
Swiss National Bank calls for new measures after Credit Suisse crash
By Noele Illien ZURICH (Reuters) -The Swiss National Bank (SNB) on Thursday said it was crucial to draw lessons from
2023-06-22 14:07

Iraq Is in Talks With Turkey to Resume Oil Flows From Ceyhan
Iraq is in talks with Turkey to resume northern oil exports via Ceyhan, Iraqi Oil Minister Hayyan Abdul
2023-06-04 09:51

Maximus Names John Martinez as New General Counsel
TYSONS, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 11, 2023--
2023-09-12 01:00

Woman finds mould in breast implant after suffering unidentified illness for 10 years
A woman's 10-year mystery illness turned out to be a result of mould in her breast implants. Melissa Lima, the ex-wife of the late baseball player Jose Lima, turned to TikTok with her harrowing story to spread awareness of breast implant illness (BII). Symptoms of BII include, but are not limited to, "fatigue, problems with memory or concentration ('brain fog'), joint and muscle pain, hair loss, weight changes, and anxiety/depression," according to the FDA. Captioned "this is your sign", Lima opened up about how her body insecurities prompted her to get a breast augmentation in 2002 in a TikTok post. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Eight years after Lima's cosmetic procedure in 2010, she started feeling "sick with severe joint pain, depression and unexplained inflammation". The viral clip, which has racked up 5.3 million views, showed a montage of Lima's swollen face and ankles. "After 100's of doctors and still no answer, I just gave up," she added. "As a single mom, I couldn't get out of bed to cook for my boys and would often wonder if they would be better off w/o me." @melissalima713 This is your sign. #breastimplantillnes Lima finally had her breast implants removed in 2020. She recalled how her "face and eyes literally changed within hours" and how she felt like herself again. Thousands of fellow TikTokers flocked to the comments section, with some thanking Lima for sharing her story. One said: "I’m soooo glad you shared your story when you did! Made me think twice and now I will never get mine done! So glad you're doing so much better!" Another person claiming to have worked in a pathology lab said they'd witnessed "enough horror stories to keep me from ever getting them". Meanwhile, one woman said she went through a similar experience. She said: "Got mine out 3 years ago. No more BII since I did. It’s much worse than woman still know or understand." Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-07-24 19:00

France have Euro 2024 berth in sight after outclassing Ireland
Aurelien Tchouameni's superb strike set France up for a comfortable 2-0 win over Ireland in a Euro 2024 qualifier on Thursday as Les Bleus took a big step towards securing a...
2023-09-08 04:52

Brazil police raid Bolsonaro aides over sale of jewelry gifts
By Ricardo Brito and Rodrigo Viga Gaier BRASILIA/RIO DE JANEIRO Brazilian police on Friday raided the addresses of
2023-08-12 06:52

US says stolen COVID relief funds seized so far top $1.4 billion
By Kanishka Singh WASHINGTON The U.S. Justice Department said on Wednesday it has seized over $1.4 billion in
2023-08-24 07:26

Wimpod Pokemon GO: How to Catch
Wimpod, the Bug/Water type Pokemon from Alola, is making its Pokemon GO debut in celebration of the Pokemon GO and Pokemon TCG crossover event. Here's how to catch one during the event.
1970-01-01 08:00

Obama, Clooney and Gates: 'We can end child marriage in a generation'
Michelle Obama, Amal Clooney and Melinda French Gates tell the BBC about need to end child marriage.
2023-11-21 11:36

Why are people calling Elon Musk a 'Space Karen'?
If you've logged on to Twitter in the last year or so, you've probably seen the phrase "Space Karen" trending. Every now and then the phrase will trend, especially when Elon Musk does something people do not like. "Space Karen" is the insulting nickname people use to refer to Musk, 51. Sign up for our free Indy100 weekly newsletter When Musk gave remaining Twitter employees an ultimatum to work harder or leave, activists projected the name "Space Karen" onto Twitter HQ. People used it against Musk again after he suspended several journalists' accounts who had been covering him from Twitter last year. Musk accused them of "doxxing" his private information. People have called out Musk for preaching that he wanted to make Twitter free-speech-oriented while censoring journalists who have covered him and his companies. The name "Karen" has become synonymous with middle-aged, white women who are exemplifying entitled behavior. Many felt Musk was suspending accounts on personal bias. Musk was bestowed his nickname in November 2020, after he tweeted questioning the validity of Covid-19 rapid tests. During the pandemic, those who questioned Covid-19, vaccines, or refused to comply with restrictions were often called Karen. "What's bogus is that Space Karen didn't read up on the test before complaining to his millions of followers," Dr Emily Bell wrote. Space Karen has become Twitter's method of calling out Musk for being entitled or exhibiting exclusive behaviors. Like when Musk made fun of people who declare their pronouns. And now people are using the nickname again, after Twitter applied a temporary limit to the number of tweets users can read in a day, with Musk saying the temporary limits were to address "extreme levels of data scraping and system manipulation". So there you have it. Don't mess with the internet or the internet will come up with an unflattering nickname for you. Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-07-02 15:36

