Focue Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, What You Focus On is What You Get.
⎯ 《 Focue • Com 》
Soccer-France favourites but Morocco eye another odds-defying result
Soccer-France favourites but Morocco eye another odds-defying result
SYDNEY France will aim to halt debutants Morocco's fairytale run at the Women's World Cup when the teams
2023-08-08 04:20
Christopher Nkunku return teased by Mauricio Pochettino ahead of long-awaited Chelsea debut
Christopher Nkunku return teased by Mauricio Pochettino ahead of long-awaited Chelsea debut
Mauricio Pochettino said Chelsea could have Christopher Nkunku available as early as the week after the November international break as the summer signing’s recovery from a knee injury is progressing quicker than expected. The 25-year-old, who was injured in a friendly against Borussia Dortmund during the club’s pre-season tour of the United States, had been expected to be out until at least December but that timescale has now been brought forward, raising the possibility he could make a long-awaited competitive debut when the team face Newcastle at St James’s Park on November 25. The loss of Nkunku weeks after completing a £52m move from RB Leipzig was a significant blow to Pochettino’s preparations for the new campaign, particularly as he had been a standout performer during the two weeks in the US. And his absence was keenly felt once the Premier League season began as Chelsea scored just five times in their first six league matches, a run that saw them fail to score a single goal during September. That record has improved markedly during the last three games during which the team has more than doubled its goal return, but the possible early return for the France international - who was last season’s joint top scorer in the Bundesliga with 16 goals - would represent a boost for Pochettino as he faces a torrid upcoming run of fixtures. After Saturday lunchtime’s meeting with Brentford at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea face consecutive league matches against Tottenham, Manchester City, Newcastle, Brighton and Manchester United. “(Nkunku) is doing really well, working hard, I think he’s really close,” said Pochettino. “As soon as possible we can have him involved again. “After the next internationals maybe he could be involved. “He’s a player that when you see the goals he scored last season, (you see) he provides goals, and I think we’re missing goals. That’s why we think he’s a player that can be important for us. “He’s proved he can score goals in the Bundesliga. If today we had eight or 10 goals from Nkunku, maybe the situation (in the league) would be completely different. “It’s goals that we are missing to be in a different position. It’s unlucky but we can’t complain, we need to work. We’re looking forward to recovering him and helping the team be in a different position.” Pochettino previously said that he could be tempted to look at options in the transfer market if form in front of goal did not improve by January, but acknowledged a run of eight goals in three league games coupled with Nkunku’s progress could lessen the urgency. “Football is really dynamic,” he said. “Today maybe we are thinking in a different way to three weeks ago, but we’re ready and working with the sporting directors to be ready in the transfer window, if we need to add players in an offensive position.” The Premier League confirmed on Thursday that Chelsea will take part in the competition’s first Christmas Eve fixture since 1995 with their visit to Wolves moved from December 23 to accommodate TV coverage. The decision has drawn significant backlash from supporters, but it is particularly resonant for the Pochettino household as the previous day marks his and his wife’s 31st anniversary - which the manager will now spend travelling to Wolverhampton. “Our fans are not happy? Me neither. The 23rd is my anniversary with my wife and now I need to travel to Wolves. “I believe I am not going to convince her to come. “The 24th (of December) for Argentine people is a really important night, and I hope to arrive (home) in time to celebrate after. But if our fans are not happy, I am not happy also. “(The decision) is not easy to change, but we need to accept we are in England and it’s different to the rest of the world. I need to adapt myself. But even if I’m not happy, I need to do my best to be at my best level and accept it’s a situation we cannot change.” Read More Pep Guardiola condemns Man City fans who sang offensive Sir Bobby Charlton chant Mary Earps reveals difficulties with fan relationship with rise of women’s football Mikel Arteta calls for increased squad sizes as Arsenal suffer fresh injury blow Pep Guardiola condemns Man City fans who sang offensive Sir Bobby Charlton chant Mary Earps reveals difficulties with fan relationship with rise of women’s football Mikel Arteta calls for increased squad sizes as Arsenal suffer fresh injury blow
2023-10-27 23:20
FA reveal tournament plans after UK and Ireland confirmed as Euro 2028 hosts
FA reveal tournament plans after UK and Ireland confirmed as Euro 2028 hosts
The hosts of Euro 2028 will be the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland after a joint bid across the five nations was confirmed by Uefa on Tuesday. Following a meeting of Uefa’s Executive Committee, the UK and Ireland was awarded the 2028 tournament in a rare five-association partnership, The UK and Ireland bid delegation included six football youth ambassadors who support the development and diversity of the game as well as a presentation by the five Football Association leaders and former Wales captain Gareth Bale. Euro 2028 will be the largest major sporting event ever held across all five nations and is set to be a commercial success, delivering record crowd numbers at famous venues. There will be approximately three million tickets available, which is more than any previous European Championship, and with an average stadia capacity of 58,000 more fans than ever will be able to attend matches in person. The FA also estimates that 2.5m fans will take part in Uefa’s fan festivals across the UK and Ireland during the tournament which will have a renewed focus on sustainability. A compact and connected transport plan is being drawn up to ensure that more