Jake Paul shares nostalgic post as he completes 3 years since boxing debut, Internet says 'do it again'
Jake Paul debuted as a boxer against Nate Robinson in 2020. Jake went into the ring as an underdog but emerged victorious
2023-11-29 17:13
Brazil ends year in poor shape under interim coach as it waits for word from Carlo Ancelotti
Brazil’s national soccer team had never lost three games in a row
2023-11-23 04:17
'They’re not watchable': Donald Trump mocks third GOP debate candidates while rallying in Hialeah
Former POTUS Donald Trump told people at his ralley in Florida that the GOP candidates are totally 'unwatchable'
2023-11-09 14:48
Arsenal suffer shock defeat in Lens as Bukayo Saka limps off again
Arsenal suffered a turbulent night in the Champions League as Bukayo Saka hobbled off during defeat in Lens. Bad weather grounded Mikel Arteta and his players at Luton Airport for five hours on Monday as their journey to France was delayed. Now their hopes of avoiding a bumpy ride in qualifying for the knockout stages have also suffered a setback after Lens came from behind to record a 2-1 victory at a rocking Stade Bollaert-Delelis. Gabriel Jesus thought he had given the Gunners lift-off when he broke the deadlock with his 22nd Champions League goal. However, hopes of an easy night veered off course as an error from goalkeeper David Raya led to Adrien Thomasson levelling before Saka limped off hurt for the third time in nine days. Elye Wahi then hit the winner with 20 minutes to go to open up Group B as Arsenal now face a tricky trip to Europa League holders Sevilla later in the month. This was a first home Champions League game in 21 years for Lens and their fans were not going to miss the opportunity to enjoy the occasion. A huge tifo, flares and a wall of sound greeted kick-off and their team certainly set about Arsenal in the opening exchanges, with Kevin Danso firing just wide after collecting a corner. Despite the rapid start from the hosts, Arsenal struck first through Jesus’ tidy finish into the bottom corner after Saka had been gifted the ball by a sloppy backpass. The noise inside the stadium remained despite Lens falling behind and the vociferous support were rewarded with an equaliser. Raya, stood outside his box, looked to play a ball into midfield but the Arsenal goalkeeper’s pass was intercepted and moments later he was beaten by a fine curling strike from Thomasson to level the contest. For the third game in a row, Saka then limped off injured having gone down off the ball. He recovered after coming off late against Tottenham and Bournemouth but was replaced by Fabio Vieira here with the visit of Manchester City just five days away. Leandro Trossard forced a smart save out of Brice Samba in the Lens goal at the start of the second-half as Arsenal looked to retake the lead. The Ligue 1 side, though, started to take control of the game and Abdul Samed’s shot into the side-netting just after the interval was a warning for the visitors. With the game opening up, Takehiro Tomiyasu had a great chance to turn home a corner but could only shoot straight at Mendy. Lens would take the lead through Wahi, whose sweeping finish past Raya came after another break down the right flank. Arteta responded with an immediate triple substitution as Ben White replaced Oleksandr Zinchenko with the ineffectual pair of Trossard and Kai Havertz taken off for Emile Smith Rowe and Reiss Nelson. Despite the alterations, Samba was largely untroubled for the remainder of the night, punching clear a Smith Rowe drive with Arsenal unable to create a clearcut chance to rescue a point. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Danny Care: England taking inspiration from Europe’s Ryder Cup win at World Cup Man Utd’s poor form continues with damaging Champions League loss to Galatasaray Burnley secure first Premier League win with last-gasp victory at Luton
2023-10-04 05:02
Is this viral Rishi Sunak picture photoshopped?
A photo of Rishi Sunak is causing confusion on social media as people claimed it appears to have been altered. The image, posted by the prime minister to promote his new plans to limit smoking, shows Sunak hanging out with some teenagers who are wearing American school jumpers. This led to accusations in a now-deleted tweet that Sunak did not actually meet the children pictured, and simply edited himself in a stock image of teens. While it looks a little odd, it appears there is a normal explanation for the photo. It was taken when the PM visited Truro and Penwith College in Cornwall in February this year. It just so happened the students he was pictured with had Americanophile tendencies and so donned college sweaters. Journalist Robert Peston clarified the situation and shared a link to the original photo which was shared by the Conservative Party at the time. Peston wrote: “Turns out this is not a photoshop boo-boo by Downing St social media team. But just bad luck. “See here for the original photo of the PM with a British lad who happens to be wearing a Kentucky sweatshirt… A modern Thick of It episode!” And the Conservative Party also confirmed that it is indeed legit, to indy100. So that's that, folks. Nothing to see here on this occasion. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-10-05 20:21
Oprah Winfrey and Dwayne Johnson launch Maui recovery fund
Oprah Winfrey and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson have launched a recovery fund for the people who lost housing in the Maui wildfires, the pair announced in a video shared on Instagram Thursday.