Ex-First Republic CEO says regulators did not express concerns, blames contagion for bank's collapse
The former chief executive of the First Republic Bank Michael Roffler blamed contagion spread from the failures of
2023-05-17 12:04

Ange Postecoglou says ‘we’ll get through it’ after Tottenham are beaten again
Ange Postecoglou remained defiant and insisted Tottenham were on the path to being “a very good football team” despite a 2-1 home loss to Aston Villa consigning them to a third consecutive defeat. Spurs were without 11 first-teamers but Postecoglou doubled down on his philosophy with a back four containing no centre-backs, several attacking players handed first league starts of the season and no recognised defensive midfielder in the starting line-up. It initially paid off with Giovani Lo Celso firing Tottenham ahead in the 22nd-minute and while the hosts had 18 shots, three goals disallowed and hit the woodwork twice, Aston Villa punished their profligacy to move above them into the Premier League’s top four. Postecoglou reflected: “It is just the situation we’re in at the moment, but we’ll get through it. “It might take a little while, but we’ll get through it and as long as we show the same intent and play the football we did today, I’ve got no doubt when we come out the other side, we’ll be a very good football team. “We had four full-backs out there so we didn’t really have the height, which we knew would be an issue for us today but you kind of take those calculated risks with the flipside of it being that some of our football was outstanding today. “I mean some of the goals we could have scored would have ended up being showreels for us in the way we want to play our football, so for me the positives definitely outweigh the negative of the result. “We’ve just got to make sure the players stay focused on what’s important right now and you need to win games of football to keep yourself in the mix to be in a strong position come the end of the year, but right now we’re still building a side. It might take a little while, but we'll get through it and as long as we show the same intent and play the football we did today, I've got no doubt when we come out the other side, we'll be a very good football team Ange Postecoglou “What’s more important is the way forward has to be with what the end goal is in mind and today was about trying to play the football we want to play. “If we fell short, we fell short but I didn’t think we fell short today. I thought it was just fine margins for us and not getting the rewards.” To add to Tottenham’s growing issues, Rodrigo Bentancur’s first start since February following a serious knee injury was cut short after he was on the receiving end of a poor first-half tackle by Matty Cash. “It is his ankle, I think,” Postecoglou revealed. “It wasn’t a great tackle. I thought he started the game so well and I think it was the reason we got a real good foothold on the game. “He’s such a creative player. It’s the last thing we needed. Another injury, so (I’m) disappointed to lose him, but we’re yet to see the extent of it.” While Tottenham created chances aplenty, it was visiting Villa who clinched an eighth victory from their last 10 matches after Pau Torres’ header in first-half stoppage-time was backed up by Ollie Watkins’ low effort after 61 minutes. It pressed home their case as a genuine contender for Champions League qualification but former Arsenal boss Unai Emery insisted there are seven teams ahead of them. “That was an amazing match,” Emery added. “I think both teams, different ways tactically but very hard, very tough. They create chances, we create chances and we were efficient and clinical. “Really I enjoy it but I lost all my energy. That was an amazing match Unai Emery “Of course we can get confidence when we are winning matches like here at Tottenham, but still in my mind, it is 38 matches that we have to be consistent. “We have to try to get each opportunity with three points and try to get a good position in the table. We are in (the top four) now, but we are not a contender. “There are seven contenders more than us to be in the top seven, to be in the top four but while we are there, we are going to try to keep (there).” Read More Archer, Brook and Rashid join list of England players who will not play in IPL Ollie Watkins hails a ‘massive three points’ for Aston Villa at Tottenham Former England boss Terry Venables remembered as an innovator and inspiration Top two maintain momentum with convincing victories Sheffield United probe alleged racist incident during home loss to Bournemouth Gareth Southgate pays tribute to ‘outstanding coach’ Terry Venables
2023-11-27 01:50
You Might Like...

Liam Gallagher speaks out after being accused of ‘tormenting’ young Man Utd fan

Pakistan avalanche kills 11 people from nomadic tribe

The Athletic Laying Off Nearly 20 Reporters As It Changes Coverage Approach

WWE 2k22 Update 1.12 Revealed

Mushfiqur leads Bangladesh to 245-9 against New Zealand in World Cup

Gavi faces surgery after serious knee injury on Spain duty

A failed lunar mission dents Russian pride and reflects deeper problems with Moscow's space industry

Maritime industry explores nuclear power for ships as technology opens up