Focue Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, What You Focus On is What You Get.
⎯ 《 Focue • Com 》
'But then he denied it': Kieran Culkin reveals Jesse Armstrong already had plots for many more seasons of 'Succession'
'But then he denied it': Kieran Culkin reveals Jesse Armstrong already had plots for many more seasons of 'Succession'
Kieran Culkin said that among his 'Succession' co-stars, Sarah Snook was very sure there would be another season
2023-06-11 19:44
Pakistan gets final approval for $3bn IMF bailout
Pakistan gets final approval for $3bn IMF bailout
The deal follows $2bn in financial support from Saudi Arabia for the crisis-hit nation.
2023-07-13 07:32
Recriminations fly in Argentina as peso flounders ahead of vote
Recriminations fly in Argentina as peso flounders ahead of vote
Argentina's election campaign was marked by heated exchanges Wednesday as the incumbent president pressed charges against frontrunner candidate Javier Milei for dissing the...
2023-10-12 08:07
Twitter loses its head of trust and safety amid ongoing worries about dangerous content
Twitter loses its head of trust and safety amid ongoing worries about dangerous content
Twitter has lost its head of trust and safety amid ongoing criticism of the site’s protections against harmful content. Ella Irwin said on Thursday that she had stepped down as the company’s head of trust and safety, a key role in ensuring that Twitter is able to avoid showing dangerous content and compromising relationships with advertisers. Ms Irwin, who joined Twitter in June 2022, took over as head of the trust and safety team in November when previous head Yoel Roth resigned. She oversaw content moderation. An email to Twitter returned an automated reply with a poop emoji. Irwin declined further comment and Musk did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Irwin’s departure comes as the platform has struggled to retain advertisers, with brands wary of appearing next to unsuitable content. Musk announced earlier this month that he hired Linda Yaccarino, former NBCUniversal advertising chief, to become Twitter‘s new CEO. Fortune earlier reported that Irwin’s internal Slack account appeared to have been deactivated. Since Musk’s acquisition, Twitter has cut costs dramatically and laid off thousands of employees, including many who had worked on efforts to prevent harmful and illegal content, protect election integrity, and surface accurate information on the site. Musk has promoted a feature called Community Notes, which lets users add context to tweets, as a way to combat misleading information on Twitter. The company is also facing increasing scrutiny from regulators over its moderation efforts. Twitter withdrew from a voluntary agreement with the European Union to tackle disinformation, while saying it was committed to complying with upcoming internet rules in the EU. EU industry chief Thierry Breton warned Twitter last week that it would not be able to avoid legal obligations in the EU after quitting the voluntary agreement. Additional reporting by Reuters Read More Twitter’s head of trust and safety resigns from Elon Musk’s platform Elon Musk is once again world’s richest person Trust and ethics considerations ‘have come too late’ on AI technology
2023-06-02 23:58
League of Legends Blue Essence Emporium 2023 Release Date
League of Legends Blue Essence Emporium 2023 Release Date
The League of Legends Blue Essence Emporium is scheduled to make its 2023 return during the summer.
1970-01-01 08:00
Buffalo Bills, Taylor Swift Fans Both Furious About Turf Fields on Different Continents
Buffalo Bills, Taylor Swift Fans Both Furious About Turf Fields on Different Continents
Swifties now anti-turf after Travis Kelce injury.
