Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter mark 77th wedding anniversary at home in Plains, Georgia
Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter are marking their 77th wedding anniversary with a quiet Friday at their south Georgia home, extending their record as the longest-married first couple ever as both face significant health challenges
2023-07-07 12:10
Paul King gained 50 pounds scoffing chocolates on Wonka set
Wonka director Paul King has confessed he gained 50 pounds while working on the movie because he was scoffing sweets which had been specially made for the chocolate factory set
2023-07-17 15:00
Vera Pauw insists she ‘will never win from a lie’ over body-shaming allegations
Republic of Ireland Women’s manager Vera Pauw insists she “will never win from a lie” and will have to carry allegations she body-shamed players for the rest of her life. The Dutchwoman has previously strongly refuted the claims made in a report on misconduct in the National Women’s Soccer League relating to the period she was in charge of Houston Dash. Further allegations from former players emerged this week and have overshadowed the team’s preparations for the Women’s World Cup which will see them play France at Tallaght Stadium in their final game before departing. “I think it is the same story as in December. It is something from a few anonymous players and how can you defend yourself against a lie?” she told a press conference. “I will never win from a lie. That is clear now. I have to live with it and carry it with me for the rest of my life I’m afraid.” The original report claimed Pauw “shamed players for their weight” and “attempted to exert excessive control over eating habits”. “Go through the allegations and put Pep Guardiola, Louis Van Gaal or (Jose) Mourinho in that and you would laugh about it,” Pauw added. “It is all about coaching, it is not about anything else. I don’t want to go into details because it is nonsense and untrue. “There is great safety in the truth and that truth is with me. The people around me, the people who know me and the people who saw me working know that is not true. “We are going to a World Cup. We have done phenomenally with this team and I would never have been able to do that if our bond with each other had not been so strong or positive.” Ireland’s captain Katie McCabe admits she has had disagreements with Pauw but insists things have never crossed a line and they are both focused on doing the best for the team. “Vera has a style of management that we are used to over the last two years,” she said. “We’ve worked together, we’ve argued with each other as you’re never going to get on 100 per cent with your manager at times. She pushes me and I push her. I will never win from a lie. That is clear now. I have to live with it and carry it with me for the rest of my life I'm afraid. Vera Pauw “We have clashed many times but we are always professional enough to make sure we are fully focused for the team. “Both of our hearts are in the right place in terms of what is best for the Ireland women’s national team going forward. “This is such a massive time in Ireland for women’s football and it’s frustrating we can’t be here talking about our massive send-off game tomorrow and the fact we are heading to our first major tournament. “It takes the sting out of it from the team’s point of view.” The Football Association of Ireland issued a statement on Monday saying it was “fully focused on supporting Vera and the women’s team”. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Three people arrested after multiple protests take place at Wimbledon Katie Boulter and boyfriend Alex De Minaur team up for Wimbledon mixed doubles Jai Hindley wins Tour de France stage five to take yellow jersey
2023-07-06 00:23
Premier League news LIVE: Erling Haaland latest and injury updates from today’s press conferences
Manchester City striker Erling Haaland, Arsenal captain Martin Odegaard and Manchester United goalkeeper Andre Onana are set to be fit as the Premier League returns from the November international break this weekend. All three players withdrew or were absent from their international squads over the past fortnight but are set to be available for their respective fixtures. Haaland was considered to be an injury doubt after picking up a knock in Norway’s friendly win against the Faroe Islands, but Pep Guardiola is hopeful he will be ready to face Liverpool in Saturday’s top-of-the table clash. The battle between Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp kicks off when should be a fascinating run of fixtures leading up to Christmas and beyond. Along with the fight for first place, there’s the battle for fourth with Aston Villa, Manchester United, Newcastle and Brighton all chasing down Tottenham who currently sit in the final Champions League place. Villa face Spurs this weekend while United host Everton. Speaking of the Toffees, they are once again in the midst of a relegation battle having been deducted 10-points for breaking the Premier League’s financial rules. The deduction sees them drop down to 19th above Burnley, and puts them two points away from safety. Follow along for the latest updates and injury news from the Premier League: Read More Pep Guardiola ‘hopeful’ Erling Haaland will return from injury to face Liverpool Mauricio Pochettino provides Chelsea injury updates on Christopher Nkunku and Romeo Lavia Mikel Arteta reveals Martin Odegaard and Gabriel Jesus updates before Brentford clash
2023-11-24 22:14
Where to Buy PlayStation Gift Cards
Want to buy PlayStation gift cards this holiday season? Here's where to start looking.
1970-01-01 08:00
US Sees Domestic Risks to Taiwan’s Ability to Fend Off China
Taiwan’s growing capability to blunt a potential Chinese invasion could be stymied by domestic political and infrastructure challenges,
2023-08-26 05:46
Girona left angered by Barcelona's Oriol Romeu approach
Barcelona's contact with Oriol Romeu has left Girona frustrated.
