive Jones told Wednesday’s hearing that Mendy’s HMRC debt is £788,409. Criticising Mendy, the judge said: “I’m very unimpressed at the lack of information that’s been provided both to HMRC and to the court prior to this hearing. “That, I really think, is the wrong step for him to take,” he said, adding that Mendy must attend any further hearing or be legally represented. The judge adjourned the bankruptcy proceedings to 11am on October 4 to allow Mendy to sell his house. He said he has been told there is “more than sufficient equity in a house”, adding that “time should be given to enable payment to be made”. “I also bear in mind that there are also negotiations in place about the backdated pay,” the judge said, adding that Mendy could be being paid “a large sum in wages” in France. On July 14 this year, jurors found the full-back not guilty of a charge of rape and one of attempted rape, following a three-week trial at Chester Crown Court. Mendy had been on trial for a second time, the jury failing to reach verdicts on the allegations made by two women. In his first trial, lasting six months and ending in January, he was cleared of six counts of rape and one count of sexual assault, relating to four other young women or teenagers. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Leona Maguire taking valuable lessons learned into bid for glory at Women’s Open Boost morale and win over the fans – The issues facing Gary O’Neil at Wolves Wolves move quickly to appoint Gary O’Neil following Julen Lopetegui departure
2023-08-09 23:12