
Jacob Neestrup: Parken atmosphere is 100 times more intense than Old Trafford
FC Copenhagen coach Jacob Neestrup has warned Manchester United the atmosphere at Parken will be 100 times more intense than Old Trafford ahead of Wednesday’s key Champions League clash. Harry Maguire’s header and Andre Onana’s stoppage-time spot-kick save secured Erik ten Hag’s stumbling Red Devils a much-needed 1-0 victory against the Danish champions a fortnight ago. It was a crucial win having lost their first two Group A games to Bayern Munich and Galatasaray, but United must now build on that triumph in Copenhagen. The hosts need a win themselves having secured one point despite going close in their first three fixtures and Neestrup believes Parken’s intense atmosphere will be different for United. “What can they expect? I would say with all the respect I felt when I stepped into Old Trafford, then I felt the historical atmosphere,” the 35-year-old said. “But you can’t compare Old Trafford with Parken because the intensity is times 100 in terms of what we played in two weeks ago. “Then this is a standard (that), for me, is way above Premier League, to be honest.” Neestrup’s bold comments about the contrasting atmospheres was put to United midfielder Christian Eriksen, who knows the stadium better than most. “I’ve never played against Copenhagen in here, I’ve only been here with the national team,” the Denmark international said with a smile. You can’t compare Old Trafford with Parken because the intensity is times 100 in terms of what we played in two weeks ago Jacob Neestrup “I do know the atmosphere with the national team is very special, so I do expect a special atmosphere. “But I don’t know if it’s 100 times more theatrical than it would be at Old Trafford! I’m not sure about that.” United boss Ten Hag was also asked about readiness to play in front of a hostile crowd. “We are looking forward (to it),” he said of the game at Parken. “This team is experienced and experienced hostile. “For instance, last year, Barcelona and we can get good performances and we can get good results. We know that.” United are under scrutiny as they head to the Danish capital, having edged past Fulham 1-0 as they responded to back-to-back 3-0 home defeats to Manchester City and Newcastle. Put to Neestrup that Copenhagen are facing a side in unconvincing form, he said: “But I don’t care. I also thought it was a perfect time to play Bayern Munich. “We play at home, we are a big, big club in Copenhagen, so for me it really doesn’t matter. “If we’re going to play a team tomorrow who have won 20 games in a row or, in terms of your words, are struggling a little bit, because for us it’s the same. “We need a result. Best case three (points), next best it’s one. But the shape that the opponent arrive in I don’t care, really.” Wednesday’s match will see Rasmus Hojlund return to his hometown club, where his younger brothers Emil and Oscar currently play. Copenhagen midfielder Rasmus Falk, who played alongside the United striker during his time at Parken, said: “His strength is he is very, very fast, very, very strong, then his mentality. “He wants to score goals, he wants to do the best all the time and the hunger he shows in the game is, for me, his biggest strength.” Read More Casemiro likely to be sidelined until new year FA asks Mikel Arteta and Arsenal for observations after referee comments Tragedy chanting causes ‘unbearable pain’ and must stop – Margaret Aspinall ‘Just ridiculous’ – A closer look at Glenn Maxwell’s remarkable double century Wales’ Sam Costelow out until new year with shoulder and hamstring injuries Luton threaten to ban fans involved in ‘tragedy chanting’ during Liverpool match
2023-11-08 04:56

Uncertainty clouds US transition at Mexico border as new rules take effect
By Daina Beth Solomon and Julio-Cesar Chavez CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico/EL PASO, Texas (Reuters) -The Biden administration began implementing a sweeping
1970-01-01 08:00

Germany's Leupolz retires from international duty
Germany and Chelsea midfielder Melanie Leupolz has retired from international duty, the German FA announced...
2023-09-11 23:49

Standard Chartered Raises Income Forecast, Adds New Buyback
Standard Chartered Plc raised its forecasts for income growth for 2023 and added a new buyback program as
2023-07-28 12:25

South Korea’s $169 Billion Wealth Fund Bets on Private Credit
South Korea’s $169 billion sovereign wealth fund has returned to gains this year, partially recovering from the double-digit
2023-06-20 06:00