2023-08-31 22:29
Just win – Dean Smith keeps Leicester message simple ahead of crunch final day
Leicester boss Dean Smith has said his message to his players ahead of their all-or-nothing game with West Ham on Sunday will simply be “just win”. The Foxes have to win and hope that Everton cannot beat Bournemouth if they are to avoid relegation to the Championship. Smith, who was parachuted in on an eight-game SOS mission following the sacking of Brendan Rodgers, says that what happens at the King Power Stadium against the Hammers is the only thing the Foxes need to focus on. He said: “We have got to win the game plainly and simply, we have got to figure out and balance the best way to not give big chances away and create big chances against West Ham, who are in a European final and after a tough first half of the season have climbed away from danger and have got a very good manager there. “We have to win the game and not look at the Everton result until after the game. We have to do our job and see where it takes us. “We can only control what we can do. We have to control our performance, help your team-mates out and go and get a good performance and a win. “If we do our part we are looking at other people to help us, but we have to make sure we concentrate on what we do. It’s quite a simple message really and the lads have trained well so far. “The players want clarity of what their positions are, what we are asking of them and our job is to give them that. It doesn’t get any clearer for me: They have to win. That’s all they need to know and that’s all they do know. “We just have to concentrate on our own game. It’s simplistic, we have to win, it doesn’t matter what is going on at other grounds. Just win. “Whatever else is going on elsewhere we are not in control of. But we have seen how quickly things can change around in the last 15 minutes of games, whether it is this season or previous seasons. We win our games and then see where it goes.” Smith did not want to discuss his future beyond Sunday’s game, insisting that there will be a post-season debrief. Asked whether the outcome of the match will impact his future, Smith added: “Not at all, my future was to come in for seven weeks and eight games and that hasn’t change. My future is exactly the same. That is a question to have after the game and not before it.” The Foxes will be without Caglar Soyuncu, but Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Jonny Evans and Ricardo Pereira will all be fit. Wilfred Ndidi is a doubt with a hamstring injury. “Caglar is not fit, he has tried to get himself back into training this week but he just felt it, obviously it was too close but the fact he wanted to push it to be in contention shows a lot about his character. He’s definitely out,” Smith said. “Dewsbury-Hall is good, he’s been training with us for a couple of days now, so he’ll be available for selection. “(Kelechi) Iheanacho is fine, Jonny Evans had cramp he’s fine. Ricky we scanned him and he is fine, Wilf is the only question mark at the moment, we are waiting to see if he is good enough to train tomorrow.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Sean Dyche is not concerned with Everton potentially looking for his replacement David Moyes: West Ham’s Gianluca Scamacca to miss Europa Conference League final Scott Carson commits to Manchester City with new 12-month deal
2023-05-26 21:42
King Charles meeting Gemma Collins is the crossover we all needed
Gemma Collins met King Charles III and Queen Camilla and it was obviously iconic. The Towie star met the Royals as she attended the Animal Ball on Wednesday, celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Elephant Family conservation charity. Camilla complimented Gemma on her headwear, which was a headband with a large cherry and a caterpillar on top. Gemma said: "I'm just so happy to be here and share this evening with you." The star then turned to the King and gave him the title "King of the planet" as she praised him for his conservation work. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter She said: "You really are King of the planet and we love you for what you do for the animals. "Please keep getting that message out there, it means so much." @dailymailroyals @Gemma Collins gives King Charles a pep talk! ? ? #gemmacollins #kingcharles #theroyals #fyp #royals #britishhumour #royalmeme Later taking her seat inside the event, Gemma was asked about her Royal meeting and she confessed that she had invited King Charles and Queen Camilla on a safari, The Daily Mail reports. She reportedly said: "I'm looking to make a documentary to make the youngsters aware, and I really hope they get involved. "Me and King Charles and Camilla on safari, it would be amazing. I did ask him about it, I said 'would you be up for it?'" Gemma told how King Charles had simply chuckled in response to her question, which she was taking "as a yes". Gemma added: "In this day, there should not be anyone who shows cruelty to another living being, and this is why Charles and Camilla are close to my heart and I'm just so fascinated with all the good work they do with conservation." The Elephant Family is a conservation charity set up in 2003 by Camilla’s late brother Mark Shand, and the anniversary event featured appearances from famous faces including Succession's Matthew Macfadyen, shoe designer Christian Louboutin, and Queen guitarist Sir Brian May. The Queen meeting the King and other Queen. Iconic. Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-06-30 19:04
Yamamoto scores in shootout as Seattle Kraken beat New York Islanders 4-3
Kailer Yamamoto scored the deciding goal in the eighth round of a shootout, and the Seattle Kraken beat the reeling New York Islanders 4-3 to snap a three-game losing streak
2023-11-17 14:16
Astros slugger Alvarez leaves game because of sore right oblique
Houston Astros slugger Yordan Alvarez left against Toronto after one at-bat Thursday night because of a sore right oblique
2023-06-09 09:03
Who is Sophia Haley Marks? Drug dealer warned Robert DeNiro's grandson that counterfeit pills could kill him
Sophia Haley Marks, 20, dubbed 'Percocet Princess', is charged with selling Robert De Niro's grandson Leandro Rodriguez drugs before his OD death
2023-07-15 20:53
Who is Andrew Tate and how did he get so big?
