Focue Provides the Latest and Most Up-to-Date News, What You Focus On is What You Get.
⎯ 《 Focue • Com 》

List of All Articles with Tag 'am'

Trump news – live: Trump goes on Truth Social video rants after jury finds he sexually abused E Jean Carroll
Trump news – live: Trump goes on Truth Social video rants after jury finds he sexually abused E Jean Carroll
Donald Trump posted a series of video rants on his Truth Social platform on Tuesday night after a Manhattan federal jury found that he sexually abused Elle magazine columnist E Jean Carroll in a dressing room in Manhattan’s Bergdorf Goodman department store in the 1990s. Ms Carroll, 79, sued the former president for raping her and then “destroying” her reputation when he accused of lying about the encounter, claiming that she wasn’t “my type”. After almost two weeks of testimony, the jury found Mr Trump liable of sexually abusing Ms Carroll, but did not find that she had proven that he raped her. As it is a civil case, Mr Trump does not face any jail time and does not have to register as a sex offender but has been ordered to pay Ms Carroll almost $5m in damages for battery and defamation. The former president went on the defence following the verdict, posting three blistering videos online where he vowed to appeal. “The whole thing is a scam,” he fumed. CNN is now coming under mounting pressure to ax its town hall with Mr Trump scheduled for Wednesday night in light of the verdict. Read More I represented Trump’s accusers - because five brave women stood up, he has been caught in his truth E Jean Carroll says the ‘world finally knows the truth’ after a jury finds Donald Trump liable for sexual assault The lessons we should all be taking from E Jean Carroll’s Trump sexual abuse case Trump rape case explained: How a chance department store meeting led to a court case decades later
1970-01-01 08:00
George Santos charged – live: Federal charges ‘just the start’ says ex-aide as Santos to appear in court
George Santos charged – live: Federal charges ‘just the start’ says ex-aide as Santos to appear in court
George Santos, the New York congressman who rose to prominence for a string of exaggerations , lies, and irregularities related to his personal background and campaign finances, has been hit with a series of federal charges. The exact nature of the charges aren’t yet public and remain under seal but they concern federal crimes, NBC News and CNN report. Mr Santos could reportedly appear in federal court in New York’s eastern district as soon as Wednesday. The New York Republican has been under investigation by multiple bodies since being elected, including the House Ethics Committee, as well as the Federal Election Commission, and local and federal prosecutors. When reached for comment about the news on Tuesday, Mr Santos claimed he was unaware of the charges. “This is news to me,” he told The Associated Press. “You’re the first to call me about this.” Derek Myers, a former aide for the congressman, tweeted that he had been working as a “confidential informant and human asset” for the FBI. He told NewsNation that the Justice Department’s charges are “just the start” of an “avalanche” of probkems for the Republican lawmaker. Read More Federal prosecutors file criminal charges against New York congressman George Santos, report says George Santos: Every lie disgraced Republican Congressman has been accused of making George Santos insists he has a ‘clean conscience’ after lying about background
1970-01-01 08:00
Sudan crisis: Man in Londonderry fears for trapped family
Sudan crisis: Man in Londonderry fears for trapped family
He calls for help as a vigil is held in in Derry to show solidarity with the city's Sudanese community.
1970-01-01 08:00
Credit Agricole Rises in Record Investment Bank Quarter
Credit Agricole Rises in Record Investment Bank Quarter
Credit Agricole SA’s investment bank posted a record performance in the first quarter as the French lender’s debt
1970-01-01 08:00
Imran Khan: Tense mood grips Pakistan ahead of former PM's hearing
Imran Khan: Tense mood grips Pakistan ahead of former PM's hearing
The former PM is due to face a hearing on corruption charges, a day after his dramatic arrest.
