Focue Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, What You Focus On is What You Get.
⎯ 《 Focue • Com 》
Chandrayaan-3: India Moon lander's reawakening unlikely as lunar night looms
Chandrayaan-3: India Moon lander's reawakening unlikely as lunar night looms
India's space agency says the Chandrayaan-3's lander and rover have already completed all their objectives.
2023-10-06 15:38
Braves relief ace Jesse Chavez carried off field with scary knee injury
Braves relief ace Jesse Chavez carried off field with scary knee injury
Atlanta Braves pitcher Jesse Chavez had to be carried off the field after getting hit below the left knee on a comebacker by Miguel Cabrera on Wednesday.The Atlanta Braves entered Wednesday facing a doubleheader against the Detroit Tigers and looking to avoid a series loss. But in the sixth inni...
2023-06-15 03:24
Tunisia rejects European funds and says they fall short of a deal for migration and financial aid
Tunisia rejects European funds and says they fall short of a deal for migration and financial aid
Tunisia has announced it would reject an installment of funds sent by Europe to help the debt-ridden country patrol the Mediterranean Sea as migrant boat crossings spike to levels not seen in several years
2023-10-03 21:14
Manchester United agree deal with Inter Milan for goalkeeper Andre Onana
Manchester United agree deal with Inter Milan for goalkeeper Andre Onana
Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana is set to join Manchester United after a deal was struck with both player and club, the PA news agency understands. The 27-year-old shot-stopper has been top of Erik ten Hag’s wish list this summer as United replace long-serving David De Gea. United have now reached an agreement with Serie A side Inter to sign Onana for an initial 51m euros (£43.8m) with a potential further 4m euros (£3.4m) in add-ons. Personal terms are also understood to have been agreed with the goalkeeper, who is set to sign a five-year deal with the option of a further season. A medical is imminent but it remains to be seen whether the respective paperwork will be completed in time for Onana to be on Wednesday’s flight to the United States for their pre-season tour. The Cameroon international will become United’s second signing of the summer after bringing in Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount earlier in the month for an initial £55m. The goalkeeper should slot seamlessly into Ten Hag’s system thanks to his ability and confidence on the ball, which he used to great effect at Inter and prior to that under the Dutchman at Ajax. A new goalkeeper had not initially been a key priority for the United boss this summer, but towards the end of the campaign it was decided to pursue a new number one. Onana is now set to succeed De Gea after his recent departure on a free transfer, while speculation continues over the future of Dean Henderson and Tom Heaton. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live
2023-07-18 21:30
Chess.com gives verdict on Hikaru Nakamura cheating allegations
Chess.com gives verdict on Hikaru Nakamura cheating allegations
Chess.com has given an official verdict on the cheating allegations made against Hikaru Nakamura, after the grandmaster and streamer found himself at the centre of the biggest drama in the sport. In case you’ve not been following the story over the last week or two, Nakamura dismissed “garbage” claims that he had cheated recently after going on a 15-game winning streak. Grandmaster Vladimir Kramnik added fuel to the fire after the claims came to light on social media – and even though Kramnik later deleted the posts about Nakamura, he didn’t take it lightly at all. Now, Chess.com has waded in on the news story and completely absolved Nakamura. Addressing the claims, the site said in a statement: “In the case of the recent accusations against Hikaru Nakamura by Vladimir Kramnik, we can say that we have generated nearly 2,000 individual reports on Hikaru’s games in our Fair Play system and have found no incidents of cheating.” “Our team has done the math and various simulations of streaks for a player like Hikaru who has played more than 50,000 games. We have found that not only is a 45 game winning streak possible, it is in fact likely given the number of games played,” the site added. Not finished there, Chess.com went on to say that the claims “lack statistical merit” having consulted statisticians. However, cheating is far more prevalent on the platform than people might think. According to Chess.com, 50,000 accounts were banned for cheating on the platform in October alone. Sign up for our free Indy100 weekly newsletter How to join the indy100's free WhatsApp channel Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings
2023-11-30 19:12
'False positives': Colombian army apologises for killing civilians
'False positives': Colombian army apologises for killing civilians
More than 6,400 civilians were killed and falsely passed off as enemy combatants between 2002 and 2008.
2023-10-04 19:43
Splash of colour: the Tehran bazaar's pencil seller
Splash of colour: the Tehran bazaar's pencil seller
In a dimly lit corner of Tehran's Grand Bazaar, Mohammad Rafi is surrounded by all colours of the rainbow in his tiny shop that...
