The Ravens' season-opening victory over the Texans came at quite a cost
Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh says safety Marcus Williams could be out a while with a pectoral problem
2023-09-12 06:32
Bright Angel Trail death: Arizona man, 65, dies while attempting 18-mile roundtrip in Grand Canyon National Park
James Handschy's death joins the unfortunate tally of ten fatalities in the Grand Canyon this year, with four being linked to hiking
2023-11-20 14:49
Google removes 'Slavery Simulator' game amid outrage in Brazil
The app, which allowed players to "buy and sell" black characters, was launched last month.
2023-05-26 04:45
UK economy grows sluggishly in 1st quarter as double-digit inflation curbs consumers spending
The U.K. economy grew sluggishly during the first three months of the year as double-digit inflation curbed consumer spending and labor unrest curtailed output in industries ranging from transportation to healthcare and education
1970-01-01 08:00
NH Gov. Sununu: staying out of 2024 race so Republicans can beat Trump
By Jasper Ward WASHINGTON New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu said on Monday he would not join the crowded
2023-06-06 01:07
Shohei Ohtani leaves the mound abruptly in 2nd inning after 26 pitches for the Angels
Shohei Ohtani left the mound for the Los Angeles Angels in the middle of an at-bat during the second inning
2023-08-24 04:52
‘There is no magic wand’ says Wolves boss after Carabao Cup exit at Ipswich
Gary O’Neil painted a bleak picture of the situation at Wolves and admitted “no magic wand” will fix their problems after a 3-2 loss at Ipswich in the Carabao Cup third round. Wolves slumped to a fifth defeat in eight matches under the former Bournemouth manager, who only took over on August 9 following the departure of Julen Lopetegui by mutual consent. O’Neil made 10 changes for the Portman Road clash and despite taking a 2-0 lead via goals by Hwang Hee-chan and Toti, the Premier League outfit were on the end of an upset after Championship high-flyers Ipswich responded through Omari Hutchinson, Freddie Ladapo and Jack Taylor. We are six weeks into a process and there is no magic wand Gary O'Neil Asked for a message to disgruntled Wolves supporters, O’Neil insisted: “To stick with the group. “We are six weeks into a process and there is no magic wand. I can guarantee you when I arrived the place was not running perfectly and ready to go into a Premier League season. “There are a lot of things that need fixing and of course I am willing to take responsibility, but the facts are you need some time to put things in place. That does not look like a team that I have worked with for very long at this moment, which it isn’t. “Do I accept that we need to get results? Of course. Do I want the fans to enjoy every game we play and come away and support the players? Of course and we will work tirelessly to make sure we get it there and we will get it there. “But there is no transfer window. The transfer window is closed and we are together as we are and need to get the maximum out of the group. “We’ve named a strong team with 11 players that should be capable of winning here and we don’t, so it is my responsibility to make sure we get some more out of them.” Life does not get any easier for Wolves with Manchester City set to visit on Saturday and it will be a return to Molineux for Matheus Nunes, who left in a £53million deal last month. O’Neil pointed out the club’s net spend this summer when asked to reflect on the issues at the Black Country outfit. “I think when I arrived the culture of the club needed a shift and some of it needs to move towards more togetherness,” O’Neil admitted. “Yeah, there is a big list of things that need fixing. Of course I understand it is my responsibility and people will say, ‘they did fine last year,’ but the truth is they got 41 points and we made an £80million profit on players in the summer. “So, we’re £80million short of where we were and last year we got 41 points. “We need to move it from that in a more difficult situation now than the club was then player-wise, so that’s the facts of the job. I think when I arrived the culture of the club needed a shift and some of it needs to move towards more togetherness Gary O'Neil “I understood that when I took the job, I understand it now and every weekend is not going to be rosy. We’re going to suffer some tough weekends and we’ll need to crack on and go again.” While Wolves were left to reflect on a sorry defeat, Ipswich’s highly-rated manager Kieran McKenna toasted his own first win against top-flight opposition. After Hwang and Toti netted within 15 minutes, the Championship’s second-placed