Apple AirPods Max Price Drop to $450, But for How Long?
In our review of Apple's high-end headphones, we sum them up as an "absolutely gorgeous
2023-06-14 00:19
Ukraine's Zelenskiy, Germany's Scholz seek to extend grain export deal
BERLIN Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskiy and German Chancellor Olaf Scholz called on Monday for the extension of a
2023-07-04 04:40
World Bank green lights $500 million loan to boost Costa Rica's budget
SAN JOSE The World Bank approved a new $500 million loan to Costa Rica aimed at strengthening support
2023-06-17 10:33
‘Superman: Legacy’: David Corenswet and Rachel Brosnahan to play Clark Kent and Lois Lane, fans say ‘perfect picks’
James Gunn arranged intense screen tests over the June 17 weekend, where David Corenswet and Rachel Brosnahan faced four others to secure the roles
2023-06-28 14:12
No. 12 Tennessee hosts Virginia at home away from home to open season
Tennessee wants to kick off coach Josh Heupel’s third season in strong fashion playing a 180 miles from Neyland Stadium
2023-09-01 01:30
Beckham brightens smile on Messi mural to welcome superstar signing to Miami
Inter Miami co-owner David Beckham has seemingly gone the extra mile to make new signing Lionel Messi feel welcome. Beckham’s wife Victoria posted a short video clip on social media of what appears to be her husband – the former Manchester United and England midfielder – on a cherry picker applying the finishing touches to a giant mural of Messi in the Wynwood neighbourhood of the city. Alongside the clip on Instagram the former Spice Girl wrote: “Is there nothing @davidbeckham can’t do?? “Only been in town a few days, he got straight to it!! Yes that is him whitening the teeth as we watch!!! X kisses from Miami!!! X @leomessi”. Argentinian Maximiliano Bagnasco is the artist behind the mural of his compatriot and World Cup winner, who announced his move to Major League Soccer last month as his contract with Paris St Germain came to an end. The 36-year-old had been strongly linked with Saudi Arabian club Al Hilal, a move which would have seen him playing in the same league as Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live
2023-07-10 04:08
OpenAI Altman Ouster Followed Debates Between Altman, Board
OpenAI’s firing of Sam Altman followed wide-ranging disagreements between the chief executive officer and his board — in
2023-11-18 11:31
Skai Jackson defends herself as she faces backlash for charging fans to enter Apple MacBook giveaway: 'I don't need money'
'I’m just letting you guys know I do not personally need money. Like I am very fine in my life, said Jackson
2023-07-10 19:29
'Did you have fun?': Guardiola and Pochettino revel in Premier classic
Pep Guardiola and Mauricio Pochettino saluted the "world's best league" after Cole Palmer's last-gasp penalty provided a dramatic climax to Chelsea's incredible 4-4 draw...
2023-11-13 04:09
'She's been cloned': Fans believe Britney Spears is ‘missing’ and replaced by AI after spotting eerie details in videos
In one video, fans noticed that Britney Spears' reflection was missing in the wall mirrors behind her as she danced inside her home gym
2023-05-19 11:15
Woman told exhaustion was just ‘A-level stress’ overcomes debilitating diagnosis
An 18-year-old was told her constant exhaustion was likely caused by depression and the stress of her A-levels – only to eventually be diagnosed with a debilitating chronic illness. Elizabeth Hope, from Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, experienced painful headaches and had begun falling asleep at 5pm every day while studying for her A-levels. “My mum would wake me for dinner and then I’d maybe do like an hour’s homework, which is absolutely not enough when you’re studying for your A-levels, and then fall asleep again,” the now-27-year-old recalls. When Hope said she needed to lie down during rehearsals for the school show and stopped going to cheerleading practice because she was too tired, her parents knew there was a serious problem. “To start off with, my parents thought ‘oh she just doesn’t want to go to school’,” she says. “But I started not being able to do the things that I enjoyed, so then we realised that something was very wrong.” She visited another doctor, who found Hope was experiencing myalgic encephalomyelitis, also known as chronic fatigue syndrome or ME, a long-term illness that affects the nervous and immune systems. People with ME can experience severe pain and fatigue, as well as a range of other symptoms, making everyday physical and mental tasks exhausting, according to the NHS. Hope was so exhausted that she struggled to leave the house without using a wheelchair. “I was literally stuck in my house,” she says. “We would maybe go out to one shop and then I would have to come home. Being able to use a wheelchair was amazing for me because I could go to two or three shops or go to the park and stuff like that.” A woman of 18 told by doctors that her constant exhaustion was likely depression and A-level exam stress, was diagnosed with a debilitating chronic illness which means she uses a wheelchair, but has overcome her adversity to become an award-winning wheelchair dancer and dancing instructor. “Struggling with loneliness,” she was “really unsure” when her mother suggested she attend a wheelchair dance class in Birmingham – but it turned out to be one of the best decisions she ever made. She learnt to manage her energy levels and “fell in love with dance”, and has since gone on to perform in her wheelchair at the 2022 Commonwealth Games opening ceremony and two cheerleading world championships. “I think for people with disabilities, it’s not like you can do whatever you want, because it’s not true, but you can do things in a different way,” she says. “But I love dancing and being able to share my passion with other people is just, yes, it’s really cool”. As a dancer, Hope was soon competing and joined another two dance groups, Sun Rae Inclusive Dance and Apt Dance Theatre. She went on to win the UK ParaDance National Championships with the group and came second in the solo contest after performing to Kylie