
Restaurants Retaining Workers Helps Fuel Blowout US Jobs Report
On the surface, the latest US jobs data suggest restaurants and bars are hiring at a blowout pace.
2023-10-07 00:39

US Supreme Court sidesteps 'acquitted conduct' cases for now
By John Kruzel WASHINGTON The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday decided - for now - not to weigh
2023-07-01 02:20

Comedian in New York jokes about Malaysia, faces heated backlash overseas
A comedian in New York who joked about the safety of Malaysian planes in an apparent reference to the disappearance of flight MH370 has sparked a heated backlash in Malaysia and Singapore.
2023-06-11 13:29

Adon pitches 6 strong innings as Nationals beat Marlins 7-4
MIAMI (AP) — Joan Adon pitched six scoreless innings of two-hit ball as the Washington Nationals built a six-run lead and beat the sliding Miami Marlins 7-4 Friday night.
2023-08-26 10:56

How to Fix 'Progression Revoked' Error Message in League of Legends
Players have been receiving a "Progression Revoked" message, despite doing nothing to warrant receiving it. This article is meant to help guide you on how to fix the issue.
1970-01-01 08:00

Federal prosecutors charge Texas businessman linked to Attorney General Ken Paxton’s impeachment
A Texas businessman at the center of the scandal that led to the historic impeachment of state Attorney General Ken Paxton has been charged with eight counts of making false statements
2023-06-10 00:24

Woman claiming to be girlfriend of person of interest in Oregon killings reveals alleged links to victims
A woman who says that the recently detained person of interest in the suspected Oregon serial killer case Jesse Lee Calhoun lived with her and her children for a year and a half, has shared allegations that there may have been connections between the 38-year-old and some of the victims. In a video interview shared on YouTube, Krista Senor said Calhoun was linked to at least two of the four murdered women and that he had sex and sold fentanyl to other women during their relationship, according to Oregon Live. “I’m still in shock over this. It’s just surreal,” Ms Sinor, 43 told The Oregonian on Wednesday. “It’s very strange. I can’t wrap my mind around any of it. Neither can his family or friends.” Police spent three days searching her apartment in Milwaukie, Oregon after they arrested Calhoun on 6 June. Former Oregon Governor Kate Brown commuted Calhoun’s sentence for several burglaries on 23 June 2021, about a year before he was set to be released, for his work fighting wildfires. Ms Sinor said Calhoun was connected to two of the victims, Ashley Real, 22, from Portland, and Bridget Leann Ramsey Webster, 31, from Milwaukie. The other two victims are Charity Perry and Kristin Smith – police said on Monday 17 July that their deaths are connected and that a person of interest had been identified. “No charges have been filed against anyone in connection with any of these four death investigations,” the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office and law enforcement agencies said in a press release. “Investigators have interviewed multiple people in connection with these cases and have identified at least one person of interest that is linked to all four of the decedents.” A man who saw Calhoun being arrested told KGW that “There’s craziness in the world. You hope it doesn’t happen too often. It was pretty nuts to see it happen in my backyard”. Calhoun was arrested on 6 June as he and his girlfriend were at a gas station in Milwaukie. The arrest didn’t occur without incident. “I don’t know how he made it through the 10 officers but he made it through and across traffic and down to the river and hopped in,” the witness told KGW. “I was like, ‘I wonder what this guy did,’” the witness added. “It seems whatever he did was really important — or required that much law enforcement, I should say.” The four women were all found dead across the region since the middle of February. Ms Sinor said in the YouTube interview that Calhoun and Ms Real had been seeing each other on and off for about a year and that he would provide Ms Webster with drugs in exchange for sex, but Ms Sinor added that she didn’t know how Calhoun was linked to Ms Perry or Ms Smith. When Ms Sinor was asked if Calhoun is a serial killer, Ms Sinor said “My first thought is that maybe a fentanyl overdose and he freaked out”. “He’s a family guy. He seems like a family guy. He’s really close with his family and he would do anything for them and stuff but like my kids ... he loves my kids and my kids love him,” she added in the YouTube interview, according to KGW. The witness who saw Calhoun being arrested told KGW: “I don’t want to see him come out from bars ever again.” Read More Portland ‘serial killer’ – live: Jesse Calhoun got prison pardon for fighting wildfires before deaths of women An inmate was pardoned by Oregon’s governor. Two years on he’s a person of interest in four suspicious deaths Jesse Calhoun identified as person of interest in suspicious deaths of four women in Portland
2023-07-20 22:10

Man charged with killing Indianapolis police officer seeking insanity defense
A man charged with fatally shooting an Indianapolis police officer when she responded to a domestic violence call in 2020 is seeking an insanity defense as he seeks to avoid the death penalty
2023-05-28 00:24

How to Fix Redfall 30 FPS
Redfall players are having some problems with performance on Xbox consoles, with the game being locked to 30 fps. So is there a way to fix it?
1970-01-01 08:00