than 80 per cent of ticket holders are able to travel to matches by public transport and the proposed match schedule aims to reduce and limit emissions for fans attending the games. There will also be a personal carbon footprint tracker for every spectator. Euro 2028 is also predicted to generate socio-economic benefits of up to £2.6bn for the UK and Ireland with the bid partners already investing more than £500m - between 2019 and 2025 - to improve and upgrade grassroots facilities. A further £45m legacy fund will be invested to develop football and create additional benefits as the tournament approaches. However, there are still issues to resolve over the next five years however with agreement still to be reached on who will fund the redevelopment of Casement Park - Northern Ireland’s host stadium. Plans for a 34,000 stadium have been delayed by legal challenges and are further complicated by the lack of a functioning Executive at Stormont. Costs have also risen from an original estimate of £77.5m to more than £100m. England will be involved in hosting a Euros for a third time having hosted alone in Euro 96 and were one of 11 countries involved in staging the continent-wide Euro 2020. All five nations are expected to go through qualification for the tournament, with Uefa reserving two host nation places for any of the teams which do not make it on merit. Read More UK and Ireland confirmed as joint hosts of Euro 2028 UEFA picks UK-Ireland to host soccer's 2028 European Championship. Italy-Turkey to stage Euro 2032 Uefa torn over plans to reinstate Russian youth teams Ukraine urges other nations to boycott playing Russia after Uefa decision Earps thanks fans after England GK jersey sells out in hours Saudi Arabia targets two European clubs ‘similar in size’ to Newcastle
2023-10-10 19:28
Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner removed from Rock Hall leadership after controversial comments
Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner removed from Rock Hall leadership after controversial comments
Jann Wenner, who founded Rolling Stone magazine and was a co-founder of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, has been removed from the hall’s board of directors after making comments that were seen as denigrating Black and female musicians
2023-09-17 07:52
Metallica react after dog sneaks away from home to attend their LA concert
Metallica react after dog sneaks away from home to attend their LA concert
Metallica earned themselves an extra four-legged fan after a dog that ran away from home ended up at the metal band's concert in Los Angeles. The doggo named Storm not only managed to sneak out of her home, but she even managed to take a seat at the So-Fi stadium show on August 27. In a tweet sharing the hound's humorous adventure, Metallica's official Twitter noted how "this dog did sure did have her day..." "You might have heard we had a four-legged fan join us for #M72LA! Despite reports to the contrary, our friend Storm snuck out of her home adjacent to @SoFiStadium and made her way to the gig all by herself." While Storm appeared to enjoy the show, she was safely reunited with her actual family the following day. "She had a great time listening to her favorite songs, including “Barx Æterna,” “Master of Puppies,” and “The Mailman That Never Comes.” Though the band doesn't recommend their M72 World Tour for dogs. “And in case you were wondering, no. You definitely shouldn’t bring your furry friends to the M72 World Tour. But this dog sure did have her day.” Fans of the band shared their amusement at this story Meanwhile, Storm was the only concertgoer to gain attention as actor Jason Momoa was spotted in the mosh pit from clips that have circulated on social media taken at the Metallica concert in California on August 25. “These f****** opened with ‘Whilplash’!” the Game Of Thrones and Aquaman star can be heard saying as the band began their set and Momoa joined the pit area. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-09-04 21:09
3 stars Atlanta Braves can acquire this offseason not named Shohei Ohtani
3 stars Atlanta Braves can acquire this offseason not named Shohei Ohtani
The Atlanta Braves have some work to do after their NLDS exit. Here are three stars besides Shohei Ohtani that they could pick up this winter.
2023-11-15 02:09
Indiana’s attorney general faces misconduct complaint over remarks about abortion doctor
Indiana’s attorney general faces misconduct complaint over remarks about abortion doctor
A complaint has been filed alleging that Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita violated professional conduct rules in statements about a doctor who performed an abortion on a 10-year-old rape victim last year
2023-09-19 06:57
US media split on Trump reflects divided nation
US media split on Trump reflects divided nation
Americans tuning into the Donald Trump drama faced alternate TV realities: a candidate persecuted by a "wannabe dictator," according to Fox News -- or a man so "dangerous" that...
2023-06-15 05:38
Bayern Munich defender Matthijs de Ligt nears comeback after right knee injury
Bayern Munich defender Matthijs de Ligt nears comeback after right knee injury
Bayern Munich has indicated that defender Mattijs de Ligt is nearing a comeback from the right knee injury which ruled him out for most of the last month
2023-11-27 20:42
Muti ends 13 seasons with Chicago Symphony Orchestra with praise and honors — and Beethoven
Muti ends 13 seasons with Chicago Symphony Orchestra with praise and honors — and Beethoven
Riccardo Muti has ended 13 seasons as Chicago Symphony Orchestra's music director with praise and a series of honors
2023-06-29 01:27
Casey McWhorter: Alabama inmate insults executioner before lethal injection, calls him 'habitual abuser of women'
Casey McWhorter: Alabama inmate insults executioner before lethal injection, calls him 'habitual abuser of women'
Casey McWhorter was convicted of capital murder and sentenced to death for shooting Edward Lee Williams, 34, 11 times at his home
2023-11-18 08:49
Sheetz slashes gas price by 50% to $1.776 per gallon. But only for one day
Sheetz slashes gas price by 50% to $1.776 per gallon. But only for one day
An East Coast convenience chain is offering gas at a patriotic price for one day only.
2023-07-04 21:04