
Trump co-defendant Rudy Giuliani pleads not guilty in Georgia case
Rudy Giuliani, Donald Trump's ex-lawyer, has waived his right to appear at an upcoming Georgia hearing.
2023-09-02 08:55

A Maryland woman's license plate helps her win a $50,000 lottery prize
The numbers on an Maryland woman's license plate led her to win a $50,000 lottery prize from a $1 ticket.
2023-09-17 15:14

Montana agencies issue mountain whitefish consumption advisory near Yellowstone River derailment site
State agencies are warning people not to eat mountain whitefish caught in the Yellowstone River in the area where a train carrying chemicals went off the tracks in June, according to the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks.
2023-08-14 03:03

Biden administration to announce new steps to protect the LGBTQ community Thursday ahead of White House Pride celebration
President Joe Biden will announce a slew of actions Thursday aimed at protecting the LGBTQ+ community ahead of hosting what White House Domestic Policy Advisor Neera Tanden called "the largest Pride celebration in White House history."
2023-06-08 18:01

Youtuber Adin Ross loses bet worth $10K to Kai Cenat over Ryan Garcia fight
Controversial Adin Ross, a Kick streamer, loses thousands of dollars in a bet against Kai Cenat, one of Twitch's most well-known broadcasters
1970-01-01 08:00

Jefferson Savarino linked with return to Brazil
Jefferson Savarino has been linked with a transfer away from Real Salt Lake in Major League Soccer and a return to his native Brazil.
2023-06-10 01:30

Courteney Cox remembers 'beautiful friend' Suzanne Somers, posts touching video of making burgers for her
Courteney Cox paid a heartfelt tribute to her late friend Suzanne Somers, sharing a touching throwback video of their time together
2023-10-17 18:51

Court artist defends ‘flattering’ Trump arraignment sketch
The artist behind a flattering courtroom sketch of Donald Trump has defended his controversial depiction of the former president. William J Hennessy Jr was one of three artists who drew Mr Trump, 77, during his arraignment in Miami on 13 June on 37 federal counts related to willful mishandling classified documents, obstruction of justice and making false statements. The sketch of a slimmed down, youthful-looking Mr Trump standing bolt upright provoked protests on social media for being overly generous to the defendant. “Is this William J Hennessy Jr’s audition to do Trumps official White House portrait?” quipped one person. “That last sketch of Trump looks almost exactly like the recent photo of his son Barron,” another tweeted. A third person commented that “they got Trump looking like ‘Prince of Tides’ Nick Nolte in this sketch.” Mr Hennessy told the Boston Globe he was bemused by the strong response, which he said had been about half positive and half critical. “It’s rare I get any kind of feedback,” Mr Hennessy told the news site. “Some said he looked too thin, too young, and some said he looked too good.” He told the Globe the court appearance had been “pretty stressful” to cover. Journalists reported waiting in line for 24 hours to get a seat in the courtroom. “I don’t editorialise,” he said. “I just draw what I see.” Other sketches during Mr Trump’s arraignment showed the 45th president hunched over with his arms folded and a scowl on his face. Mr Trump has pleaded not guilty to all the counts, and has denounced the investigation as a political “witch hunt”. When Mr Trump appeared for arraignment in New York in April on charges relating to falsifying business records around hush money payments during the 2016 presidential campaign, he told officers he weighed 240 pounds (109 kgs). Read More Trump news – live: Bill Barr slams Trump’s ‘absurd’ classified papers defence as ex-attorney quits CNN lawsuit Attorney General Garland keeps poker face as firestorm erupts after Trump charges Fox News quietly changes headline after White House accused network of lying about Pride flag Why aren’t more Republicans attacking Trump like Bill Barr? Trump news – live: Bill Barr slams Trump’s ‘absurd’ classified papers defence as ex-attorney quits CNN lawsuit
2023-06-20 09:27

Insider Q&A: An economist who sees a recession coming despite economy's resilience so far
For more than a year, the U.S. economy has defied predictions of a forthcoming recession
2023-07-31 21:23