club continued their terrific form with three unanswered goals. Chelsea loanee Hutchinson started the comeback with a right-footed effort from eight-yards before Ladapo fired home inside the area before half-time. Taylor completed the turnaround with a 25-yard thunderbolt and the 58th-minute strike sent Ipswich into the fourth round of the competition for the first time since 2010. “We need to enjoy tonight because it is the first time we’ve had a Premier League team here in quite a few years,” McKenna acknowledged. “It is 11 years since we beat a Premier League team so a good night for progress and the regrowth of this football club again, but it is a cup game. “The result tonight does not win us anything but it is really significant as a marker point for the development of the squad, so we’ll take it as that and enjoy it for a sign of progress.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live ‘We gifted them two goals’ says Millie Bright after England lose to Netherlands Manchester City hit by travel headache ahead of hectic fortnight Rob Edwards rues Luton’s lack of attacking quality after Carabao Cup exit
2023-09-27 06:30
Nottingham Forest vs Sheffield United LIVE: Premier League team news, line-ups and more
The 2023/24 Premier League season is under way and you can follow every game and every goal right here with The Independent. This year sees Manchester City try to defend their crown and claim a historic fourth title in succession. Pep Guardiola’s all-conquering City, who also won the Champions League and FA Cup last season, will have to see off Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and the rest to claim an unprecedented sixth league title in seven years. Meanwhile Luton Town are making their first appearance in the Premier League, having risen from non-league in an incredible decade of progress. They followed Championship winners Burnley and second-placed Sheffield United in earning promotion to the top flight. Follow the latest action from the Premier League below.
2023-08-19 00:45
'No hesitation' as Biles prepares for return
Four-time Olympic gold medal gymnast Simone Biles geared up for her highly anticipated return to competition with an impressive practice session ahead of Saturday's US Classic -- her...
2023-08-05 05:14
Millionaire banker exposes 'cheating' fiancee in explosive wedding speech
A lavish Italian wedding took a turn for the worst after the millionaire groom exposed his cheating bride during his speech. A clip from the wedding mortified thousands of viewers since being shared online, along with the 150 guests at the ceremony itself. "I want to give Cristina the freedom to love," Massimo Segre, 64, said at his Turin mansion. "Specifically, to love another person; a notable lawyer, who she clearly cares about more than me." He then went on to read a letter dedicated to his bride Cristina Seymandi, 47. "Dear Cristina, I know how much you are in love with him mentally and sexually," he said. "And I know that before him you had a relationship with an industrialist acquaintance." Seymandi awkwardly looks at the wedding guests while her partner reportedly proceeds to share a series of snaps of her with the alleged other man. "Don't think it pleases me to look like a cuckold in front of all of you," he said. "Cristina is so good at telling her truths, that I couldn't leave her alone to narrate the reason why I'm ending [our] life together tonight." "It's a banal story of infidelity, even premarital. I am so disappointed," he continues. "I am heartbroken." Segre wishes his assumingly now-ex partner well, before encouraging her to enjoy the Mykonos trip with him. Seymandi has since opened up about the incident with Italian newspaper Il Corriere della Sera. "When he started talking, I thought it was a joke. Then I was petrified. It was an act of abhorrent violence," she said. "Not to mention the comments on social networks with obscene words and phrases. If the same thing had happened but with the roles reversed, the reactions would have been very different. But I am a woman, and in this world, that makes a big difference." Seymandi's advisor also suggested that legal action could take place. "Very probably Seymandi will be taking legal action for reputational damage," Luca Poma told The Times. "She has suffered very serious attacks on social media and threats from Italian citizens. It has been traumatic." Sign up for our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-08-22 17:05
Valorant Gaia's Vengeance 2.0 Skins: Price, Release Date
The Valorant Gaia's Vengeance 2.0 skins will be released on Wednesday, Oct. 4 with skins for the Phantom, Ares, Bucky, Shorty, and a new Melee.