How to Hide Blue Checkmark on Twitter/X
Here's the easy way how to hide the blue checkmark on Twitter/X for all Twitter Blue subscribers on Elon Musk's platform.
2023-08-03 00:49

5 Best Junglers in League of Legends Patch 12.12
These are the top five best Junglers with the highest win rates in League of Legends Patch 12.12.
1970-01-01 08:00

Stormzy set to become an owner of his childhood soccer club AFC Croydon
Stormzy is set to become an owner of English ninth-tier soccer club AFC Croydon
2023-06-28 04:18

Braves place ace Max Fried on IL with strained left forearm
The Atlanta Braves’ rotation was dealt another major blow when ace left-hander Max Fried was placed on the 15-day injured list with a strained forearm
1970-01-01 08:00

Tarek El Moussa opens up about being 'sad and lonely' before meeting wife Heather: 'Brought Me Back to Life'
Tarek's anniversary post featured a series of photos of the couple, including two throwbacks from their October 2021 wedding day
2023-10-25 03:42

He moaned about work, ‘bullies’ and his head of lab online. Then police say he shot dead a UNC faculty member
Tailei Qi shared several cryptic posts online after joining the University of North Carolina in 2022. The well-educated graduate student – who previously studied at both Wuhan University and Louisiana State University – complained about bullies, aired his grievances with some “girls and tattletales” and grumbled that his head of lab should have more experience to deal with his issues. “Bully in america seems to be a problem. It often comes with people not stopping them at the first time,” he wrote in one bizarre post in August 2022. But – despite the complaints – the messages could not prepare anyone for the horror of what happened next. On the afternoon of Monday 28 August 2023 – just days into the new term of the second year of his PhD studies – Mr Qi allegedly entered the science lab at the UNC’s Chapel Hill campus armed with a firearm. Inside the lab where he carried out his studies, he shot and killed a faculty member, police said. The campus was plunged into lockdown before Mr Qi was arrested at a home just 10 minutes from the lab around three hours later. The motive for the attack remains unknown at this time and the victim’s identity has not been publicly released. “To actually have the suspect in custody gives us an opportunity to figure out the why and even the how, and also helps us to uncover a motive and really just why this happened today. Why today, why at all?” UNC Police Chief Brian James said in a press conference on Monday. “And we want to learn from this incident and we will certainly work to do our best to ensure that this never happens again on the UNC campus.” The suspect The suspect was identified on Tuesday as Tailei Qi, a graduate student who joined the Yan Lab of the college in 2022. Based on his online bio at the UNC, he studied under Dr Zijie Yan – the leader of the physical chemistry group the Yan Research Group and head of the Department of Applied Physical Sciences. Before joining UNC, Mr Qi previously studied material science at Louisiana State University and physics at Wuhan University. A Twitter account believed to belong to Mr Qi reveals that he had railed against his work and his head of lab as well as what he described as “bullies” in the US before allegedly carrying out the mass shooting. In a post on 1 August 2022, he wrote: “Bully in america seems to be a problem. It often comes with people not stopping them at the first time. “Explanation is not a solution but makes them feel others will plead them every time they raise a problem, making them voyeur to find an excuse day and night.” Two weeks later on 18 August 2022, he tweeted about his “PI” – referring to his unnamed head of lab – handling “these girls and tattletales”. “Just have a talk with my PI and get his promise. He should have more experience to handle with these girls and tattletales,” he wrote. “Then, we can just get ourselves out of these stupid topic. Let’s just focus our attention on nature.I won’t change anything if not necessary.” Two months later in October, he referred to his PI again and an unidentified “group of people”. “Both the group of people to say I am lazy and that to prove me working hard instead of telling me that are trying to consume my privacy. I judge their motivation is only to tell my PI then control me by taletelling,” he tweeted. “But it’s weird when I talked about it with my PI, he said no people spoke to him about that. so it’s nothing but some voyeurism for these people?” In other posts, Mr Qi addressed a mystery woman who he vowed to “just let her go” and his exhaustion with his workload. “I used to walk 80+ hours per week and I feel relaxing and energetic. Now I only work 60+ hours per week and I feel tired,” he wrote in one. In a post in July 2022 – before he is