
Temu-Owner PDD Soars 12% After Sales Defy Chinese Gloom
PDD Holdings Inc. revenue rose a stronger-than-expected 66% after the company behind hit shopping app Temu spent to
2023-08-29 20:52

Intelinair Announces Collaboration with Hubner Industries, LLC to Develop Innovative Digital Platform to Manage Seed Corn Production
INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 29, 2023--
2023-11-29 21:03

Maersk Cuts Forecast for Global Trade as Destocking Lasts Longer
A.P. Moller-Maersk A/S, a bellwether for the world economy, lowered its estimate for global container trade, saying there
2023-08-04 14:22

Tristan Tate and Darren Till openly diss Ibiza as party destination: 'I'd rather sniff Susan Boyle’s a**hole'
When Daren Till expressed his thoughts on the party destination Ibiza, Tritan Tate chimed in with his own opinions
2023-06-17 16:07

Yury Garavsky: Belarus ‘hit man’ to stand trial in Switzerland over high-profile killings
A Belarusian “hit man” who served with the country’s special forces and is accused of the forced disappearance of three high-profile opposition figures will finally stand trial in Switzerland – 24 years after the three vanished. Yury Garavsky, 44, was arrested following a confession in which he said he was involved with a group linked to the kidnapping and presumed killings of adversaries of Belarus’s current president Alexander Lukashenko. In 2019, Garavsky gave testimony to German public broadcaster Deutsche Welle about his part in the 1999 killings of three of president Lukashenko’s political opponents. He was working for the interior ministry’s SOBR special forces unit then. He even claimed he was present during the executions of former interior minister Yury Zakharenko, opposition politician Viktor Gonchar and pro-opposition businessman Anatoly Krasovsky. Now a Swiss court will determine the veracity of his claims. Zakharenko had vanished in May 1999. In September that year, Gonchar and his friend Krasovsky were abducted. Families of the three have been waiting for the trial to start to begin. Garavsky, who sought asylum in Switzerland in 2018 after fleeing Belarus capital Minsk, pointed out in his interview earlier that his superior Dmitry Pavlichenko shot the three victims in the chest. Mr Pavlichenko, however, has denied the allegations. The BBC reported that daughters of the two abducted men, both of whom left Belarus shortly after their fathers’ kidnappings, are set to appear in court this week. Both said the trial in the city of St Gallen will provide them with some solace. Garavsky is facing trial in Switzerland, where he was arrested, due to the country’s adherence to a UN convention against forced disappearance. He had said during the 2019 interview with DW that the actual orders to abduct the politicians were not written. “There was never anything written or any video confirmation. Everything was ordered verbally – I guess based on the wishes of President Lukashenko.” “I feel repentant and guilty. I feel that if these people remained alive, things would be different in Belarus,” he said. “Their bodies have probably decomposed, but the bones should be there.” Read More Poland imposes EU ban on all Russian-registered passenger cars Kim Jong-un shown Russia’s nuclear capable bombers and hypersonic missiles Ukraine is the spotlight at UN leaders' gathering, but is there room for other global priorities? North Korean leader to visit Russia's Pacific fleet as he continues trip focused on arms cooperation Putin meets the leader of Belarus, who suggests joining Russia's move to boost ties with North Korea Lithuania to issue special passports to Belarus citizens staying legally in the Baltic country
2023-09-19 13:44

Futures climb on bets of end to Fed's rate hikes
Wall Street futures on Thursday got a boost from hopes that the Federal Reserve had reached the end
2023-11-02 17:51