Kansas is poised to boost legislators' pay by $28,000 in 2025, nearly doubling it
Kansas is poised to nearly double its lawmakers’ pay in 2025 in hopes of attracting more diverse members
2023-10-20 02:57

Lauren James speaks out after World Cup red card and promises to ‘learn’
Lauren James has promised to “learn” from her sending off at the Women’s World Cup - as the England star apologised to Nigeria’s Michelle Alozie for stamping on her back during the last-16 match. James was shown a straight red card after leaving her studs on Alozie’s back when the defender was on the ground, with the 21-year-old having grown frustrated as Nigeria marked her out of the game. The forward will be suspended for at least the quarter-finals, with England facing Colombia on Saturday after defeating Nigeria on penalties, but a Fifa disciplinary panel could decide that the act merits further punishment. Alozie had tweeted “all respect to Lauren James” earlier on Tuesday after appearing to forgive the England player for the incident, adding “we are playing on the world’s stage, this game is one of passion, insurmountable emotions, and moments”. James replied to Alozie’s post and said: “All my love and respect to you. I am sorry for what happened. Also, for our England fans and my team-mates, playing with and for you is my greatest honour and I promise to learn from my experience.” James has been England’s player of the World Cup but was left frustrated after Nigeria marked her out of the game and lashed out, with manager Sarina Wiegman admitting she “lost her emotions”. Wiegman chose not to criticise James and said: “She’s an inexperienced player on this stage and has done really well, and I think in a split second she just lost her emotions. “And of course she doesn’t want to hurt anyone. She’s the sweetest person I know, and things happen like that and you can’t change it anymore, so it’s a huge lesson for her to learn, but of course it’s not something that she really did on purpose.” England defender Lucy Bronze said James was “upset” as the Chelsea star waits for the disciplinary panel’s verdict, which may not come until after England’s quarter-final on Saturday. “Obviously she’s going to be disappointed in herself,” Bronze said. “I went straight off the pitch after the game to make sure she was OK. Obviously she was a little bit upset and rightfully so and more than anything she just feels bad for the team. I said to her, ‘We’ve made it through. It’s a team, it’s not just one player.’” After receiving a red card, James is automatically suspended for England’s next match against Colombia, however her punishment will be reviewed by a Fifa disciplinary panel. If the forward is deemed to have committed a serious act of foul play, the panel have the power to apply further sanctions. A three-match ban would see James ruled out for the rest of the tournament if England were to reach their first-ever Women’s World Cup final. A decision might not be made until after England’s quarter-final, however, once James serves her automatic one-match ban. Nigeria’s Deborah Abiodun was given a three-match ban after she was sent off for a dangerous tackle on Canada’s Ashley Lawrence in the group stage, but her ban was not increased until after she had served the first game. Read More It’s done – Millie Bright says England have moved on from Lauren James red card Lauren James ‘lost her emotions for a split second’ over red card stamp, Wiegman says Lauren James ‘upset’ as red card puts her World Cup in doubt Why Lauren James must be protected, not vilified, after World Cup red Who and when do England play next? Lionesses route to the World Cup final
2023-08-08 19:49

Pakistan launches anti-polio vaccine drive targeting 44M children amid tight security
Pakistan has launched its second nationwide anti-polio campaign of the year Monday in an effort to inoculate 44 million children under the age of 5
2023-10-02 18:30
You Might Like...

Barcelona leading Chelsea in race to sign Corinthians midfielder Gabriel Moscardo

Carli Lloyd Put USWNT on Blast For Celebration After Portugal Draw

Olympic champion Canada beats Ireland 2-1 at Women's World Cup

Kim Kardashian wants Kanye West to be his best version for their children: 'I want my kids to see a healthy dad'

Mauricio Pochettino agrees Chelsea terms and plots summer transfers

Bristol baker helping Ukrainians find a new life in safety

(No) Baby On Board: This Airline Is Banning Kids From Adults-Only Seating Areas

5 free agents the Giants must sign to win the 2024 World Series