
S.Africa skirts recession with surprise first quarter growth
South Africa's economy grew slightly in the first three months of the year, shooing away fears of recession hanging over Africa's most industrialised...
2023-06-06 18:47

Vietnamese EV Maker VinFast Surges in Nasdaq Trading Debut
VinFast Auto Ltd. soared in its first day of trading as the Vietnamese electric-vehicle maker looks to raise
2023-08-16 04:36

West Virginia gets potential breather against Duquesne after Penn State blowout loss
West Virginia has a rugged September schedule
2023-09-07 18:10

How we got here: 3 Dodgers weaknesses that were exposed this postseason
The Los Angeles Dodgers were just swept by the Arizona Diamondbacks. Here were three weaknesses that were exploited, and what the team now faces in an important offseason.
2023-10-12 13:32

Locals horrified to discover three crocodiles living in a crack in the pavement
Three huge crocodiles have been found living underground in horrifying scenes. The first snapping croc was pulled out by catchers, but as they tried to bring the huge reptile under control a second slithered out of the concrete. A third crocodile is then seen disguised hiding under the cracked ground as well. Locals in India first heard a strange noise and the crack turned out to be huge crocs. Sign up for our free Indy100 weekly newsletter In a video shared online, men in red suits and boots can be seen capturing the first crocodile, with a rope around its neck. As the animal makes its way further out of the rubble and underground, another croc jumps out from underneath it. The third crocodile can be seen slightly under the rubble, just showing the top of his back but not moving. The person filming then jumps off the ground as the smaller crocodile runs beneath them. The clip, shared on (@mksinfo.official), has gained 903,000 views as well as 46,400 likes and thousands of comments. It comes after a 29-year-old footballer was eaten alive by a crocodile in Rio Cañas, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica. Jesus Alberto Lopez Ortiz, nicknamed ‘Chucho’ was taking a dip in the river to cool off when the horrific ordeal took place. A statement shared on the team's Facebook page said: "Good morning, people of Rio Cañas, neighbors, we hereby inform you that a sinpe number has been enabled to be able to help the family of Jesus Lopez 'Chucho' for what unfortunate has happened today, who wishes to collaborate please make your help at 71087722 in the name of Luis Carlos Montes, also if your aid is physical, whether it is groceries or some other type of help, you can go leave it at the house of Don Daniel Serrano, Doña Tica will be receiving every help that comes out of her heart. "Thank you so much in advance. God bless you." Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-08-11 18:45

WhatsApp debuts one-to-many broadcasting 'Channels'
WhatsApp on Thursday began letting select organizations try a new feature called "Channels" that lets them broadcast to followers on...
2023-06-08 15:05