Brits pay more for wine when trying to impress guests, survey finds
Wine drinkers typically spend £9 on a bottle for themselves but £12.50 when hosting – to impress their guests with a pricier plonk. A poll of 2,000 wine drinkers found 44 per cent splash out when hosting at Christmas, with this rising to 56 per cent when gifting to someone else, as 27 per cent still think premium labels are better quality. While three-quarters will do so because they want an expensive bottle to celebrate a special occasion and 35 per cent want to impress their guests. However, 23 per cent admit they find buying wine a stressful experience – with 51 per cent of these claiming there are too many options to choose from. And 46 per cent don’t know how to identify a good bottle from a bad, whereas 32 per cent are simply bewildered by wine jargon. The research was commissioned by Lidl GB, to mark the return of its Chateaux Noir events, which are designed to democratise wine and challenge preconceptions about wine etiquette through a tasting experience in total darkness. The sensory events will see the supermarket take on major drinks brands as it aims to dispel the belief drinkers need to blow the bank to enjoy quality booze. It also emerged 51 per cent of wine drinkers tend to stick to what they know, and 49 per cent choose a bottle based on where it comes from. Whereas 45 per cent will default to whatever is on offer, 23 per cent have a ‘go-to’ bottle, and 18 per cent will opt for whatever label they like to look of. However, 24 per cent wish they knew more about wine – with nearly a third saying they would experiment with different wines if they knew more about them. But while many are keen to experiment with wine, there are some rules they certainly won’t abide by. For 43 per cent, they are happy to serve white with a dish that isn’t fish, and 39 per cent will drink rose all year round. Many don’t mind if their bottle is corked or a screw top (37 per cent), and 35 per cent will drink champagne from any glass, not just a flute. More than three in 10 (31 per cent) will even chill a bottle of red and 30 per cent will pop a few ice cubes into their vino on a warm day. In fact, 31 per cent find ‘wine etiquette’ snobbish, with just eight per cent believing that following traditional ‘rules’ of wine etiquette enhances their enjoyment of the drink. The events will be hosted by Lidl GB’s master of wine, Richard Bampfield, and will see guests enter a ‘palate cleansing tunnel’ before a blackout wine tasting room. He said: “At Chateaux Noir, not only do we want to challenge preconceptions about affordable wine and prove to customers that great taste isn’t determined by premium branded price tags, but to open people’s minds and challenge what they think they know already about wine. “So, if you think you’re a strictly red drinker – think again. “We’ll reveal how similar flavour profiles can carry across different categories that you might never have otherwise considered. “This Christmas, Chateaux Noir is encouraging shoppers to rip up the rule book and start experimenting - ultimately, there is no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ way to drink wine – if you love it, then that’s all that matters.” Over 18s can secure tickets for the Chateaux Noir events, which will take place in London, Glasgow and Liverpool in November, at, with all proceeds going to the NSPCC. Read More Brits are so fed up with emails that retail giants now send reminder letters Brits reveal advice they would give their younger selves - including investing in property Brits will eat over 5,000 slices of pizza in their adult life, study finds Beauty advent calendars 2021: Our guide to this year’s top treats 13 best tech gifts to spoil a gadget geek this Christmas 10 best luxury Christmas crackers for dressing up your dining table
2023-10-11 22:12

Are There Warzone 2 Gift Cards?
Here's a breakdown of whether or not there are any gift cards for Call of Duty: Warzone 2.
1970-01-01 08:00

Legend of Runeterra Awakening Release Date
Legends of Runeterra release date is confirmed for Aug. 31.
1970-01-01 08:00

