NYT Connections today: See hints and answers for October 26
Connections is the latest New York Times word game that's captured the public's attention. The
2023-10-26 10:00
Dalio says China-US relations are 'on the brink of red lines'
By Carolina Mandl GREENWICH, Connecticut Ray Dalio, founder of hedge fund Bridgewater Associates, said on Tuesday that the
2023-10-04 00:42
'Tony' Yasumura reveals all about his not-naked shtick and its origins in Japanese comedy
The shtick that’s gone viral features a soccer player, a Spice Girl, James Bond, you name it, appearing to be naked
2023-05-29 18:44
Russia-Ukraine war – live: Putin ‘buying time’ to strike back at Wagner chief Prigozhin, says US
Russian president Vladimir Putin is the “ultimate apostle of payback” and is buying time to strike back against Wagner Group chief Yevgeny Prighozin, CIA director William Burns said. The Wagner mutiny last month was one of the toughest challenges to the Kremlin in decades and exposed “some of the significant weaknesses in a system that Putin has built”, Mr Burns said. “Putin is someone who generally thinks that revenge is a dish best served cold,” he said at the Aspen Security Forum 2023. “In my experience, Putin is the ultimate apostle of payback so I would be surprised if Prigozhin escapes further retribution. “If I were Prigozhin, I wouldn’t fire my food taster.” Meanwhile, the US has hit nearly 120 people and entities with new Russia-related sanctions, designed to block its access to electronics and battlefield supplies. Russia‘s embassy in Washington denounced the sanctions as part of “endless attacks” by Joe Biden’s administration “in the context of the hybrid war unleashed by the West against our country”. Elsewhere, US-supplied cluster munitions are in the Ukrainian military’s hands and are being deployed, John Kirby said. Read More Aftermath of Russian missile attack on Odesa captured in bodycam footage Russians against Ukraine war should spy for the UK, MI6 boss says In Ukraine, a family's ordeal to identify and honor a veteran killed in Bucha ends after 16 months South African leader says that arresting Putin if he comes to Johannesburg next month would be 'war'
2023-07-21 12:02
Italian influencer, 19, could be the country's first Gen Z Queen
A 19-year-old Italian model and influencer could be the country's next Queen. Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy – also known as the Prince of Venice – said he will soon pass the baton to his daughter, Princess Vittoria of Savoy, as he's sure "she will do better than me." While speaking to the Daily Telegraph, he said: "It won’t be tomorrow or in one year, but when she is ready. It’s important that the younger generation have a chance to put new, modern ideas into practice." He went on to suggest that the younger generation is "much more conscious" about the world and its challenges. "It is important that she doesn’t become the heir at too late a stage in her life," he said of Vittoria, who shouldn't have to wait too long to become Queen. Filiberto candidly declared mentioned King Charles III, saying while he "is a wonderful King," it "would have been helpful" if he had been sovereign 20 years back. Sign up for our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Vittoria – full name Princess Vittoria Cristina Adelaide Chiara Maria di Savoia – currently lives in London where she studies art history and political science. She is said to split her time between Paris and Geneva and dabbles with modelling outside of her studies, being signed to Parisian model agency, Karin. Her Instagram page has racked up over a healthy 80,000 followers. Here, Vittoria shares photos from her shoots, including a front cover for French Vanity Fair. Vittoria's future reign was made possible when the Salic Law – which meant the Savoy line could only be given to male heirs – was revoked. In 2020, the Prince of Venice announced that he was breaking this Salic Law of Succession. Slay. Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-06-08 16:22
Argentina picks Carreras ahead of Sanchez at flyhalf for decisive Rugby World Cup game against Japan
Argentina has picked Santiago Carreras ahead of Nicolas Sanchez at flyhalf for the decisive Rugby World Cup match against Japan
2023-10-06 18:52
'My wife wanted to let the world know': Sebastian Maniscalco reveals he has a butt double in 'About My Father'
'She’s like, 'Just let everybody know that’s not your a**. Apparently, that guy’s a** doesn’t look my mine,' said Sebastian Maniscalco
2023-05-30 05:23
When are the Premier League fixtures released?