Russia admits Ukrainian troops crossed Dnipro river but says ‘fiery hell’ awaits them
Russia has admitted to losing occupied territory on the eastern bank of the Dnipro river in a significant victory for Ukraine, but has warned “a fiery hell” awaited Kyiv’s troops. War-time president Volodymyr Zelensky’s chief of staff had earlier said Kyiv had “gained a foothold” in the Kherson region “against all odds”, in a fresh blow to Vladimir Putin’s troops, who have been facing a gradual counteroffensive since the spring. A Ukrainian breakthrough across the Dnipro could open up a new line to attack Crimea, which Russia illegally annexed in 2014. Ukraine’s forces have crossed the river, said Vladimir Saldo, the Russian-installed governor of Kherson under Moscow’s control. He, however, said Ukrainian troops were taking heavy losses as more of Mr Putin’s soldiers were being poured into the battlefield to stop Kyiv’s advance. Mr Saldo said Ukrainian forces were seen operating in small groups spread over a distance of around 20km, covering an area from a railway bridge to the village of Krynky. “Our additional forces have now been brought in,” he said. “The enemy is trapped in Krynky and a fiery hell has been arranged for him: bombs, rockets, heavy flamethrower systems, artillery shells and drones.” Mr Saldo, citing Russia’s “Dnepr” military grouping, said Ukrainian troops were pinned down in basements during the day. Kyiv said its troops were moving forward to push Russian forces back from the eastern bank of the river. The frontline is “fairly fluid”, said Natalia Humeniuk, spokesperson for Ukraine’s southern military command. She said Kyiv’s forces had been putting pressure on Russian troops. “The pushback from our side is taking place on a line from 3-8km along the entire bank from the water’s edge,” she said. “For now, we will ask for informational silence ... which would allow us to report later on great successes.” Both the accounts could not be immediately verified. Kyiv has frequently resorted to informational clampdown on its military moves along the 1,000km long frontline and asked spectators to await news of breakthroughs. Kyiv’s counteroffensive that was launched months ago has yielded incremental results. Moscow has maintained a consistent silence on the number of casualties its troops have faced during the war. The growing area of contested control on the eastern bank of the Dnipro “significantly reduces the mobility and capability of the Russian occupiers”, military expert Oleksandr Kovalenko said. Mr Zelensky’s chief of staff Andriy Yermak had, in remarks published on Tuesday, said Kyiv’s counteroffensive was “developing”. He also said Ukraine knew “how to achieve victory”. In the eastern theatre of the war, Ukrainian officials said the city of Avdiivka was “being wiped out” because of a month of continuous Russian bombardment. The pre-war population there of 32,000 people has come down to fewer than 1,500 residents. The Institute for the Study of War cited Russian sources on unconfirmed claims that Russian forces continued advancing around Avdiivka on Wednesday. “A Russian milblogger claimed that Russian forces pushed Ukrainian forces from their positions near the waste heap north of Avdiivka and that Russian forces seized at least 60 per cent of the industrial area south of Avdiivka,” said the US-based think-tank that is monitoring the war. It cited a Russian source as saying that the Ukrainian forces counterattacked in the Avdiivka direction on Wednesday, but did not advance. Read More Major breakthrough for Ukraine but troops face ‘hell fire’ - latest updates U.N. Security Council schedules a vote on a resolution urging humanitarian pauses, corridors in Gaza EU moves closer to imposing a new set of sanctions on Russia for its war on Ukraine Ukraine troops pressuring Putin’s forces along Dnipro River NATO to buy more ‘eyes in the sky’ planes to monitor Putin’s war on Ukraine Bombs and betrayal: Plight of one Ukraine village highlights toll of Russian invasion
2023-11-16 13:23

Arrest in Gilgo Beach killings isn't end of investigation, police say. Other deaths remain unsolved
Detectives investigating the long-unsolved murders known as the Gilgo Beach killings have searched a storage facility in the Long Island community of Amityville over the weekend
2023-07-18 05:34

Ireland risking front-liners against Tonga before Springboks showdown in Rugby World Cup
Tonga has dropped its captain and most experienced player — Sonatane Takulua — for its Rugby World Cup opening match against top-ranked Ireland on Saturday in Nantes
2023-09-15 02:19

'Things are not going my way': Amy Schneider suffers 4th straight loss on 'Jeopardy!' Masters as she inches closer to elimination
Amy Schneider, the first transgender person to qualify for the Tournament of Champions, could get booted if she doesn't change strategy
2023-05-16 13:04

Blundstone x L.L.Bean’s Boot Collab Will Get You Hiking This Fall
If you are counting down the days until the leaves start turning brown to get started on the fall foliage hikes and apple picking, Blundstone and L.L.Bean have the collaboration for you. On Tuesday, the Tasmanian brand beloved for its outdoors-focused footwear and the Maine-based label known for its Boat and Tote (and in more recent years, the “ironic” versions of it) have partnered to release the ultimate hiking boot.
2023-08-29 21:13

5 St. Louis Cardinals not named Oli Marmol who won't be back
The 2024 edition of the St. Louis Cardinals promises to be different. Who should fans expect not to see in the Birds on the Bat next year?
2023-10-04 21:06
You Might Like...

Economists Boost US Growth Projections, Reduce Recession Odds

East Hampshire: Eight homes bought for refugees fleeing conflict

Why America's strike wave is barely registering on Wall Street

Surging Broncos face Browns without suspended safety Kareem Jackson

Concerns Monaco GP could be ‘left behind’ as Max Verstappen wins ‘boring race’

Varane says players ignored over 'dangerous' added time rules

Alibaba's U-turn on cloud unit spin-off lops $20 billion off its market value

Wells Fargo hires Credit Suisse veteran as head of financial sponsors