Focue Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, What You Focus On is What You Get.
⎯ 《 Focue • Com 》
Arsenal willing to sanction Aaron Ramsdale exit at end of season
Arsenal willing to sanction Aaron Ramsdale exit at end of season
Arsenal will allow Aaron Ramsdale to leave at the end of the season but do not intend to sell him in the January transfer window. Chelsea and Newcastle are interested in the goalkeeper, but they do not want to complete a deal in the upcoming window.
2023-11-28 20:30
Intuit Mailchimp Launches New Global Campaign to Help Marketers Untangle Their Clustomer Problem
Intuit Mailchimp Launches New Global Campaign to Help Marketers Untangle Their Clustomer Problem
ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 7, 2023--
2023-09-07 22:02
Wrexham plan talks with Ben Foster over whether he wants to carry on playing
Wrexham plan talks with Ben Foster over whether he wants to carry on playing
Wrexham are to hold talks with Ben Foster over whether the former England goalkeeper wants to prolong his career with them in the English Football League. Foster was retired for nine months until he answered a Wrexham SOS in March after regular goalkeeper Rob Lainton was ruled out for the rest of the campaign through injury. The 40-year-old played the final eight games of the season, saving a stoppage-time penalty in the crunch 3-2 victory over title rivals Notts County, as Wrexham won the National League with a record points total of 111. “A discussion will take place with Ben Foster to establish if his intention is to return to retirement or continue playing,” Wrexham said in a statement announcing their end of season release/retained list. Foster said last month he could extend his career after Wrexham ended a 15-year absence from the EFL under the ownership of Hollywood stars Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney. “You have to contemplate it because to be part of Wrexham is a special thing,” said Foster, who had a loan spell at the Welsh club in 2005 before going on to play for Manchester United, Watford, Birmingham and West Brom. “It’s nice to be a man of leisure and freedom and I really enjoyed my retirement. I had a great time for nine months. “But everybody who plays here can see that Wrexham is a really special club.” Wrexham have extended Paul Mullin’s contract by a further season following promotion. Mullin has scored 76 goals since joining from Cambridge in the summer of 2021, 47 of them coming last season. Mark Howard and Anthony Forde have also had one-season contract extensions and Liam McAlinden will be offered a new deal. Wrexham will exercise the option to keep Scott Butler and Aaron James. Harry Lennon is to retire from playing due to injury, while Reece Hall-Johnson, Jake Hyde and Rory Watson are among other players to be released. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Nat Sciver-Brunt says mental health break helped put her in a ‘good place’ Jon Rahm and Scottie Scheffler are out on their own, says Curtis Strange Martin Odegaard admits Arsenal must learn from crushing Brighton defeat
1970-01-01 08:00
Top Twitter engineer quits after DeSantis campaign launch fiasco
Top Twitter engineer quits after DeSantis campaign launch fiasco
A top engineer at Twitter has announced he is quitting his role with the company following the glitch-ridden launch of Florida governor Ron Desantis’s 2024 presidential campaign on the social media platform. “After almost four incredible years at Twitter, I decided to leave the nest yesterday,” Foad Dabiri, who was an engineering chief at Twitter, tweeted on Thursday. The Twitter engineer’s exit from the company comes a day after Mr DeSantis’s long-anticipated 2024 campaign bid for the White House on a Twitter livestream. Mr DeSantis’s campaign launch announcement on Twitter Spaces – the platform’s audio group-chat feature – was marred by a a host of glitches, including long silences and persistent echoes. The Twitter app reportedly crashed for several users who tuned in to listen to the announcement and at one point the Republican governor himself disappeared from the livestream. Mr Musk – who had boasted about several overhauls to the microblogging site since his takeover of the company to make Spaces better – shut the initial Spaces event and started a new one. The second event where Mr DeSantis read a short speech, reportedly gathered fewer listeners than the first, attracting about 161,000 people, according to Twitter’s public-facing data. The buggy event, according to many users on the social media platform, is a reflection of how Twitter under Mr Musk is far from operating smoothly. Since Mr Musk’s takeover of Twitter, he has laid off nearly three-fourths of the company’s workforce, following which the platform has faced several technical issues. Earlier this week, a bug caused tweets deleted by some users in the past to resurface on their timelines, and weeks earlier, many users complained that they were unable to post images and share external links. Mr Dabiri was the engineering lead at Twitter’s Growth Organisation. He tweeted on Thursday that during his stint with the company, he “experienced two distinct eras” before and after Mr Musk’s takeover. “And then came ‘2.0.’ What an extraordinary journey it has been. To say it was challenging at the outset would be an understatement,” Mr Dabiri said. The engineering chief however did not comment on why he was leaving Twitter, and whether it is linked to the problems with the DeSantis livestream. Both Twitter and Mr Dabiri did not immediately respond to The Independent’s request for comment. “Working with Elon Musk has been highly educational, and it was enlightening to see how his principles and vision are shaping the future of this company,” he tweeted. Read More Ron DeSantis news – live: DeSantis floats pardoning Trump and Jan 6 rioters after ‘train wreck’ Twitter launch AOC jokes more people watched her gaming online than listened to glitch-ridden DeSantis launch DeSantis pushes past embarrassing campaign start, outlines travel schedule for early state visits AOC jokes more people watched her gaming online than listened to DeSantis launch What is Twitter Spaces and why did it go so wrong during DeSantis’s 2024 launch? What are Elon Musk’s political beliefs?