2023-10-03 00:44
Hackers ’emptied’ victims’ accounts and tried to blackmail GTA maker, court told
A hacking gang stole victims’ savings and tried to blackmail major companies including the maker of the best-selling Grand Theft Auto videogames, prosecutors claim. Arion Kurtaj, 18, and a 17-year-old who cannot be named for legal reasons are accused of being “key players” in the LapsusS hacking group, a trial at Southwark Crown Court in London has heard. The duo, aided by unknown associates, are alleged to have hacked the servers and data files of broadband provider BT and mobile operator EE before demanding a four million dollar ransom on August 1 2021. Kurtaj is further accused of targeting transport giant Uber, financial technology firm Revolut and Rockstar Games, developer of the Grand Theft Auto series, in quick succession in September 2022, the court has heard. It’s perfectly plain from the evidence that those involved in the attacks were totally serious in this endeavour of hacking companies and stealing valuable data from those companies with the intention of profiting from that, sometimes on a huge scale, whether by blackmail or fraud Prosecutor Kevin Barry He allegedly tried to blackmail Rockstar Games by threatening to “leak the stolen source code for the Grand Theft Auto sequel onto internet forums”, the indictment states. Kurtaj and the youth are also accused of hacking software company Nvidia in February 2022 before threatening to “release Nvidia Corporation’s intellectual property on to the web” if it did not pay them. In a closing speech to the jury on Monday, prosecutor Kevin Barry said: “The victims in this case, and they undoubtedly were victims, they were members of the public who suffered the SIM swap frauds and losses as a result of that. “There were also big corporations who were targeted and attacked. “It hasn’t been suggested by anyone that any of these attacks were just individuals out for larks and laughs. “It’s perfectly plain from the evidence that those involved in the attacks were totally serious in this endeavour of hacking companies and stealing valuable data from those companies with the intention of profiting from that, sometimes on a huge scale, whether by blackmail or fraud.” He said the jury has heard evidence from members of the public who had their data stolen during the BT/EE hack. “They found their lives, some of them, turned upside down with accounts accessed and emptied of savings,” he said. He said one man’s account on Coinbase, a cryptocurrency exchange platform, had £38,000 taken from it. Mr Barry said “major corporations” were also targeted by the hacking gang and “enormous disruption and costs were suffered by them” as a result. He added: “Make no mistake, in this case, members of the jury, that losses experienced by these companies were real, they were a direct consequence of the defendants’ actions and those of their associates.” He added: “Any loss they suffered through activity like this will ultimately be passed on to their customers, people like us.” He told jurors “each of the defendants has previous convictions for committing computer-enabled offences in the recent past”. Psychiatrists have assessed Kurtaj as unfit to stand trial so the jury must decide whether he committed the acts alleged against him. Kurtaj is charged with 12 offences, including six counts under the Computer Misuse Act, three counts of blackmail and two counts of fraud. The youth is charged with two counts of blackmail, two counts of fraud and three counts under the Computer Misuse Act, relating to the BT/EE and Nvidia allegations. He previously pleaded guilty to one offence under the Computer Misuse Act and one count of fraud. The prosecutor is due to finish his speech on Tuesday.
2023-08-15 01:31
You Might Like...
Crystal Palace set Cheick Doucoure asking price amid Liverpool, PSG & Atletico Madrid interest
Angels playoff hopes go from bad to worse with latest injury update
US puts sanctions on 21 people, entities for aiding Iran
Tesla rolls out global customer referral program as EV price war heats up
Retiring Miguel Cabrera to become special assistant to Tigers president Scott Harris
Tristan Tate ridicules DailyMail saying, 'nobody takes you seriously', fans call them 'absolute clowns'
In San Francisco, African Americans' calls for reparations surge
Judge enters default judgment against Giuliani in defamation lawsuit from Georgia election workers
