Focue Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, What You Focus On is What You Get.
⎯ 《 Focue • Com 》
Design approved for memorial to the victims and survivors of the 2017 Las Vegas mass shooting
Design approved for memorial to the victims and survivors of the 2017 Las Vegas mass shooting
Officials in Las Vegas have approved a plan for a permanent memorial to the victims and survivors of the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history
2023-09-06 05:01
Western lithium, graphite miners boost prices for ESG-friendly supply
Western lithium, graphite miners boost prices for ESG-friendly supply
By Ernest Scheyder LOS ANGELES Western lithium and graphite miners have started charging the electric vehicle (EV) supply
2023-11-18 02:37
Marvel Snap Spotlight Cache Schedule September
Marvel Snap Spotlight Cache Schedule September
Marvel Snap Spotlight Cache schedule for September 2023 including Alioth, Ravonna Renslayer and Mobius M. Mobius for Loki Season 2.
2023-08-15 02:00
Suspect in University of Idaho quadruple killings, Bryan Kohberger, indicted by grand jury on murder and burglary charges
Suspect in University of Idaho quadruple killings, Bryan Kohberger, indicted by grand jury on murder and burglary charges
The suspect in the fatal stabbing last year of four University of Idaho students has been indicted by a grand jury on murder and burglary charges, a court official told CNN.
2023-05-18 04:08
U.N. Security Council schedules a vote on a resolution urging humanitarian pauses, corridors in Gaza
U.N. Security Council schedules a vote on a resolution urging humanitarian pauses, corridors in Gaza
After four failed attempts, the U.N. Security Council scheduled a vote Wednesday on a resolution which would call for “urgent and extended humanitarian pauses and corridors throughout the Gaza Strip" in the Israel-Hamas war. The final draft watered down language from a “demand” to a “call.” It also watered down a demand for “the immediate and unconditional release of all hostages held by Hamas and other groups” to a call. Malta, which sponsored the resolution, called for the vote after lengthy negotiations. Several diplomats said they expect it to be adopted. That requires nine “yes” votes from the 15-member council and no veto by any of its five permanent members: the U.S., Russia, China, Britain and France. The draft resolution makes no mention of a cease-fire. It also doesn’t refer to Hamas’ surprise attack on Israel on Oct. 7 that killed around 1,200 people and took some 240 others hostage. Nor does it cite Israel’s retaliatory airstrikes and ground offensive in Hamas-ruled Gaza that Gaza's health ministry says has killed more than 11,000 Palestinians, two-thirds of them women and children. The draft asks that “all parties comply with their obligations under international law, notably with regard to the protection of civilians, especially children.” U.N. Security Council resolutions are legally binding, but in practice many parties choose to ignore the council’s requests for action. Richard Gowan, U.N. director for the International Crisis Group, said the Security Council has called for cease-fires in wars from the Balkans to Syria “with little or no impact.” The Security Council, which has the responsibility for maintaining international peace and security, has been paralyzed since the war began by its internal divisions. This is especially the case between China and Russia, which want an immediate cease-fire, and the United States, which has called for humanitarian pauses but objects to any mention of a cease-fire which its close ally Israel strongly opposes. The resolution calls for humanitarian pauses and corridors throughout the Gaza Strip for a “sufficient number of days” for unhindered access by the U.N., Red Cross and other aid groups to get water, electricity, fuel, food and medical supplies to all those in need. It says the pauses also should allow for repair of essential infrastructure and enable urgent rescue and recovery efforts. In the four previous tries for Security Council approval, a Brazil-drafted resolution was vetoed by the United States, a U.S.-drafted resolution was vetoed by Russia and China and two Russian-drafted resolutions failed to get the minimum “yes” votes. After the fourth failure, frustrated Arab nations turned to the 193-member General Assembly and succeeded in getting wide approval for a resolution calling for a “humanitarian truce” in Gaza meant to lead to a cessation of hostilities between Israel and Hamas. It was the first United Nations response to the war. But unlike Security Council resolutions, General Assembly resolutions are not legally binding, though they are a barometer of world opinion. The vote was 120-14 with 45 abstentions. Of the five veto-holding Security Council members, Russia, China and France voted in favor, the United States voted against and Britain abstained. The General Assembly resolution was adopted Oct. 27, and Israel agreed Nov. 9 to four-hour pauses. But only very limited aid has been delivered to Gaza through the Rafah crossing from Egypt, and a humanitarian catastrophe has been brewing. The Crisis Group's Gowan said U.S. opposition to a cease-fire “is a gift that keeps on giving for Russia diplomatically.” He said that while many diplomats think Russia is demanding a cease-fire “for largely cynical reasons to make the Americans look bad,” Moscow’s position “is closer to the mainstream of council thinking, and the U.S. looks isolated.” “A U.N. cease-fire call would embarrass but not really constrain the Israelis,” he told the AP. “But the U.S. clearly feels that even such a symbolic move is too much of a political risk.” Read More Tourists find the Las Vegas Strip remade for its turn hosting Formula One Ohio commission approves fracking in state parks and wildlife areas despite fraud investigation The UK government wants to send migrants to Rwanda. Here's why judges say it's unlawful Vatican plans to gradually replace car fleet with electric vehicles in deal with VW Discrimination charge filed against Michigan salon after owner's comments on gender identity Advocates scramble to aid homeless migrant families after Massachusetts caps emergency shelter slots
2023-11-16 02:39
Czech midfielder Jankto moves from Getafe to Cagliari
Czech midfielder Jankto moves from Getafe to Cagliari
Czech midfielder Jakub Jankto said Saturday he had joined Serie A newcomers Cagliari from La Liga side Getafe, five months after becoming the first international...
