Focue Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, What You Focus On is What You Get.
⎯ 《 Focue • Com 》
White woman who fatally shot Black neighbor is arrested in Florida
White woman who fatally shot Black neighbor is arrested in Florida
The Marion County Sheriff’s Office says a Florida woman accused of fatally shooting her neighbor last week in the violent culmination of what the sheriff described as a 2½-year feud was arrested Tuesday
2023-06-07 16:20
'Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny': How to watch it at home
'Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny': How to watch it at home
If you didn't get a chance to reunite with everyone's favourite whip-touting, snake-hating archaeologist in
2023-08-22 18:45
Trump's Georgia mugshot quickly becomes a campaign symbol
Trump's Georgia mugshot quickly becomes a campaign symbol
Within minutes of it being released, it appeared on his website along with a call for campaign donations.
2023-08-25 17:16
Sudan conflict: 87 people found in Darfur mass grave, UN says
Sudan conflict: 87 people found in Darfur mass grave, UN says
There are concerns the RSF is targeting specific ethnic groups in the West Darfur region.
2023-07-13 19:12
Former prosecutor explains why Donald Trump was the main focus of the January 6 indictment
Former prosecutor explains why Donald Trump was the main focus of the January 6 indictment
Donald Trump’s latest federal indictment is not the lengthiest of the charging documents that has come his way so far, but it may well be the most profound. That was the reaction of legal analysts and journalists this week after Jack Smith delivered the Department of Justice’s initial charges against Mr Trump for his efforts to overturn the 2020 election, with much of his conduct in the weeks leading up to and during the January 6 attack going unaddressed in the indictment. All in all, the twice-impeached ex-president is charged with four crimes related to the election-meddling efforts, including conspiracy to deprive Americans of their rights — a law passed as part of anti-Ku Klux Klan legislation. What was absent from the document was a charge that many expected to see after the conclusion of the House of Representatives’ select committee investigation into the attack: A count of giving aid or comfort to an insurrection. There was no mention of that charge, or the related accusation of seditious conspiracy, which has been leveled against members of the Oathkeepers and Proud Boys. There was also no mention of charges for Mr Trump’s long list of allies, some of whom spread conspiracy theories about the election, and other enablers who either knowingly or unknowingly pushed complete and utter falsehoods on a wide range of issues for months after their boss lost the presidential election. Notably, a number (like ex-legal counsel Rudy Giuliani) are referred to as co-conspirators, and specifically not described as “unindicted”. But the initial document charged Mr Trump and Mr Trump alone, with the entirety of its focus being on the actions of the man at the head of the table. A former deputy assistant attorney general and federal prosecutor who analysed the indictment in an interview with The Independent said that decision was likely deliberate, to ensure that the focus of the case remained on Mr Trump’s efforts and potentially to streamline the path to trial. “Each new defendant brings a possible doubling, if not more, of potential causes for delays,” Harry Litman explained. “It's a very considered, strategic decision to bring an indictment only against Trump. And you and I know, those people are by no means out of the woods.” Bringing an indictment against the former president, he added, was the DoJ’s way of cutting as much of the potential delays away as possible in the hopes of getting the ex-president to trial before the 2024 election has concluded. “It maximises the possibility of it happening quickly,” said Mr Litman. “Whereas before yesterday, it seemed doubtful, at least very tenuous, that there would be a federal trial before the election. But I think it now seems likely.” The exclusion of (arguably) more serious charges like seditious conspiracy and giving comfort to a rebellion, he posited , was a decision made for a similar reason. By focusing on Mr Trump’s efforts to change the results and not his words themselves, Mr Litman explained, Mr Smith’s team was “attack[ing] around” any First Amendment-related defences the former president’s legal team would raise against those charges. Mr Trump has denied guilt in all the instances where he is accused of taking illegal measures to remain in the White House, and continues to insist to this day that he is the rightful winner of the 2020 election. Vast swaths of his loyal fanbase believe the same. The former president continues to await a decision by prosecutors in Georgia related to his efforts to change the election results in that state as well; Fulton County officials have said that a decision on that matter is coming later this month. Read More Trump lawyer hints at a First Amendment defense in the Jan. 6 case. Some legal experts are dubious When is Donald Trump’s arraignment? Watch view of Capitol Hill after police say no active shooter found at Senate office after lockdown GOP senators who condemned Trump on Jan 6 but voted against impeachment remain silent on indictment Prosecutors may be aiming for quick Trump trial by not naming alleged conspirators, experts say Rudy Giuliani’s accuser reveals tapes detailing alleged sexually vulgar remarks
2023-08-03 07:34
Puerto Rico Eyes Cutting Utility Bond Offer by Half
Puerto Rico Eyes Cutting Utility Bond Offer by Half
Puerto Rico’s financial oversight board is considering slashing — by about half — the amount of new bonds
2023-06-24 12:24
Cities across the Northeast experience better air quality indexes as hazardous wildfire smoke subsides
Cities across the Northeast experience better air quality indexes as hazardous wildfire smoke subsides
Sorely missed blue skies are returning and cities across the northeastern US are experiencing better air quality indexes after the monstrous cloud of smoke spewed by the wildfires in Canada dissipates.