2023-05-26 16:29
New College of Florida enters agreement with US Department of Education over alleged civil rights violation
New College of Florida enters agreement with US Department of Education over alleged civil rights violation
The New College of Florida said it has entered an agreement with the US Department of Education regarding a federal investigation launched earlier this month into allegations of discrimination based on disability.
2023-09-30 09:06
Putin moved £75million superyacht weeks before Ukraine invasion to avoid having it seized
Putin moved £75million superyacht weeks before Ukraine invasion to avoid having it seized
President Putin moved his £75million superyacht three weeks before Russia invaded Ukraine to avoid having it seized as part of war sanctions, a new investigation has claimed. Secret documents released by Russian investigative journalist Maria Pevchikh, who heads the anti-corruption foundation set up by Alexei Navalny, show the Russian president had his yacht ‘Graceful’ sail from from Blohm & Voss shipyard in Hamburg, Germany to the Russian semi-exclave of Kaliningrad two weeks before the invasion. The documents show an email was sent by an employee of Russia’s largest shipping company, the SCF Group, to Blohm & Voss saying the owner of Graceful is unhappy with an on-going “refit” and wants the ship to sail out of the Hamburg port on February 1, 2022. The email does not provide any reason why the owner of the yacht was unhappy with the on-going “refit”, which added two new balconies to the vessel and extended the pool. “The owner is not happy with the retrofit. He is dissatisfied with the delays in the construction process,” the email says. “The owner wants the Graceful to be brought to the Russian Federation on February 1st (...). Please mobilise an uninterrupted crew – 2 shifts.’ The email, sent on January 19, 2022, adds: “Please accelerate all works which may interfere with Graceful sailing out on 01 February. “Please calculate the amount to be paid by Owners due to early departure. Crew and myself will provide full assistance to prepare Graceful for Towing.” According to investigators, Blohm & Voss was set to work on Graceful for another year to fix open holes in its surface. But the company was forced to cancel its work and get the ship ready to set sail in just 12 days. The yacht’s crew, based in Hamburg, were also forced to move out of their homes so they could move the vessel. Reports suggest the company did not meet the deadline of February 1, with pictures showing Graceful being towed out of Hamburg on February 7. Sanctions imposed by the UK, US, European Union and other allied nations since Russia’s invasion of Ukraine have seen Putin and his allied Oligarchs have their assets seized across the world, including numerous superyachts and houses. But president Putin was preparing for this eventuality by ordering Graceful - which has since been renamed Kosatka (Russian for ‘killer whale’) - to return to a friendly port well in advance, according to investigators. Graceful is alleged to have cost the Russian president 87 million euros (£75 million) and has a 50-foot indoor swimming pool that turns into a theatre and dance floor with the press of a button, a helipad, a gym, and a wine cave that can store 400 bottles. It also features a large library, spa and plunge pools and a cocktail bar. President Putin allegedly owns three yachts, however, his officials deny this. As well as Graceful, Mr Putin is alleged to own the Olympia, gifted to him by a top oligarch almost two decades ago, and the £550 million ‘floating palace’ Scheherazade - seized by the West. Read More Scheherazade: Giant £570m superyacht ‘owned by Vladimir Putin’ is seized by Italian authorities Vladimir Putin owns £500m superyacht moored in Italy, Alexei Navalny allies claim Wealthy Russian businessman loses fight over detained superyacht The Body in the Woods | An Independent TV Original Documentary The harrowing discovery at centre of The Independent’s new documentary
2023-08-29 19:33
Astronomers puzzled by 'largest' ever cosmic explosion
Astronomers puzzled by 'largest' ever cosmic explosion
Astronomers said on Friday they have identified the "largest" cosmic explosion ever observed, a fireball 100 times the size of our Solar System that suddenly began blazing in the distant...
1970-01-01 08:00
Netflix adds a bunch of games for summer, including 'Oxenfree 2'
Netflix adds a bunch of games for summer, including 'Oxenfree 2'
Netflix has a bunch of new games coming this summer, including the anticipated sequel to
2023-06-07 04:53
Singapore PM Sends Transport Chief on Leave Amid Graft Probe
Singapore PM Sends Transport Chief on Leave Amid Graft Probe
Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said he instructed Transport Minister S. Iswaran to go on leave as
2023-07-12 09:46
Paraguay jail: Rioting inmates hold guards hostage
Paraguay jail: Rioting inmates hold guards hostage
Guards are being held against their will during a riot in the overcrowded jail in the capital, Asunción.
2023-10-11 21:16
Animals become healing companions in Mexico hospital
Animals become healing companions in Mexico hospital
Nine-year-old Alessia Ramos gently pets a hamster at a Mexican hospital where animals ranging from Australian parakeets to a Siberian Husky are being used...
2023-07-17 00:25
Newcastle holding talks with Leicester over West Ham target Harvey Barnes
Newcastle holding talks with Leicester over West Ham target Harvey Barnes
Newcastle hold talks with Leicester over the signing of winger Harvey Barnes. The 25-year-old is also a main target for West Ham and has interest from Aston Villa.
2023-07-06 21:00