
They're the names you don't know. Hollywood's 'journeyman' actors explain why they are striking
You don't know their names but you might recognize their faces
2023-07-24 12:06

Rangers' Gray to miss scheduled start vs. Angels on Tuesday because of blister
Texas right-hander Jon Gray will not make his scheduled start Tuesday night against the Los Angeles Angels while dealing with a blister
2023-06-13 08:50

Ron DeSantis removes another elected Democratic state prosecutor from office
Florida’s Republican Governor Ron DeSantis has suspended another elected Democratic prosecutor from office on accusations that she failed to impose mandatory sentences for certain crimes and let juvenile offenders avoid incarceration. Florida’s Ninth Judicial Circuit State Attorney Monique Worrell, who was elected in 2020 and took office in 2021, has been “clearly and fundamentally derelict” in her duties, Mr DeSantis alleged in a press conference on 9 August. Ms Worrell – the only Black women serving as a state prosecutor in Florida – had recently announced her intention to run again in 2024. An executive order signed by the governor and Republican Secretary of State Cord Byrd accuses the Democratic state attorney of “systematically” allowing people to avoid jail time, either by dropping charges or declining to allege provable facts. He acknowledged that prosecutors like Ms Worrell “do have a certain amount of discretion about which cases to bring and which not” but he claimed that she has “abused” that discretion and “effectively nullified certain laws in the state of Florida”. Last year, Mr DeSantis suspended Hillsborough County State Attorney Andrew Warren after he criticised the governor’s positions on abortion care and gender-affirming care for transgender people. A federal judge affirmed the suspension but admonished the governor for falsely accusing Mr Warren of relying on a blanket policy to avoid prosecuting certain cases with which he disagreed. “The allegation was false,” US District Judge Robert Hinkle said in a ruling issued on 20 January. “Mr Warren’s well-established policy, followed in every case by every prosecutor in the office, was to exercise prosecutorial discretion at every stage of every case. Any reasonable investigation would have confirmed this.” Mr DeSantis has appointed Orlando-area judge Andrew Bain to replace Ms Worrell. She had recently come under fire from Republican officials following a shooting that left three dead in February, with a suspect with an alleged history of criminal offenses on the streets at the time of the shooting; 19-year-old Keith Melvin Moses is charged with three counts of first-degree murder. He has pleaded not guilty. Democratic officials in Florida have accused the governor of using politically motivated removals of elected prosecutors to elevate his national profile as he campaigns for the 2024 Republican nomination for president. “This is absolutely disgusting,” Orlando-area state Rep Anna Eskamani said in a statement. “Her removal is a complete slap in the face to Orange and Osceola County residents and another example of Governor DeSantis eroding our local control and democracy,” she added. “This politically motivated action by the governor in a predominantly Democratic part of the state should alarm everyone. DeSantis is extreme, unfit to serve, and must be held accountable.” Read More Ron DeSantis replaces campaign manager as 2024 bid falters The presidential candidates who have so far met criteria to join first RNC debate DeSantis once again defends slavery curriculum: Enslaved people ‘showing resourcefulness’ developed ‘skills’ DeSantis won’t rule out national abortion ban but suggests there’s no ‘mileage’ left in Congress
2023-08-09 22:01

Who's that singing? As fall migration arrives, apps that ID birds by sound have taken off
For many bird watchers — novices and experts alike — this fall's migration will have a soundtrack
2023-09-08 02:24

How to Redeem Diablo IV Early Access Beta Code
With Diablo IV's Early Access and Open Beta period coming up, players will need to know how to redeem their codes.
1970-01-01 08:00

US Providing Up to $12 Billion to Retrofit Auto Plants for EVs
The US Energy Department is making up to $12 billion available for automakers to retrofit their facilities to
2023-08-31 23:22

Odsonne Edouard brace helps Crystal Palace edge out Wolves
Crystal Palace earned their second victory of the Premier League season with a 3-2 win over Wolves at Selhurst Park. Two goals from Odsonne Edouard and Eberechi Eze’s sublime finish saw off a stubborn Wolves side who had equalised through substitute Hwang Hee-Chan and saw Matheus Cunha net a late consolation. In a match-up between two sides who had scored just four goals between them coming into the game, the first half was unsurprisingly a somewhat dour affair lit up in flashes by the enterprising Eze. The England international thought he should have had a penalty early in the first half when he went down under a Joao Gomes challenge but VAR official Stuart Attwell deemed the contact was insufficient to award a spot-kick. Almost immediately the visitors should have found themselves a goal down when Jose Sa’s poor pass was nicked off the toes of Craig Dawson by Jefferson Lerma who teed up Jordan Ayew, but Wolves skipper Max Kliman blocked his shot on the line. A Pedro Neto effort that was tipped over by Palace goalkeeper Sam Johnstone just before half-time was the only shot of note from Gary O’Neil’s side before the break, but the game exploded into life after the restart with all five goals coming in the second half. A superb run and cross from Tyrick Mitchell down the left wing picked out Edouard who snuck between two defenders to steer the ball past Sa and give Palace a 56th-minute lead. But Wolves hit back in the 65th minute when Hee-Chan made an immediate impact shortly after his introduction from the bench when he made contact with Neto’s superb free-kick with his shoulder with the ball looping over Johnstone. But Palace always looked the more likely to score with Eze becoming all the more influential and it was the former QPR man who made it 2-1 in the 77th minute with a superb touch and finish after Jean-Philippe Mateta diverted Joel Ward’s pass into his path. Six minutes later Edouard wrapped up the win after Mateta’s back-heel fooled the Wolves defence with the former Celtic striker burying the ball past the helpless Sa. Eze almost added a fourth for Palace with another jinking run into the box but Sa saved well to his left and palmed the ball wide of the post. Wolves pulled a goal back in the sixth minute of time added on when Neto’s cross was met in the box by the head of Cunha but Palace held on for the win. Read More Erik ten Hag says Manchester United looking forward to ‘fight’ with Arsenal Deadline deals and Ricky Gervais plays hide-and-seek – Friday’s sporting social Man City seal Matheus Nunes deal as Cole Palmer leaves and Man Utd sign keeper
2023-09-03 23:36

