Secure lifetime access to CompTIA and IT study guides for under £25
TL;DR: A lifetime subscription to the 2023 CompTIA and IT Exam Study Guide is on
2023-08-20 12:00
Yellen says U.S. economy strong but some areas slowing
WASHINGTON The U.S. economy is strong amid robust consumer spending but some areas are slowing down, U.S. Treasury
2023-06-07 20:47
How much did Michael Oher get paid for 'Blind Side'? Star sues 'adoptive' family for 'tricking him' into signing conservatorship
This legal move comes as Michael Oher promotes his latest book, 'When Your Back's Against the Wall'
2023-08-15 16:07
Toll Brothers beats profit estimates on higher home sales
Homebuilder Toll Brothers Inc beat Wall Street estimates for third-quarter profit on Tuesday, as demand for luxury homes
2023-08-23 05:24
Andaz Hotels Inspire Travelers to Be Like No One’s Watching Through Captivating Andaz Global Campaign
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 27, 2023--
2023-11-28 00:54
Man Utd goalkeeper undergoing Bayer Leverkusen medical
Matej Kovar is on the verge of leaving Manchester United in permanent transfer.
2023-08-11 03:15
The key questions behind Julen Lopetegui’s Wolves departure
Julen Lopetegui has parted company with Wolves just days before the start of the new Premier League season. Here, the PA news agency looks at what went wrong for the Spaniard. Wasn’t the appointment of Lopetegui considered a coup and wasn’t he doing well? Yes, when Wolves brought in the former Spain and Real Madrid manager last November, with the team in the relegation zone, it seemed the club had made a smart appointment. Given that Lopetegui had initially turned them down too, they had shown great determination to recruit him. He repaid them by comfortably guiding the club to survival. It was not spectacular but he steadied the ship and form in the spring was a clear uplift on the football of his predecessor Bruno Lage. So, the foundations were there to build on. Where did it start to go wrong? At the end of last season there were rumblings that the club would need to match Lopetegui’s ambition in order for him to stay on, despite having signed a three-year contract when he arrived. That meant strengthening a squad that fell short in many areas last term, particularly in the goal-scoring department. Yet, with the club also concerned about balancing the books, it appears they were unable to satisfy him and relations soured. What have been the problems with the squad? Wolves signed 10 senior players last season and brought in a further two on loan. Having posted a loss of £41.6million in their last set of financial results, this obviously suggested some sales would be required to prevent further deficit and to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations. Subsequently captain Ruben Neves left for Saudi Arabian side Al-Hilal for a club record £47million and Raul Jimenez also moved on, with Matt Doherty the only notable arrival on a free transfer. What was said about the situation? Lopetegui voiced his frustration over the summer, saying that transfer activity had been a “big disappointment” and he was unable to enact his ideas. “We were excited by this new plan, but now we don’t have this plan because we don’t have any new players,” he said. Wolves chairman Jeff Shi put out his side of the story in an open letter to supporters last week. “We are also working hard to make sure the club have a long-term robustness and sustainability,” he wrote, adding that it was important to “maintain a sustainable balance of both sporting performance and financial strength”. It seems this only succeeded in bringing matters with Lopetegui to a head. What happens next? Given his track record and reputation, Lopetegui is not likely to have trouble finding his next job. Clubs will need to be wary his services come with high demands, however. Wolves are reportedly lining up former Bournemouth manager Gary O’Neil as his replacement. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live
2023-08-09 04:42
Greece wildfires - live: Jet2 scraps flights as firefighters in race against time to stop inferno spreading
Jet2 has cancelled flights to Rhodes as wildfires tear through the Greek holiday destination for a sixth consecutive day. The Jet2 planes were scheduled to depart from the East Midlands, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle and Stansted airports with passengers on board to begin their holidays. But instead those travellers will be offered refunds, while the planes bring back holidaymakers who were due to return. Fire crews are in a race against time to stop the fires spreading further with 21mph (34kph) winds forecast for tomorrow. Thousands of tourists have been forced to flee their hotels and be evacuated off the beach by a fleet of private boats. The fires have been burning for a sixth consecutive day as Rhodes, like many parts of southern Europe, swelters under a prolonged heatwave. British tourists have described being caught up in the “terrifying” ordeal, with the Foreign Office directing UK nationals towards a crisis management unit set up by the Greek authorities. Read More Wildfires on Greek island of Rhodes force thousands of holidaymakers to evacuate From body bags of ice to pavement burn: US grapples with new extreme heat reality Hiker, 71, dies in Death Valley shortly after being asked by reporter why he was braving heat: ‘Why not?’ July 2023 is set to be world’s hottest month in ‘hundreds, if not thousands, of years’
2023-07-23 17:14
3 St. Louis Cardinals rotation targets who made the postseason
The St. Louis Cardinals need pitching, and these three starters from playoff teams could be fits
2023-10-06 00:07
World Cup: Wiegman willing to ‘make changes’ as Lionesses prepare for Denmark clash
Sarina Wiegman has revealed that she is willing to “make changes” as the Lionesses prepare to face Denmark at the Women’s World Cup on Friday, 28 July. The England boss stuck with the same starting XI for every match of the Lionesses’ triumphant Euro 2022 campaign, but the retirements and injuries have left her current squad looking quite different. “I want to make changes. What we do is approach every game, and then when we get ready for that game we see who is fit and available, and then we make decisions to what we need to start with,” Wiegman said.