2023-05-25 15:22
Trump Supporters Brush Off Atlanta Indictment in Pre-Debate Poll
Trump Supporters Brush Off Atlanta Indictment in Pre-Debate Poll
Donald Trump’s lead over his Republican primary rivals widened in a poll conducted after his fourth indictment, showing
2023-08-21 01:02
Why did Sylvester Stallone and Jennifer Flavin call off their divorce? Star engages in PDA with wife during Italian getaway
Why did Sylvester Stallone and Jennifer Flavin call off their divorce? Star engages in PDA with wife during Italian getaway
An abatement order was filed in Florida in September 2022, a little more than a month after Jennifer Flavin initiated divorce proceedings
2023-07-16 15:18
Irish government orders review of RTÉ over Ryan Tubridy payments
Irish government orders review of RTÉ over Ryan Tubridy payments
The review will examine the culture and governance at Ireland's national broadcaster.
2023-06-25 01:45
Julia Fox hits back at criticism over her nearly nude look at New York Fashion Week: ‘It’s just my body’
Julia Fox hits back at criticism over her nearly nude look at New York Fashion Week: ‘It’s just my body’
Julia Fox has shared a candid response to the criticism over her latest look at New York Fashion Week. During an interview with Entertainment Tonight, published on 7 September, Fox, 33, addressed the backlash she faced over the outfit, which consisted of a chain bra with metal pasties and chain bottoms that she was wearing underneath a black trench coat. As she described some of the remarks that people made about her look, she also questioned why the outfit was an issue in the first place. “I got in trouble for that one,” she said. “There were a lot of haters, being like: ‘This is unacceptable. This is setting such a bad example.’ But, it’s like: ‘Why?’ It’s just my body.’” The Uncut Gems star continued to make quips about why online trolls were criticising her body. “Is my body, like, ugly? Is my body a crime?” she joked. “Did my body slap your grandma? The way that they were acting, it was like, What the heck!” She also spoke candidly about why she chooses the memorable outfits she wears when attending major events. “If people could see what I dress like in my day to day, it’s literally like boxers, stained, dirty T-shirts, Adidas slides. It’s not this,” she said. “That’s kind of why when I do get dressed up, I want to go all out because my real life is so unglamorous.” This isn’t the first time that Fox has made headlines with one of her outfits. In May 2022, she went viral when she was seen wearing a black and white bra-and-underwear set from Alexander Wang while at a supermarket. Although she didn’t have a top over the bra, she was wearing an oversized denim jacket, and a pair of calf-length denim boots. Amid the confusion over why she wore the outfit, Fox took to Instagram Stories to make some clarifications. Sharing a meme of herself, which read “when it’s laundry day but you have errands to run,” Fox said: “I just think that if it’s socially acceptable at the beach it should be the same everywhere lol.” Earlier this year, Fox also hit back at criticism over her appearance, with the actor shutting down rumours that she’s taking Ozempic, a Type 2 diabetes medication that has been used for weight loss. “All these people are coming for me saying that I take the weight loss things...people are saying that I’m taking Ozempic or whatever it’s called,” she told ET in March. “I’m not and I never have...I would never do that. There are diabetics that need it.” During her recent interview with ET, which took place at the Victoria’s Secret fashion show, Fox quipped that the semi-sheer dress and pair of black wings she was wearing was “pretty tame” look. However, she still poked fun at how she styled her long, black hair, adding: “We’re rocking a mullet today because I think Fashion Week is a mullet — it’s business in the front, party in the back.” She also expressed her excitement about walking the runway for Victoria Secret’s 2023 fashion show. “I’m really happy about it. I grew up wearing Victoria’s Secret and stealing the underwear and bras, but that’s the old me,” Fox said. “Now I get it for free! Still not paying, take notes.” Read More FASHION PHOTOS: Naomi Campbell struts the runway in shimmery silver in new fast fashion collab Julia Fox blasts celebrity use of Ozempic for weight loss: ‘There are diabetics that need it’ Irvine Welsh and Bernardine Evaristo on book festival line-up Pamela Anderson reveals why she plans to sell ‘all’ her old clothes Tabi Swiper: How a woman’s Tinder date committed a ‘sinister’ fashion crime 4 viral TikTok make-up trends you’ll actually want to try
2023-09-08 03:02
Michigan Democrats poised to test ambitious environmental goals in the industrial Midwest
Michigan Democrats poised to test ambitious environmental goals in the industrial Midwest
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is expected to sign a clean energy package soon that will require energy providers to transition to 100% carbon-free energy generation by 2040
2023-11-28 13:10