The dust has barely settled on the last Premier League campaign but already attention turns to next season with the 2023/24 fixtures set to be released. For a long time it appeared like 2022/23 might just be Arsenal’s season, but Mikel Arteta’s young side were unable to hold off the fast finishing Manchester City, who secured a third successive crown as part of their treble of major trophies. The pair again shape as two of the leading contenders for the crown, though Liverpool and Chelsea will both be looking to bounce back from disappointing campaigns, while Manchester United and Newcastle will hope to further develop into true challengers. The fixture release will also be an exciting time for Burnley, Sheffield United and, particularly, Luton as the three clubs promoted from the Championship find out their top flight fate. Here’s everything you need to know. When are the Premier League fixtures released? The fixtures for the 2023/24 Premier League season will be released at 9am BST on Thursday 15 June. All 380 fixtures will be confirmed at once. What is the schedule for the 2023/24 season? The last three Premier League seasons have been disrupted, first by the Covid-19 pandemic and then by last year’s World Cup in Qatar. The 2023/24 campaign sees a return to a conventional schedule, though does include a midseason break between 13 and 20 January. The season will begin on Saturday 12 August 2023 and is due to finish on Sunday 19 May 2024. The 2023/24 season will consist of: 34 weekends three midweek rounds one Bank Holiday match round Which teams will play in the Premier League next season? Championship winners Burnley lead the three clubs elevated from the second tier into the top flight, with Vincent Kompany’s side joined in making an automatic return to the Premier League by Sheffield United. Making their Premier League debut will be Luton, who came through a tense play-off final against Coventry City, and return to the top flight for the first time since 1992. The 20 competing teams in the 2023/24 Premier League will be: Manchester City Arsenal Newcastle Manchester United Liverpool Brighton Aston Villa Tottenham Brentford Fulham Crystal Palace Chelsea Wolves West Ham Bournemouth Nottingham Forest Everton Burnley Sheffield United Luton Read More Is this the Manchester City era? Why European dominance is far from certain James Ward-Prowse, James Maddison and 12 Premier League transfer targets after relegation Pep’s future and Premier League charges – Where next for Man City after treble? Kylian Mbappe alerts Premier League clubs with surprise announcement about his future Jack Grealish revels as Manchester City parade treble Manchester City’s trophy parade in pictures
2023-06-13 14:50
Kippo Review
Video games are more popular than ever, but having a deep affinity for the medium
2023-06-20 22:55
Adnan Syed asks Maryland Supreme Court to review lower court's ruling that reversed his vacated murder conviction
Adnan Syed, the man who spent more than two decades behind bars for the 1999 killing of ex-girlfriend Hae Min Lee, asked the Maryland Supreme Court on Wednesday to review a lower court's decision that reversed his vacated conviction, according to court documents.
2023-05-25 06:41
Four years after fire engulfed California scuba dive boat killing 34 people, captain's trial begins
Federal prosecutors are seeking justice for 34 people killed in a fire aboard a scuba dive boat called the Conception in 2019
2023-10-24 15:01
South Korea to conduct satellite launch as North Korea pushes to fire its 1st military spy satellite
South Korea is about to conduct its first commercial-grade satellite launch as rival North Korea is pushing to place its first military spy satellite into orbit
2023-05-24 13:34
You Might Like...
Reggie Fils-Aimé Responds to Nintendo Contract Worker Complaints
Gymnastics racism apology delay a 'real shame' - Irish PM
Mar-a-Lago property manager scheduled to appear in court in classified documents case
Kai Cenat and IShowSpeed's Rumble show premieres with a special guest dropping in for first episode
Stay cool this summer with $41 off the Ionchill Quick Cube countertop ice maker
Beyond Meat Wannabes Are Failing as Hype and Money Fade
The UK Is at Least Half a Decade From Making 1 Million Cars Again
EU trade chief seeks more balanced economic ties on China visit
