
Japan recall Celtic ace Furuhashi for friendlies
Scottish Premiership player of the season Kyogo Furuhashi earned a Japan recall Thursday after nine months in the international wilderness saw...
2023-05-25 15:45

IndyCar champ Palou admits breach of contract as Spaniard tries to mitigate damages owed to McLaren
Two-time IndyCar champion Alex Palou admits he breached his contract with McLaren Racing when the Spaniard did an about-face and stayed at Chip Ganassi Racing
2023-11-28 01:23

Pope to visit Mongolia, home to just 1,300 Catholics
By Philip Pullella VATICAN CITY Pope Francis will make an Aug. 31-Sept. 4 trip to Mongolia, one of
2023-06-03 20:24

Twitter down: X stops working hours after Elon Musk announces he wants people to pay to use it
X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, has stopped working. The site broke hours after Elon Musk said that he is planning to force everyone to pay for access to the site. Some parts of X continued to load, for some people. But users had problems with much of the site, including loading tweets and their timelines. Tracking website Down Detector showed a huge influx of reports of problems on Tuesday afternoon, across the world. That site depends on reports from X, and so may experience problems itself. Mr Musk told Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu that the subscription fee was necessary to avoid “vast armies of bots” that he claimed have taken over the service. “We’re actually going to come up with a lower tier pricing... we just want it to be a small amount of money,” he said. “This is a longer discussion, but, in my view, this is actually the only defence against vast armies of bots.” Ever since completing his takeover of the platform formerly known as Twitter last year, the Tesla and SpaceX boss has spoken extensively about wanting to boost X’s income through new revenue streams, including subscription models. When launching Twitter Blue - now known as X Premium - a number of features which had previously been free to all users were placed behind the subscription paywall in an effort to spark more sign-ups for the paid version of the site. The need for new, different forms of income has become vital for Mr Musk after X advertising revenue plummeted in the wake of his takeover amid concern over his support for absolute free speech and more relaxed content moderation as a result. A number of advertisers went on to reduce or completely stop their advertising on the site. Mr Musk has previously said several campaign groups have falsely accused him and X of being antisemitic, costing the site millions in lost revenue because of advertising boycotts as a result. In his conversation with Mr Netanyahu, the Israeli leader said he knows Mr Musk is “committed” to stopping antisemitism after the billionaire reiterated he is against hate speech. Additional reporting by agencies Read More How does Russell Brand make money online? Elon Musk wants all Twitter users to pay a monthly fee Elon Musk’s X finally agrees to try and settle Twitter’s mass layoffs lawsuit Twitter rival Bluesky hits new milestone Famed tech journalist deletes X account with epic rant at Elon Musk Why is Elon Musk obsessed with the letter X?
2023-09-19 22:10

Aaron Rodgers provides a post-surgery update from hospital bed on Instagram
New York Jets QB Aaron Rodgers' season came to an end after four snaps, but he's already on the road to recovery after a hopeful message from his hospital bed.
2023-09-15 09:31

European shares inch lower ahead of ECB meet
European shares opened lower on Thursday, as the European Central Bank (ECB) was expected to raise borrowing costs
2023-06-15 15:27

FIFA 22 FUTTIES 'Best of' Batch 3: Full List of Players
The full list of 200 players included in FIFA 22 FUTTIES 'Best of' Batch 3.
1970-01-01 08:00

Gannett tiptoes into generative AI, giving humans the last word
By Helen Coster NEW YORK Publisher Gannett plans to include generative artificial intelligence in the system it uses
2023-06-16 18:05

5 reasons the Golden State Warriors season could end with a championship in 2024
The Golden State Warriors were eliminated in the 2023 Western Conference semifinals by the Los Angeles Lakers. With Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and Draymond Green continuing to age their window to add more championships is closing.
2023-10-02 21:08

Hopes of 'Goldilocks' economy, rate peak buoy US stocks
By David Randall NEW YORK A resilient U.S. economy and expectations of a nearing peak in the Federal
2023-07-29 06:05

Brentford avoid becoming Newport’s latest cup victims with shoot-out victory
Brentford avoided becoming Newport’s latest cup victims as they won 3-0 on penalties after a 1-1 draw at Rodney Parade. Adam Lewis hit a post with Newport’s first effort, before Nathan Wood and Bryn Morris both saw theirs saved by Bees debutant Ellery Balcombe, and Keane Lewis-Potter settled the contest in the Premier League side’s favour. Mathias Jensen thought he had won it in the 88th minute but teenage substitute Kiban Rai headed home deep into stoppage time to take the tie to spot-kicks. The Welsh side have earned shock wins over Leeds, Leicester, Middlesbrough, Swansea, Watford and Luton in the last five years but they were denied another scalp as Brentford avoided a repeat of last year’s shoot-out defeat to Gillingham. Exiles boss Graham Coughlan made five changes from Saturday’s 3-1 home win over Sutton. Jonny Maxted made his debut in goal, while Josh Seberry came into the back line, Matty Bondswell and James Waite were drafted into midfield and fit-again Omar Bogle started up front. Brentford made nine changes, with Vitaly Janelt and goalscorer Kevin Schade the only survivors from their weekend draw against Crystal Palace. Thomas Frank handed debuts to goalkeeper Balcombe, Ukrainian midfielder Yehor Yarmoliuk and teenage forward Michael Olakigbe. The first opportunity arrived after 18 minutes as the visitors recycled a corner and Lewis-Potter’s header looped over Maxted, but Harry Charsley was in the right place to clear the danger from under his own crossbar. Kristoffer Ajer then saw a side-footed effort from 25 yards comfortably saved by Maxted two minutes later, before Schade’s fierce drive from the edge of the area was deflected behind. That was one of eight corners won by Brentford in the first half but, despite enjoying 76 per cent possession, they could not get the early goal. The home side could have opened the scoring after 34 minutes when Aaron Wildig and Bogle linked up well down the left flank and the striker produced a clever cross to pick out Charsley, who placed his header just wide of Balcombe’s right-hand post. The lively Olakigbe went closest in the opening stages of the second half with a fizzing effort just over the angle of post and bar. But Frank had seen enough after an hour and he introduced experienced trio Bryan Mbeumo, Yoane Wissa and Jensen. Mbeumo forced Maxted into a smart save almost immediately. Jensen made the visitors’ pressure tell two minutes from the end of normal time as he tapped in from close range after Mbeumo’s cross was cut back across goal by Lewis-Potter. But County refused to lie down and Rai’s added-time header ensured the tie went the distance.
2023-08-30 05:22

League of Legends Preseason 2023 Jungle Explained
League of Legends Preseason 2023 jungle changes explained including the new items, Smite changes, pathing and more.
1970-01-01 08:00
You Might Like...

Why Do Goats Have Such Weird Eyes?

Best Early Prime Day Apple Deals: iPads, Apple Watches, MacBooks, More

Google's ad sales growth accelerated in 3Q, but investors are unimpressed with the performance

Facebook faces new allegations of gender discrimination in its delivery of job ads. Research by human rights group suggests it's a global concern

Libya: Greek rescuers among those killed in road collision

In the Market: Amid the calm, the Fed brews the next storm

Nepal to win 'most matches' at World Cup qualifier

Pentagon to tighten controls after classified documents leak