Luke Shaw would take Harry Kane and Declan Rice at Man Utd ‘in a heartbeat’
Luke Shaw has been selling Manchester United to his England team-mates and says he would take Harry Kane and Declan Rice at Old Trafford “in a heartbeat”. Having continued their winning start to Euro 2024 qualification by beating Malta 4-0 on Friday, Gareth Southgate’s side have been preparing at Carrington for the season finale against North Macedonia. Shaw posted an Instagram story on Saturday showing pictures of him at the United training base next to Kane and Rice with the caption “Carrington tour” and an eyes emoji. The lighthearted post comes with the futures of Tottenham striker Kane and West Ham captain Rice among the highest profile of many transfer talking points surrounding this group of England players. “It is not normally discussed but, because of the time of the season and what is going on, there is a lot of talk, a lot of banter,” Shaw said. “I would love a few of them to join United – I am not going to lie. I am speaking to them, telling them how good Manchester is because I know their qualities. “I know they are world-class players and they would be a massive help to us but I can only say so much. It is up to the club and whatever they decide, so we have to go from there.” Shaw joked “hopefully they like it and can get used to it” at United, who have a long-standing interest in Kane and Rice but are understood to view deals for the duo as highly unlikely. Mason Mount – absent from the England camp through injury – is the more immediate midfield prospect as United look to build on a promising first season under Erik ten Hag. If it was down to me, I would take them in a heartbeat and they would improve our team massively and help us go to what we want to achieve. Luke Shaw on Harry Kane and Declan Rice “Yes, half joking,” the left-back said of the Instagram post. “It is a bit of both. I know they are both world-class players and I don’t know what is going on at their clubs. “But if it was down to me, I would take them in a heartbeat and they would improve our team massively and help us go to what we want to achieve.” Shaw said “you could pick anyone in this squad and love them to come” to a United side that are on the up. “I’ve been here for a long time now,” said the 27-year-old, who joined the Old Trafford outfit from Southampton in 2014. “I’ve been through very different periods, a lot of ups and downs, but I can feel that the club is going in the right direction now. “I care about this club a lot and I’ll do anything I can to bring the right players here that I know the manager will like and want and who will definitely improve our team. “It’s only a matter of time until we’re challenging for the big trophies.” Shaw openly said at the end of the season that United need “big signings” as Ten Hag continues to shape the squad in his image. Whether captain Harry Maguire has a part to play in that remains unclear after a season he spent sat on the sidelines far more than he wanted. Left-back Shaw has even been selected at centre-back ahead of the world’s most expensive defender. “It’s tough,” he said. “I think a few times Harry has been struggling with a niggle, so he wasn’t always 100 per cent fit. “But I also do think the manager does like a left-footed centre-back – that’s in his philosophy and the way he wants to play. “I played there in one game and he really liked me in that position, and he kept me there. “But of course I’m really close with Harry, we speak a lot and for me personally, whenever I’m on that pitch, I have to do my best and that’s wherever the manager wants me to play.” Maguire may well start against North Macedonia on Monday, when Shaw will win a 31st cap of an international career that looked like it could fall flat. He won eight caps between 2014 and 2021, when the Euros final goalscorer kicked on and established himself as Southgate’s first-choice left-back. “I love it so much,” Shaw said ahead of Monday’s Old Trafford qualifier. “The feeling playing for your country is one of the best ever. “You touched on appreciating it more, and I definitely do. There were times I made mistakes and didn’t really understand how lucky I was to be in this position. “For me, I’ve matured, I grew up and I realised how important it is for me to appreciate playing for England. “I definitely do now. Every time I step out on that pitch I feel lucky and blessed to be in this position. “Hopefully I can keep giving my best for the country because I love playing for them so much.”
2023-06-19 05:51

Members of Congress accused of 'buying war stocks' ahead of Israel-Hamas conflict but Internet is conflicted
Many of the listed companies actively lobby Congress, allowing them to communicate their interests to policymakers directly
2023-10-12 16:38

Oil rises on China, US economic data and OPEC+ cut expectations
BEIJING Oil prices ticked up in Asian morning trade on Monday, as market sentiment was buoyed by positive
2023-09-04 08:48
You Might Like...

This beginner-friendly drone is on sale for under $100

Jamie Foxx makes first public appearance after hospitalization and absence from 'They Cloned Tyrone' promo

'Heil Honey, I’m Home!': Will HBO's 'The Idol' meet same fate as the Hitler sitcom canceled after one episode

South African Reserve Bank Leaves Door Open to More Hikes

Ten-player China beat Haiti to stay alive after wild World Cup clash

Get your cat’s paws on this $25 rechargeable cat toy

Selling the OC's Sean Palmieri quits Oppenheim Group after fiery feud with Austin Victoria in Season 3 trailer

Forte works out, waits for Belmont Stakes clearance