Genesys Awarded Two 2023 Global AWS Partner Awards
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 28, 2023--
2023-11-28 21:01
Can New York's mayor speak Mandarin? No, but with AI he's making robocalls in different languages
New York City Mayor Eric Adams has been using artificial intelligence to make robocalls that contort his own voice into several languages he doesn’t actually speak
2023-10-18 01:07
Snoop Dogg finally reveals the real reason behind the ‘give up smoke' announcement
Snoop Dogg shocked fans recently when he announced he was "giving up smoke," but all is not what it seems... Taking to social media last Thursday, the rapper wrote: "After much consideration and conversation with my family, I've decided to give up smoke. Please respect my privacy at this time." The 52-year-old - whose real name is Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr - surprised fans with this news as he is widely known for his love of smoking weed, he appeared to have a puff ahead of his Super Bowl performance last year and had fans desperately to fill his blunt roller vacancy. He even has a cannabis-focused digital media platform called Merry Jane which he launched in 2015, and also invested the THC-infused savory snacks called TSUMo Snacks. So this announcement left fans divided as some wished him well on this new chapter, while others weren't convinced this was true, believing it to be a publicity stunt. And it turns out they were right, as it was revealed to be part of an advert for smokeless fire pit company Solo Stove. "I have an announcement," Snoop Dogg says in the advert. "I’m giving up smoke. I know what you’re thinking, ‘Snoop? Smoke is kinda your whole thing?’ “But I’m done with it. I’m done with […] my clothes smelling all sticky icky. I’m going smokeless. Solo Stove fixed fire, they take out the smoke, clever.” Fans have been sharing their reaction to the publicity stunt, with some calling the move "one of the most brilliant marketing plans," and "the biggest prank of the year". It's fair to say Snoop got us all good with this stunt. How to join the indy100's free WhatsApp channel Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-11-21 22:52
Who is Angelo Mantych? 'Abusive' BF charged with murder of GF 7 years after telling cops she never woke up from sleep
Marina Placensia died on an Amtrak train while traveling from Racine, Wisconsin to Denver in 2016
2023-11-02 09:54
Why did 'American Idol' star Iam Tongi apologize? Singer gets nervous while singing the national anthem at an event
'First try at singing the National Anthem. So nervous that it was in front of such a huge crowd,' said Iam Tongi
2023-07-14 03:43
Mercury vs. Storm prediction and odds for WNBA Commissioner's Cup
The Phoenix Mercury have dropped four straight games heading into their matchup with the Seattle Storm on Saturday night.The bright side for Phoenix? Diana Taurasi and Brittney Griner are both listed as probable for this game, meaning it’s more likely than not that they’ll be back in...
2023-06-25 00:36
Australia Consumer Sentiment Edges Up as Monthly Inflation Eases
Australia’s consumer confidence edged up in July — while remaining in “deeply pessimistic” territory — as a cooling
2023-07-11 08:32
UK police motorcyclist under criminal investigation over royal escort crash
A British police motorcyclist is facing a criminal investigation over the death of a woman who was struck in a collision with the officer’s vehicle, which was escorting Sophie, the Duchess of Edinburgh at the time
2023-06-07 02:34
A top Russian general linked to the head of a rebellious mercenary group is reportedly dismissed
Russian media reports that Gen. Sergei Surovikin, a former commander of Moscow's forces in Ukraine who was linked to the leader of an armed rebellion, has been dismissed from his job as chief of the air force
2023-08-23 20:50
Meloni Calls for EU Help to Curb Migration Flows to Italy
Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni called for urgent help from the European Union to help curb the flow
2023-09-16 17:01
Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds push on with Wrexham’s Racecourse Ground plans