Minogue’s 2018 song “Dancing”. She also found a cheerleading group and travelled to Florida in the US, where she went on to win the world championships in 2019, in the adaptive abilities category. In early 2022, Hope received a message from a friend suggesting that she apply for an assistant dance artist job with the national disability charity Sense. “They said you can apply with a cover letter and CV or via video,” she said. “So I basically made this video about how much I love dance.” To her surprise she was invited to attend a recruitment workshop. “I was like, that was fun, but I won’t get a job because all these people are way more qualified than me,” she said. “But then I got offered the job.” Hope was initially going to turn down the job because the working hours were more than she thought she could manage, but was told they would come up with a solution. She now teaches people with disabilities to dance, from non-verbal school groups to elderly people in care homes – including a 102-year-old. “It’s just about managing my energy and pain,” she says. “So for example, I rest a lot and only work one day a week. It’s just about pacing your activity more than anything else.” For more information on the accessible arts activities Sense offers, visit: sense.org.uk/our-services/arts-sports-activities-for-disabled-people/art-for-disabled-people/ Read More A$AP Rocky claims having a family with Rihanna is his ‘best’ collaboration Ashlyn Harris breaks silence on cheating rumours following Ali Krieger divorce I present my children on Instagram like a fairytale – I’m now rethinking A$AP Rocky claims having a family with Rihanna is his ‘best’ collaboration Ashlyn Harris breaks silence on cheating rumours following Ali Krieger divorce I present my children on Instagram like a fairytale – I’m now rethinking
2023-11-21 18:33
Darwin Nunez comes off bench to help Liverpool beat Bournemouth
Substitute Darwin Nunez fired Liverpool into the Carabao Cup quarter-finals with a stunning second-half winner in a 2-1 success over Bournemouth at a blustery Vitality Stadium. The in-form Uruguay forward had been on the pitch for just 10 minutes when he collected a pass from fellow replacement Trent Alexander-Arnold and unleashed a thunderous finish into the top right corner. Cody Gakpo gave Jurgen Klopp’s much-changed visitors a first-half lead before Justin Kluivert’s maiden Cherries goal levelled proceedings amid treacherous conditions caused by Storm Ciaran. Parity lasted just six minutes as Nunez’s third goal in as many games emphatically earned the nine-time winners a place in the last eight to ensure an entertaining fourth-round tie would not be settled by the jeopardy of a penalty shoot-out. Mohamed Salah was one of only three Liverpool players retained from the team which began Sunday’s 3-0 win over Nottingham Forest and captained an experimental line-up. Bournemouth, buoyed by beating Burnley 2-1 to register their first Premier League win under head coach Andoni Iraola, made just three changes and had the better of the early chances. The recalled Kluivert was twice denied by Reds goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher, while the unmarked Ryan Christie wastefully side-footed wide following Antoine Semenyo’s cut-back. Liverpool were dominating possession and should have taken the lead in the 27th minute when Harvey Elliott tamely fired straight at Cherries keeper Andrei Radu from level with the penalty spot. The lively midfielder made amends four minutes later with a key role in the opener. After Kostas Tsimikas’ corner was partially cleared, Elliott’s fizzing effort was back-heeled goalwards by Gakpo and then finished at the second attempt after Radu repelled the initial effort. Bournemouth boss Iraola said pre-match his side faced a “big challenge” but also had a “big chance” to reach the next round. In relentless driving rain, his team began the second period on the front foot and almost received a helping hand from the swirling wind as Alex Scott’s inswinging corner from the left was headed off the line by Joe Gomez at the back post. Salah nodded narrowly wide as Liverpool threatened to extend their lead before Semenyo sliced past the right post at the other end and substitute Marcus Tavernier tested Kelleher from distance. Bournemouth deservedly levelled in the 64th minute. Another Scott corner caused problems for the visitors’ static defence, leaving the unmarked Kluivert with a simple headed finish to claim his first goal in English football. The Cherries looked well-placed to push for a winner but were soon behind again. Nunez initially lost control of Alexander-Arnold’s sweeping pass but atoned in devastating fashion by cutting inside Chris Mepham from the left wing to thump high into the net from just inside the hosts’ 18-yard box. Bournemouth were given five minutes of added time to force spot-kicks but rarely threatened a second equaliser as Klopp’s men comfortably held on to progress. Read More Benoit Badiashile returns in style as Chelsea beat Blackburn in the Carabao Cup Everton earn fitting win at Goodison Park as Bill Kenwright is remembered Fulham ease into quarter-finals with win at Championship high-flyers Ipswich West Ham hammer Arsenal on Declan Rice’s return to reach quarter-finals James Harden joins LA Clippers from Philadelphia 76ers Eddie Jones: Marcus Smith is a very good player – but he is not a full-back
2023-11-02 05:54
You Might Like...
A Popular Quant Trade Misfiring on Wall Street Rallies Overseas
MLB Rumors: Mets trade plans for Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander revealed
Misfits Boxing Co-President confirms Logan Paul and Dillon Danis will be drug tested before fight: 'For everybody’s peace of mind'
Bebe Rexha shares black eye update after being hit in face by phone during concert
Ederson ready to bet Champions League glory on continuing to ‘play with personality’
California Launches Statewide Campaign to Decrease Missed School Days Due to Dental Problems
Super PAC supporting Tim Scott places $40 million ad reservation
Conservation groups sue over federal utility's plan to replace coal plant with gas