2023-07-28 01:19
Max Verstappen’s achievements are still underestimated – Fernando Alonso
Fernando Alonso believes Max Verstappen’s record-equalling Formula One reign has been underestimated. Verstappen matched Sebastian Vettel’s all-time streak of nine consecutive wins with a brilliant display in Sunday’s wet-dry-wet Dutch Grand Prix. The Red Bull driver is 138 points clear at the summit of the world championship and could close out his third title as early as next month. Earlier this season, Lewis Hamilton described Verstappen’s Red Bull machine as the fastest car he has ever seen. But during Verstappen’s run of nine in a row, team-mate Sergio Perez – the only other driver to win a race in 2023 – has finished off the podium five times. And double world champion Alonso, runner-up to Verstappen in Zandvoort, said: “It is underestimated what Max is achieving. To win in such a dominant way in any professional sport is so complicated. “Today I felt connected with the car and that I was able to give 100 per cent of my abilities but perhaps at other races in Belgium or Austria, for example, I wasn’t able to do that. “But Max is achieving 100 per cent more often than the rest of us at the moment, and that is why he is dominating.” Since he claimed his maiden title at the controversial season-ending Abu Dhabi race in 2021, Verstappen has won 26 of the 35 races staged. In his last 24 appearances, Verstappen has failed to win just four times. He has triumphed at 11 of the 13 rounds so far this year. On Sunday night, Red Bull team principal Christian Horner lauded his star driver as “simply untouchable”. Hamilton’s Mercedes team secured eight consecutive constructors’ championships before Red Bull returned to the top. Hamilton won six titles in seven seasons, but he was never able to win more than five races in a row. Michael Schumacher managed seven straight victories for Ferrari during his stranglehold of the sport at the turn of the century. And Verstappen, 25, said: “There have been more dominant cars in the past than we have at the moment, and they haven’t been able to win nine in a row. “It is hard and, especially in the rain, it’s easy to make a wrong call or spin into the gravel. So, it’s never that straightforward.” Verstappen will bid to secure his 10th consecutive win at this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix in Monza. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live How Max Verstappen equalled Sebastien Vettel’s record for consecutive race wins Max Verstappen reveals Sebastian Vettel prediction as he closes on GP record run Max Verstappen is one of the best drivers in F1 history – Lando Norris
2023-08-28 17:21
Mets Lost on a Walk-Off Balk vs. Royals
A bad end to a bad day.
2023-08-02 22:30
You Might Like...
US surgeons report longest successful pig-to-human kidney transplant
Erling Haaland FIFA 23: How to Complete the Premium FUTTIES SBC
The psychology of Big Brother: How to survive in the house
Pep Guardiola wants financial charges against Manchester City to be settled 'as soon as possible'
Does your pillowcase make a difference to your skin and hair health?
Joe Rogan shares thoughts about Donald Trump's wife Melania Trump during 'JRE' podcast
Brandon Woodruff tosses a 6-hitter as the Milwaukee Brewers pound the Miami Marlins 12-0
EU to send human rights envoy to Cuba, but will not 'impose' demands