Wrexham owners Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds have welcomed the decision for the club to take over the Racecourse Ground lease and allow them to push ahead with stadium development. The lease is currently held by Wrexham Supporters Trust, who wanted a binding covenant that the Hollywood-owned League Two club could not be moved away from the ground. WST members have now agreed to surrender the Racecourse lease under the terms of a deal that will see Wrexham continue to play at the ground until at least June 30, 2115. Wrexham will also make a payment of £187,000 upon surrender of the lease. Co-chairmen McElhenney and Reynolds said: “We were delighted to receive the support of the directors of the WST and share their understandable desire to protect the long-term future of the club. “Our legacy at the club will not be defined while we are its custodians, so we wanted to address the anomaly in the WST lease for the Racecourse Ground that did not include the requirement for the team to actually play at the stadium, only not allow it to be used for any other purpose. “We didn’t want anyone in the future to be able to exploit that position. “The payment of £187,000, is an equivalent amount to that contributed by fans to save the club. “To know that we will provide the funding to effectively pay everyone back who contributed to save the club is worth every penny and gives us a great deal of satisfaction. “We would appeal to the 824 members who have a vote, to do so in favour of the proposal and allow the club to continue on this wonderful journey we are all on.” Wrexham plan to redevelop the Kop stand – the site currently stands empty – and boost capacity to around 15,600. It had been hoped to be built in time for the start of the 2024-25 season, but funding issues have meant the project will be delayed. Wrexham expect the stadium development will see the men’s national team to play at the Racecourse – the world’s oldest international football stadium that still hosts matches, having staged its first Wales home game in 1877 – more often. Wales visited Wrexham last month – a friendly against Gibraltar – for only the second time since 2009. A Wrexham statement read: “The club were delighted to be informed that the Directors of the Wrexham Football Supporter’s Society Limited (‘WST’) would be recommending to their membership that they should accept our proposal to surrender the lease for The Racecourse Ground. “The surrender of the lease is required by the club to enable the funding for the Kop Development/UEFA Stadium Category 4 status to be secured. “The negotiations between the club and those representing the WST have been undertaken against the backdrop of wanting to ensure that everyone’s interests were protected. We believe that we have achieved this objective. “As part of the deal, the club will make a payment of £187,000 upon surrender of the lease, a payment of £1,000 per annum (increasing by 3% per annum) and meet the legal costs of the WST connected with the surrender of the lease. “The most significant non-financial commitment made by the club was the positive commitment that the men’s first team will continue to play at the Racecourse Ground until at least June 30, 2115.” The news comes after Wrexham’s 2-0 defeat at Accrington and the club’s continued war of words with Stanley chairman Andy Holt. Wrexham condemned Accrington’s decision to increase matchday ticket prices by £5 for Saturday’s league game. Holt took a swipe at Wrexham and their successful docu-series on social media after the game, saying: “Accrington 2 Hollywood nil. I think @VancityReynolds should cut prices by a tenner @ Wrexham_AFC. “Safe journey home folks. Get that on @netflix Ryan lad.” Read More Talking points as Wales look to pip Croatia to Euro 2024 spot in final round Australia handle pressure as India come up short – Cricket World Cup uncovered On this day in 2015: Eddie Jones appointed England’s first overseas head coach The sporting weekend in pictures Steve Clarke happy to toast Scotland fans after ‘strange’ draw with Norway Gareth Southgate targeting top of the world as England drive for Euros glory
2023-11-20 19:35
What is Janelle Brown's net worth? 'Sister Wives' star hints at possible reconciliation with Kody amid financial woes
Janelle and Kody Brown recently had an explosive feud on 'Sister Wives' Season 18
2023-10-03 13:17
You Might Like...
Best Heroes to Partner With Sojourn in Overwatch 2
Spencer Carbery hired as Capitals coach after 2 seasons as Maple Leafs assistant
Grayscale Ruling Not Enough to Halt Bitcoin’s Two-Month Losing Streak
Which countries have banned TikTok?
Free Final Fantasy 16 demo launches ahead of game's release
IShowSpeed joins KSI in training session before Tommy Fury bout, beats him in 100 m sprint
Who is Becky Worley? GMA correspondent hosts segment on self-defense in emergency scenarios for women
Internet backs Taylor Swift as she postpones Brazil Eras Tour show due to 'extreme temperatures' after fan's death