'I’ve got a heart with gratitude': Kelsea Ballerini celebrates Thanksgiving with her love Chase Stokes and family
The ‘Feel Your Way Through’ author confirmed in February about her relationship with Stokes
2023-11-24 08:13

Chetu Opens New Software Skill Development & Training Centre for Technical Graduates
NOIDA, India--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 30, 2023--
2023-08-31 11:33

Tristan Tate reveals being rivals with Andrew Tate during Piers Morgan interview: 'See my broken nose?'
'We are rivals in the way that we inspire each other to work better,' Tristan Tate said
2023-11-23 15:32

YouTube Testing Stadia-Like Service Called 'Playables'
Google might be reviving its Stadia game-streaming service through an experimental YouTube feature. The video
2023-09-06 23:44

Unai Emery keen for extended European run with Aston Villa
Aston Villa boss Unai Emery said it was mission accomplished after his side cruised into the European Conference League group stage with an 8-0 aggregate win against Hibernian. Villa were 5-0 up from a resounding win in Edinburgh last week and completed formalities in the second leg as first-half goals from Jhon Duran and Leon Bailey put them out of sight. Substitute Matty Cash sealed a 3-0 win on the night as Villa hosted European football for the first time since 2010 and they now await Friday’s group-stage draw in Monaco to learn who they will face. Four-time Europa League winner Emery said: “Yes of course (I’m happy). We finished it tonight. “We needed to be in the group stage and we have to be happy and enjoy it with our supporters. “Today it was a full stadium and to finish and qualify was fantastic. I’m really happy because I really enjoy it in Europe and I want to enjoy it now with Aston Villa.” The Spaniard is expecting Villa to complete the loan signing of Clement Lenglet before the transfer window closes on Friday. “He’s not completely signed, but he’s close to signing with us,” Emery said. “He’s a player who can help us. With the injury to Tyrone Mings, he can replace him in the squad.” Emery said it “was possible” that Philippe Coutinho could leave Villa Park on deadline day and added: “I’m very happy with our squad. “The club made a big effort to complete our squad. There’s still one day to go and we’re going to be ready.” Hibs are going through a difficult spell having sacked manager Lee Johnson on Sunday after a home defeat to Livingston had left them bottom of the cinch Premiership without a point. They were outclassed for large periods in both legs against Villa, but were given a rapturous send-off by their noisy 2,200 travelling fans and caretaker boss David Gray said he was proud of them and his players. Former Hibs defender Gray, appointed caretaker for a third time after Johnson’s departure, said: “I’m proud of the players. “They worked right to the very end in difficult circumstances all round at the football club at the moment, but I can’t fault the effort or commitment from the players. “Playing against this level of opposition, if you switch off for a split second or make a slight mistake, you get punished. They’re a top, top team with fantastic players.” On Hibs’ impressive following, Gray added: “I’ve been at the club nearly 10 years now and they’ve always been fantastic. “You say there was 2,000, I’m sure there was a lot more that came down. Fantastic support as always.” Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Katie Boulter relieved not to be defaulted after reaching US Open third round LGBT+ England fans may shun Jordan Henderson for ‘turning his back’ on them Gareth Southgate admits Raheem Sterling not happy after England snub
2023-09-01 06:36
You Might Like...

Dollar General Committed ‘Numerous and Blatant’ Violations of Worker Rights, Judge Rules

Hope, Pooran fire West Indies to World Cup qualifying win over Nepal

California utility pays $22 million to settle federal claims over 2016 wildfire

The Chilean band speaking out against police violence

Why did Matthew Perry once 'beat up' Justin Trudeau?

NYC passes bill to make pandemic-era outdoor dining program permanent, with more specific guidelines

Europe's economy is growing again as inflation continues to fall

US House panel opens probe into proposed FTC car buyer rule