Everton finally find goalscoring touch to beat struggling Bournemouth
Everton scored more than once at home for the first time in almost a year as Goodison Park finally celebrated a victory after a 3-0 win over a woeful Bournemouth. October 22, 2022 was the last time Goodison witnessed a game with multiple goals for the hosts when Crystal Palace were dispatched by the same scoreline. On-loan Leeds winger Jack Harrison, who departed to a standing ovation late on, marked his full home debut with a brilliant lob over goalkeeper Neto to double the advantage given to them by James Garner’s early strike. Abdoulaye Doucoure, whose goal against the Cherries in May secured the club’s top-flight survival here on the final day of the season, made the game safe on the hour with an altogether more simple close-range finish. After four successive home defeats, Everton avoided a record worst start to a season at Goodison but were fortunate to come up against Bournemouth. The visitors extended their own club-record winless run to 12 matches (nine defeats and three draws) and have now equalled their worst start to a season since 1994 in the third tier. The reasons for that were apparent. Everton have hosted – and lost to – some poor sides in Wolves, Fulham and Luton already this season but none were as accommodating as the Cherries, who aside from an energetic spell 10 minutes after going behind appeared to still be trying to work out what new coach Andoni Iraola wants them to do. Sean Dyche’s side did not even have to play that well to establish a two-goal cushion but once they did the confidence started to gradually flow back, encouraged by the lack of threat their opponents posed. Dyche had dropped midfielder Amadou Onana to move Garner inside so he could go with two wingers in Harrison and Dwight McNeil but the Belgium international received a late reprieve when Idrissa Gana Gueye sustained a problem in the warm-up. The key factor in the victory was probably the early goal, something they had failed to manage in four previous matches. Illia Zabarnyi slipped bringing the ball out of defence, Philip Billing was unable to recover possession and Garner advanced forward to guide a low shot past Neto’s left hand for his second goal in three games. The goal prompted Everton’s worst spell of the game and Bournemouth’s best as Dominic Solanke drilled a shot into the side-netting from an acute angle as the momentum appeared to shift. But Everton seized it back when Dominic Calvert-Lewin latched onto Ashley Young’s pass down the line and set off on a run along the byline to force Neto to block his cross-shot. A minute later they had doubled their lead when Neto punched clear Vitalii Mykolenko’s hanging cross only as far as Harrison, who perfectly lofted a 20-yard shot over the backtracking goalkeeper and in off the underside of the crossbar. Calvert-Lewin hit the same crossbar with a header and Onana fired a shot on the turn as Everton finished the half strongly before another mistake by Zabarnyi soon after the interval should have sealed Bournemouth’s fate. The centre-back’s wayward pass presented the ball to Doucoure but, unlike his blast from the edge of the penalty area in May, he shot weakly at Neto. He did not make the same mistake from close range when Harrison’s far-post header from McNeil’s cross was parried into his path by the goalkeeper and straight from kick-off he should have volleyed home the fourth from another McNeil cross. Everton’s former Burnley winger was having a decent game himself and, after hacking Zabarnyi’s header off the line defending a corner, he managed to get on the end of the subsequent counter-attack to shoot at Neto. The under-employed Jordan Pickford’s late saves from Kieffer Moore and Marcus Tavernier at least kept him tuned up for the forthcoming England internationals. Read More Everton vs AFC Bournemouth LIVE: Latest Premier League updates Newcastle defender Tino Livramento returns to England Under-21s squad Football rumours: Jadon Sancho keeping contact with Borussia Dortmund Rob Edwards disappointed not to take anything from Burnley clash Consistency the key for Vincent Kompany as he bids to lift Burnley Frank Lampard explains why he is ‘not surprised’ by Chelsea’s struggles
2023-10-08 00:16

Thousands join pro-Palestinian protest in Bosnia
SARAJEVO Several thousand people gathered in Sarajevo city centre on Sunday, waving Palestinian and Bosnian flags and demanding
2023-10-22 22:53

Italy Just Can’t Work Out How to Spend Its Record EU Jackpot
When the commuter town of Monterosi, near Rome, applied for European Union money to build a preschool, a
2023-07-22 13:00
You Might Like...

The Women’s World Cup featured eight new teams that treasured the experience gained on global stage

Target removes some LGBTQ merchandise from stores ahead of June Pride month after threats to workers

Bob Dylan Songwriter Fellowship launches

Football transfer rumours: Real Madrid's late Mbappe bid; Arsenal plan striker pursuit

Protesters angry about Ramaswamy's Ukraine aid comments strike his empty car in Iowa, campaign says

NHL’s Ottawa Senators Sold to Health-Care Executive Andlauer

Protesters march through Miami to object to Florida's Black history teaching standards

AIT Worldwide Logistics plans to increase global footprint with Lubbers Logistics Group acquisition