2023-06-10 22:20
Palantir CEO Touts Power of AI at Customer Conference
Palantir CEO Touts Power of AI at Customer Conference
Palantir Technologies Inc. Chief Executive Officer Alex Karp said new AI developments at his company are so powerful
2023-06-02 01:10
Ryan Seacrest to host 'Wheel of Fortune', says he's humbled to 'step into the footsteps of the legendary' Pat Sajak
Ryan Seacrest to host 'Wheel of Fortune', says he's humbled to 'step into the footsteps of the legendary' Pat Sajak
'Pat [Sajak], I love the way you've always celebrated the contestants and made viewers at home feel at ease,' said Ryan Seacrest
2023-06-28 04:50
Constitutional challenge to Georgia voting machines set for trial early next year
Constitutional challenge to Georgia voting machines set for trial early next year
The question of whether Georgia’s electronic voting system has major cybersecurity flaws that amount to a violation of voters’ constitutional rights to cast their votes and have those votes accurately counted is set to be decided at trial early next year
2023-11-11 23:45
KSI vs Fournier LIVE: Latest Misfits boxing fight updates and results
KSI vs Fournier LIVE: Latest Misfits boxing fight updates and results
YouTube star KSI will fight Joe Fournier in an exhibition boxing match tonight, with the pair squaring off at Wembley Arena in London. KSI shot to fame by filming himself playing the football video game Fifa as a teenager, before venturing into rapping and eventually boxing. The Briton, 29, made his amateur boxing debut in 2018 when he fought Logan Paul to a draw, before beating his fellow YouTuber on points in a professional rematch in 2019. KSI returned to the ring last summer, defeating two opponents on the same night, before stopping gamer FaZe Temperrr at Wembley Arena in January. Meanwhile, 40-year-old Fournier is a British businessman with a 9-0 record in pro boxing, who fought David Haye in an exhibition bout in 2021 and lost on points. Fournier goes head to head with KSI this evening in a main event in London, and we’ll have live updates and results from the entire event, below. Click here to subscribe to The Independent’s Sport YouTube channel for all the latest sports videos. Read More KSI vs Fournier fight: Start time, undercard and everything you need to know How to watch fight online and on TV this weekend Who is KSI? From ‘endearing’ class clown to YouTuber who has changed the face of boxing
1970-01-01 08:00
Major UFC announcement hints at Conor McGregor return date
Major UFC announcement hints at Conor McGregor return date
UFC President Dana White has seemingly quashed rumours that Conor McGregor would make his return to the Octagon in December at UFC 296. “Notorious” hasn’t fought since suffering a broken leg in his second straight loss to Dustin Poirier in 2021, but had seemed confident he would make his return at the end of this year against Michael Chandler. White did not include McGregor, however, when he announced the headline bout for the upcoming UFC 296 event in December, although he did say that more fights were to be announced. In a video on social media, White confirmed that Britain’s Leon Edwards will defend the welterweight title against Colby Covington in the UFC 296 main event in Las Vegas. Covington is a former interim champion. He also revealed that Alex Pereira vs Jiri Prochazka will be the co-main event for UFC 295 in New York in November, as the pair clash over the vacant light-heavyweight title. Pereira is a former middleweight champion, while Prochazka won the light-heavyweight title in 2021 but vacated it due to injury later that year. Irishman McGregor missed the deadline for re-enrollment into the United States Anti-Doping Agency’s (Usada) testing pool in July, which made his return this year questionable, given fighters must be in this pool for a minimum of six months before they can fight. Brock Lesnar was famously given an exemption to this rule in 2016 when he returned for UFC 200, but the official UFC-Usada policy states this can only be for “exceptional circumstances or where the strict application of that rule would be manifestly unfair to an athlete”. It now looks like McGregor’s long-awaited return will have to wait until 2024, when his fight with Chandler may precede bouts against Justin Gaethje and Nate Diaz. The 35 year-old’s current gap between fights is the longest since he made his UFC debut in 2013. Read More UFC schedule 2023: Every fight happening this year Khabib coach predicts Conor McGregor vs Michael Chandler outcome When is the next UFC event?
2023-09-22 16:25