believed to have started at UNC that fall – he posted a cryptic message calling his treatment by an unnamed boss “disgusting”. “Just feel my privacy was insulted. When I work, I will think I was showing the boss I am working instead of interests, devaluing the meaning of my work,” he wrote. “That’s so disgusting. Self-respect block me from working. Then it takes pains to convince myself what I do is just because I like.” In another post that same month, he wrote that “only work with no play makes Jim a dull boy”. The Twitter account has the same name and the same image as both Mr Qi’s bio and the person of interest sent out by police during the brief manhunt. It describes him as “Graduate student @UNC, engaged in light-matter interaction and related materials”. In one post in early August – just weeks before the shooting – he issued an appeal to meet people at the college. “I would like to make some new friends. I am a second-year PhD student, interested in nanoparticle synthesis, optical trapping, self-assembly, spectra analysis, and ML,” he said. “a bit stupid in daily trifles, very enthusiastic talking about research. Reach me if inerest.” The shooting The shooting unfolded at around 1pm local time on Monday when UNC Police responded to a 911 call reporting gunfire at the science lab in the heart of the campus. Law enforcement arrived on the scene around two minutes after the call came in and found a faculty member shot dead inside the science lab building. The campus was plunged into lockdown, with officials warning that “an armed and dangerous person” was at large. The wrong person was briefly arrested after the unsuspecting individual missed the shelter-in-place alerts. Soon after, the UNC Police released an image of Mr Qi, calling him a person of interest and warning the public that “if you see this person, keep your distance, put your safety first and call 911”. Chilling footage shows terrified students and staff members barricaded inside classrooms and offices for fear that an active shooter was at large. Around three hours on from the shooting, police confirmed that a suspect had been arrested near a residential area 10 minutes away from campus. The gun is yet to be recovered, police said. The lockdown was eventually lifted at around 4.15pm. The victim’s identity is yet to be released, pending next of kin being notified. UNC-Chapel Hill Chancellor Kevin M Guskiewicz said in a statement that a hotline and other mental health resources were on offer for staff and students affected by the shooting. “The students are certainly traumatised,” he said. “But I want to commend those who were inside the building ensuring everyone’s safety.” Classes have been canceled through Tuesday following the deadly shooting. “Due to today’s incident on campus, UNC-Chapel Hill will operate at a Condition 2 on Tuesday, Aug. 29. This means that classes are canceled, and non-mandatory operations are suspended,” the UNC said in an update. The shooting came just days into the start of the new term. Harrowingly, the horror was a somewhat familiar sight for the UNC community coming four years after a mass shooting at the Charlotte campus left two dead and four injured. Back on 30 April 2019 – onthe last day of the spring semester classes – two people were killed and four injured in a mass shooting inside a classroom in the Woodford A. Kennedy Building. The gunman – identified as former UNCC student Trystan Andrew Terrell – was arrested soon after. In September 2019, he pleaded guilty and was sentenced life without the possibility of parole. Read More UNC shooting – latest: Motive remains unknown after shooter kills faculty member in Chapel Hill A new college term, a faculty member killed and a suspect arrested: What we know about the UNC shooting UNC faculty member confirmed dead as active shooter shuts down Chapel Hill school
2023-08-29 22:30

North Carolina governor to veto election bill, sparking override showdown with GOP supermajority
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper says he'll veto a sweeping Republican elections bill that would end a grace period for voting by mail and make new allowances for partisan poll observers
2023-08-25 01:54
You Might Like...

Japan aircon king Daikin looks to custom chips for energy savings

CONCACAF confirm formation of new Champions Cup to replace CCL

'It's been stressful 24 hours': Anna Navarro reveals reason behind her absence from 'The View'

Taulia Tagovailoa becomes the Big Ten's all-time leader in passing yards

Whoopi Goldberg had this to say to ‘snowflakes’ upset about Target's Pride displays and drag shows

Tom Hanks claims an AI version of him was used in a dental plan advert without his consent

India to Cut Floor Price for Basmati Exports to Stay Competitive

Bengals defense shuts down Seattle twice late to seal a 17-13 win and improve to 3-3