If you’ve been a social media user over the past year, chances are you’ve seen Andrew Tate popping up on your feed – and you’ve probably seen him in the news recently too. Tate, 36, his brother Tristan and two other associates have been charged in Romania with rape, human trafficking and organised crime after they were detained in December 2022. Earlier this year, the 36-year-old influencer lost his appeal against a judge's earlier decision to extend his arrest from 24 hours to 30 days, so he remains behind bars. For now. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Before his arrest, every other video seemed to feature him on TikTok, making him both one of the most ubiquitous faces on the app and one of the most controversial. But who is Andrew 'Cobra' Tate and why did he suddenly go viral last year? Here’s everything you need to know. Who is Andrew Tate? Andrew Tate/Instagram Tate, 36, is a former professional kickboxer, entrepreneur and content creator, who founded an online course in “modern wealth creation” at his own “Hustlers University”. Speaking about his personal wealth, he previously said in an interview: "I was broke for a long time. I made my first million when I was say 27 and then I had a 100 million by the time I was 31, 32 and then I became a trillionaire quite recently." There are no trillionaires on the planet (according to Forbes, Elon Musk is worth $250 billion) so that might be wishful thinking on Tate’s behalf. However, Essential Sports estimates that his net worth to be around $30 million. He enjoyed a pretty successful kickboxing career, winning world titles in two different weight divisions. He first came to prominence outside of the sporting arena while appearing on the 2016 season of Big Brother in the UK, which ended in controversial circumstances. Tate gained notoriety at the time after he was evicted from the series after a video surfaced online appearing to show him beating a woman with a belt. Speaking at the time, Tate claimed that it was part of role-play to which the woman in the video had consented. He also said he was using a felt belt. In a statement made to his Facebook, he said: ”They cut out all the sound cause she’s LAUGHING in the video. And they cut off the end of the video where she gets the belt and hits me back while we’re both laughing. What bullsh**t. It was 2012 and we were having a laugh.” He later drew criticism following comments surrounding rape which he made following the #MeToo movement. As the Metro reported, he tweeted at the time: “Sexual harassment is disgusting and inexcusable. However, a man looking at you or whistling at you or asking your name isn’t harassment. He added: “Women have been exchanging sex for opportunity for a very long time. Some did this. Weren’t abused. […] If you put yourself in a position to be raped, you must bare some responsibility. His Twitter account was suspended in 2017, and the tweets were later removed from Twitter. But in 2022, Twitter verified the account of the infamous kickboxer, which it had already banned, as the social media company appeared to ignore its own rules. Tate initially declined to comment further than disavowing two other accounts - @iron_mentality and @of_wudan - that appeared to be associated with him contacted by The Independent. However, following the publication of an article on the news site, he said: “I don’t agree with being banned, people get banned from Twitter all the time and make new profiles. I’m not inciting violence, promoting terrorism or harassing anyone. This is censorship of free speech. I’ve never had specific tweets banned or been cautioned.” MORE: Tate thinks you're a 'weak' man if you live with a woman MORE: The most controversial Cobra Tate moments we can actually talk about Why did he suddenly go viral? There isn’t one viral moment or individual clip to pinpoint his rise to viral fame, but rather it seems like part of a larger concerted effort to get his name and face out there. However, one comment which did bring a great deal of attention was his decision to call out Jake Paul for a fight. He claims he previously offered Paul £2.5million to take him on in 2020. "I don't dislike him, I understand him but I want to make something clear, I would still kick the living f*** out of Jake Paul," he told The Fellas podcast. "I'm not some washed-up UFC fighter and I'm not smaller than him, I would beat the living s*** out of him and if he wants to fight I'll fight him any day of the f****ng week. He's very smart with his 'I'm just a YouTuber angle'.” He added: "You're a full-grown man with the best coaches in the world who has dedicated years to learning how to box. The guy's not a jack*** and the fact he puts this spin on it is very smart. "I offered him $3million at the time, I don't think it's about money for him I think it's about credibility and fame. Him fighting me is a massive risk for him, he knows that. I'd love to kick the f*** out of the guy because I love to fight, that's the difference between me and everyone else he's fought," Tate continued. "I'm not some desperate guy at the end of his career who needs the money. I would dedicate my life [to training], treat him like a professional and I would destroy him like I've destroyed all of the professionals I have ever fought." Paul was asked about the possibility of fighting Tate in a press conference recently, and he replied: "I don't know who that is." Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-06-20 18:35
You Might Like...
Is TikTok ‘Filler Transparency’ A Good Thing?
Joey Wiemer's 10th-inning single lifts Brewers over Orioles 4-3
Fortnite Dragon Ball Crossover Confirmed, Launch Date Revealed
Former crypto star Sam Bankman-Fried faces US trial
Karunaratne replaces injured Sri Lanka captain Shanaka at Cricket World Cup
Pakistan skipper Azam lauds 'improved' Shakeel after Test win
Japanese Rocket Takes Off for Moon After Troublesome Year
Bitcoin Touches an Almost 2-Month Low as Rate Concern Lingers