2023-07-02 17:00
Dane Cook marries Kelsi Taylor
Dane Cook has married his long time love, Kelsi Taylor.
2023-09-26 21:35
Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky power duo expands $90M property empire with splendid $18.5M luxurious acquisition
In addition to their Byron Bay mansion, Chris Hemsworth and his wife Elsa Pataky own a horse ranch and retreat in Broken Head, spanning 35 hectares
2023-06-04 15:16
Patrick Kielty: It's 'the honour of a lifetime' to host Late Late Show
The County Down-born comedian says hosting RTÉ's flagship show is the "honour of a lifetime".
2023-09-16 05:52
Two more women make allegations of violence against Antony
Further allegations against Manchester United winger Antony have emerged following the domestic abuse claims that saw him dropped by Brazil. The 23-year-old earlier this week was omitted from the Brazil squad after accusations of physical aggression on a number of occasions since January towards his former girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin, which are being investigated by police and which he denies. Since then, Brazilian newspaper Extra has reported that influencer and law student Rayssa de Freitas in May 2022 filed a police report against Antony alleging she sustained injuries in an incident involving the player and another woman after a night out in Sao Paulo. Meanwhile, banker Ingrid Lana has told Brazil’s RecordTV that in an incident at Antony’s home in Manchester in October 2022 he “pushed me against the wall, and I hit my head”. Lana said that Antony “tried to have a relationship with me and I didn’t want to”, adding: “My purpose was just business. Arriving there, at his invitation, I realised that he had ulterior motives.” United had no comment to make on those further allegations when contacted by the PA news agency on Friday. Regarding the Cavallin accusations, the club had said in a statement: “Manchester United acknowledges the allegations made against Antony and notes that the police are conducting enquiries. “Pending further information, the club will be making no further comments. “As a club, we are taking this matter seriously, with consideration of the impact these allegations and subsequent reporting will have on survivors of abuse.” United have not said whether Antony remains available for selection. In an interview with Brazilian website UOL – which also published photographs and screenshots of messages between the pair – Cavallin claims she was attacked by Antony “with a headbutt” in a Manchester hotel room on January 15, leaving her with a cut head which needed treatment from a doctor. Cavallin also alleges she was punched in the chest by Antony, which she claims caused damage to a silicone breast implant which required corrective surgery back in Brazil. Another alleged incident is claimed to have taken place at a house on May 8, with Cavallin saying she suffered a cut finger while trying to protect herself, accusing Antony of throwing a glass cup towards her as well as then taking her passport. Cavallin is said to have filed a report to Sao Paulo Civil Police concerning allegations of physical and verbal abuse by Antony while on holiday in Brazil during June 2022, when she was pregnant, as well as making a separate complaint to Greater Manchester Police. Writing on Instagram earlier this week, Antony, who signed for United from Ajax in an £85.5million deal in September 2022, dismissed the claims as “false accusations”. He wrote: “From the beginning I have treated this matter with seriousness and respect, providing the necessary clarifications before the police authority. “However, I can calmly state that the accusations are false and that the evidence already produced and the other evidence that will be produced demonstrate that I am innocent of the accusations made. “My relationship with Gabriela was tumultuous, with verbal insults from both sides, but I never committed any physical aggression. “Therefore, I come to vehemently deny the accusations made and inform you that I remain at the entire disposal of the Brazilian authorities to clarify whatever is necessary. “I trust that the ongoing police investigations will demonstrate the truth about my innocence.” The allegations against Antony come after United announced last month that Mason Greenwood would leave Old Trafford. Greenwood was suspended by the club on January 30, 2022 over allegations relating to a young woman after images and videos were posted online. The case, where the forward faced charges including attempted rape and assault, was discontinued by the Crown Prosecution Service in February and he has since joined Spanish side Getafe on loan. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Key talking points as Ireland prepare for Rugby World Cup opener against Romania Big-spending Saudis contribute £700million to record £6billion transfer total Darcy Graham passed fit for Scotland in World Cup opener against South Africa
2023-09-08 20:20
Haze from Canadian wildfires eases as reinforcements from abroad arrive
The hazardous haze from wildfires in Canada’s northeast has eased there and throughout much of northeastern United States, but Canadian officials warn it could be a marathon fire season and are welcoming the help of firefighters arriving from other countries
2023-06-10 03:44
You Might Like...
‘Death pool’ discovered at the bottom of the sea which kills everything instantly
Alaska fishermen will be allowed to harvest lucrative red king crab in the Bering Sea
Jennifer Lawrence convinced co-star Andrew Feldman to pick 'No Hard Feelings' over studying at Harvard
Who are James Morris and Ryann McCracken? 'The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On' couple to tackle trust issues
Mane's Bayern departure sad but for the best - Tuchel
PGT Innovations mobilizes team to deliver post-storm aid following Hurricane Idalia
Lakers rumors: Interest in Chris Paul contingent on one thing
Pokémon GO Sizes: XXS and XXL Pokémon Explained