2023-10-09 22:53
‘Racism is normal in LaLiga’: Vinicius Junior sent off after facing racist abuse at Valencia
‘Racism is normal in LaLiga’: Vinicius Junior sent off after facing racist abuse at Valencia
Vinicius Junior said “racism is normal in LaLiga” after the Real Madrid star was sent off having faced racist abuse from the stands in a 1-0 defeat at Valencia on Sunday. The match at the Mestalla was halted for 10 minutes in the second half as Vinicius pointed out fans to the referee who he said had racially abused him. The Brazilian continued to play but was sent off in injury time after he became involved in a brawl with Valencia players. The 22-year-old shoved Valencia striker Hugo Duro as tempers flared between both sides, with VAR deciding it warranted a red card. Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti condemned the abuse and said Vinicius’s reaction was “understandable” in the circumstances. Vinicius has been subjected to racist abuse several times this season. Before Sunday’s match, LaLiga have filed as many as eight instances of “racist behaviour” against the forward this season, including against Real Madrid’s rivals Atletico Madrid and Barcelona. In a post on Twitter, Vinicius said the “championship that once belonged to Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi today belongs to racists”. “It wasn’t the first time, nor the second, nor the third,” Vinicius said. “Racism is normal in La Liga. The competition thinks it’s normal, the Federation does too and the opponents encourage it. “Today, in Brazil, Spain is known as a country of racists. And unfortunately, for everything that happens each week, I have no defence.But I am strong and I will go to the end against racists.” Ancelotti said LaLiga “has a problem” after revealing he wanted the referee to stop the match following the racist abuse. “I don’t want to talk about football today, there is no meaning in talking about football today,” Ancelotti said. “What we saw today is unacceptable. An entire stadium chanting racist slurs. “I asked him if he wanted to keep playing, and he stayed in the game. “LaLiga have a problem here. For me Vinicius is the most important player in the world. LaLiga has a problem, these episodes of racism have to stop the match. “It’s the entire stadium that is insulting a player with racist chants and the match has to stop. I would say the same if we were winning 3-0, there is no other way. “Vinicius is very sad, he is angry. Something like this can’t happen in the world we live in.” In a statement, LaLiga said it will open an investigation into the incident and will take legal action if “any hate crime is detected”. It read: “In view of the incidents that occurred during the Valencia CF – Real Madrid CF match at the Mestalla Stadium, La Liga informs that it has requested all available images to investigate what happened. “Once the investigation has been completed, if any hate crime is detected, La Liga will proceed to take the appropriate legal action. “La Liga will also investigate the images in which racist insults were allegedly directed towards Vinicius Jr outside the Mestalla stadium.” In their own statement, Valencia condemned “isolated incidents”. “Valencia CF wish to publicly condemn insults and attacks of all kinds in football. Although this is an isolated episode, insults to any opposing player have no place in football and do not fit with the values and identity of Valencia CF. The club are investigating what occurred and will take the most severe measures against the perpetrators. “Valencia CF also condemn any offence and request the utmost respect for our fans. Whilst strongly denouncing these isolated incidents, Valencia CF would like to thank the more than 46,000 fans in attendance for their support for the team.” Read More ‘No doubt’ Ancelotti should stay at Real Madrid despite Champions League failure Only Vinicius Jr has the key to shape semi-final - even if Man City dominate The best player in the world right now? Vinicius brilliance has elevated the debate Kevin De Bruyne is Man City’s man for the big occasion but has he met his match? The six types of Pep Guardiola full-back, and what each says about Man City Manchester United take WSL title race to the wire with dramatic derby winner
2023-05-22 05:02
Analysis: Carlos Alcaraz's Wimbledon title shows he is exactly who everyone thought he was
Analysis: Carlos Alcaraz's Wimbledon title shows he is exactly who everyone thought he was
Carlos Alcaraz is the first man since 2002 other than Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal or Andy Murray to win Wimbledon
2023-07-17 18:33
South Korea, US troops to hold massive live-fire drills near border with North Korea
South Korea, US troops to hold massive live-fire drills near border with North Korea
The South Korean and U.S. militaries are to hold massive live-fire drills Thursday near the inter-Korean border
2023-05-25 10:32
Goldman, Citigroup Begin Cutting About 35 Dealmakers Across Asia
Goldman, Citigroup Begin Cutting About 35 Dealmakers Across Asia
Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Citigroup Inc. are starting to cut another 35 investment-banking jobs across Asia this
2023-06-15 09:40
This Hidden Amazon Page Makes It Easier to Fix, Recycle, or Trade in Your Old Tech Gadgets
This Hidden Amazon Page Makes It Easier to Fix, Recycle, or Trade in Your Old Tech Gadgets
The Amazon Second Chance hub helps take the guesswork out of recycling, fixing, or trading in old tech products.
1970-01-01 08:00
Verizon Raises Prices Again as Wireless Customer Growth Slows
Verizon Raises Prices Again as Wireless Customer Growth Slows
Verizon Communications Inc. is raising prices on some existing wireless plans to help boost revenue and offset slumping
2023-08-09 22:26