2023-07-16 02:03
Bank of Israel to keep rates on hold again as war continues
Bank of Israel to keep rates on hold again as war continues
By Steven Scheer JERUSALEM Israel's central bank is expected to leave short-term interest rates unchanged next week for
2023-11-23 20:02
Michigan State hosts No. 8 Washington minus coach Mel Tucker
Michigan State hosts No. 8 Washington minus coach Mel Tucker
Michigan State hosts No. 8 Washington on Saturday without coach Mel Tucker who was suspended this week pending results of an investigation into allegations of sexual harassment
2023-09-15 04:19
The 1 thing that held back a Packers-Broncos Aaron Rodgers trade
The 1 thing that held back a Packers-Broncos Aaron Rodgers trade
Quarterback Aaron Rodgers may be a New York Jet, but he was reportedly almost traded to the Denver Broncos last offseason.Since the opening night of the 2021 NFL Draft, those who followed the league waited to see when Aaron Rodgers would leave the Green Bay Packers, due in part to reports of his...
2023-06-14 01:52
Here's Why Zero Build is Staying in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 5
Here's Why Zero Build is Staying in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 5
Despite rumors, Zero Build is staying in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 5 even though OG Fortnite maps and movement are returning.
2023-10-25 04:08
Ukraine says drone attack on Russian airport launched inside Russia
Ukraine says drone attack on Russian airport launched inside Russia
Ukraine's military intelligence said Friday that a recent drone attack on an airport in northwestern Russia which damaged several transport planes was carried out...
2023-09-01 18:55
Paris Hiltons says ‘mama bear instincts’ came out after comments about son’s head
Paris Hiltons says ‘mama bear instincts’ came out after comments about son’s head
Paris Hilton has revealed why she didn’t hesitate to defend her 10-month-old son, Phoenix, from comments about his appearance. The 42-year-old actor spoke candidly about her tactics as a mother – days after announcing the surprise birth of her second baby, London, with husband Carter Reum – during a recent interview with People. Her comments come weeks after she first hit back at fan remarks and speculation about the size of Phoenix’s head. During her interview with People, published on 28 November, Hilton said that her “mama bear instincts” came out when she first addressed commentary about her son. She continued to explain why she defended her son, before noting that she was surprised by the criticism surrounding his appearance. “Usually, I wouldn’t even dignify anything like that with a response, but I was just heartbroken that there are such cruel people in the world,” Hilton explained. “I couldn’t believe that they could be mean and vicious about a little innocent baby.” She then sent a message to critics, stating that she “feels sorry” for anyone who would bully a child online. "They’re that miserable in their lives that they would go and speak about a child in such a way,” she said. The Paris In Love star also expressed her gratitude to people on social media who defended her son amid the commentary about his appearance. "It makes me feel so grateful knowing that there’s so many people in the world that love and support me,” she said. “Sticking up for me meant the world to me, and to have people looking out for Phoenix in that way, it meant a lot.” She continued to describe how moved she was by “messages from people saying how much they love Phoenix and how beautiful he is”. She also praised the fans who encouraged her to avoid listening “to trolls”. “That just meant a lot to me, to see how much love there is for me and my son,” Hilton continued. “So anyone reading this, thank you so much. I really, really appreciate everyone looking out for us.” In October, Hilton first hit back at the criticism on TikTok, after her Instagram photos of her son’s first trip to New York City went viral. In the comments of a TikTok video, which defended Hilton and her son, she wrote: “There are some sick people in this world. My angel is perfectly healthy.” The mogul added: “And yes, of course he has been to a doctor, he just has a large brain.” Last week, Hilton took to Instagram on Thanksgiving Day to announce the arrival of her second child with Reum: a baby girl. She revealed the news by posting a photo of a pink pyjama set with the name “London” inscribed on the Peter Pan collared top. “Thankful for my baby girl,” the DJ captioned the post. She also placed a pair of hot pink heart-shaped sunglasses and a brown, knitted toy bunny alongside the pyjama set. During an interview on Today, which aired on 27 November, Hilton spoke candidly about becoming a parent of two with her husband. “She is just a little angel and my life just feels so complete with my little baby boy and my baby girl,” Hilton said. “We’re just over the moon.” When asked how her journey to motherhood compares to previous chapters of her life, the reality TV star candidly admitted: “I’m loving my mom era. I feel just so at peace, so happy, so grateful for my husband and this beautiful family and life that we’re building together.” Read More Paris Hilton opens up about welcoming ‘angel’ baby London: ‘I’m loving my mom era’ Paris Hilton announces surprise birth and name of second child Paris Hilton’s husband reveals why she wanted to keep their son’s birth secret Paris Hilton makes grand entrance into F1 party but ‘no one’ is there to watch Rosalynn Carter remembered for her mental health advocacy at poignant tribute service Smelling a mince pie could kill me, says woman allergic to Christmas
2023-11-29 06:11