1970-01-01 08:00
Pakistan Latest: Imran Khan Faces Court Amid Tight Security
Pakistan Latest: Imran Khan Faces Court Amid Tight Security
Pakistan’s former premier Imran Khan will appear at an anti-graft tribunal Wednesday after his dramatic arrest led to
1970-01-01 08:00
George Santos Faces Criminal Charges by US Justice Department
George Santos Faces Criminal Charges by US Justice Department
Representative George Santos, the embattled New York Republican who took office despite fabricating much of what he had
1970-01-01 08:00
Briton Admits to Twitter Hack That Hijacked Celebrity Accounts
Briton Admits to Twitter Hack That Hijacked Celebrity Accounts
A British man has admitted to his involvement in one of the most high-profile social media hacks, a
1970-01-01 08:00
Mother of LSU student who died following alleged rape shares her daughter’s last text message to her
Mother of LSU student who died following alleged rape shares her daughter’s last text message to her
The mother of Madison Brooks, the LSU student who died following an alleged rape in January, has shared the final text message her daughter sent her before her death. Ashley Baustert, Brooks’s mother, told Fox News Digital that she texted her daughter on the night of 14 January that she would see her the following day to finish moving her into her dorm room for the start of her second semester at the university. Shortly thereafter, the 19-year-old responded with a text that read “I love you!!!” She also sent a picture of herself at Reggie’s Bar in east Baton Rouge with the son of one of Ms Baustert’s sorority sisters. Three-and-a-half hours later, Brooks was hit by a car in the middle of a high-traffic parkway and died. Initially, investigators did not suspect foul play in the incident. The person who hit Brooks stayed at the scene and called for help, while two passersby stopped But Ms Baustert knew something was amiss. “I know something was wrong,” Ms Baustert told Fox News Digital. “I know something terrible happened. Based on the circumstances of how she was hit, where she was, the time and her being alone.” Ms Baustert’s suspicions were furthered when she went to Reggie’s Bar and found her daughter’s phone had been left there unattended. “We were like there’s no way Madi put herself at three in the morning on the parkway in that neighbourhood without her phone,” Ms Baustert said. “Like, no one would do that.” Eventually, police turned to an investigation of the events between when Ms Baustert last heard from her daughter and when she was hit by a car. Police now believe that in that three-and-a-half hour period, Brooks was raped by four men who she met at the bar — Desmond Carter, 17, Casen Carver, 18, Everett Lee, 28, and Kaivon Washington, 18, who have all been arrested. Desmond Carter was indicted in February for first-degree rape and third-degree rape. Casen Carver was indicted on 3 May on charges of first-degree rape and third-degree rape. Investigators say that following the alleged rape, the men pushed Brooks onto the side of the Burbank Highway. They then believe that she wandered into the parkway, where she was hit by the car. At the time of her death, Brooks had a blood alcohol content of .319 per cent — nearly four times the legal limit to drive. Reggie’s Bar, which was located in the popular Tigerland area of Baton Rouge, had its alcohol license revoked in April and is now permanently closed. Now, Ms Baustert and other members of Brooks’s family are working to ensure that her memory lives on. The Madison Brooks Foundation, launched in the aftermath of her death, will offer financial support to young people in need and advocate for their safety. A billboard of Brooks, wearing pink, her favourite colour pink, is currently on display in Times Square. Read More Madison Brooks’ mother slams release of video from night of LSU student’s alleged rape and death Madison Brooks was killed by a car. Now, four men who left her on the road are charged with rape We were sexually assaulted years before Madison Brooks. LSU failed us, too Madison Brooks timeline: From Baton Rouge bar to alleged rape and death, what happened to the LSU student? Madison Brooks news: LSU student’s family is ‘blown away’ by victim blaming as they say ‘rape is rape’
1970-01-01 08:00
Asian Stocks Tick Lower Ahead of US Inflation Data: Markets Wrap
Asian Stocks Tick Lower Ahead of US Inflation Data: Markets Wrap
Asian equities opened slightly lower on Wednesday ahead of a critical inflation report and as the US debt
1970-01-01 08:00
Tucker Carlson Says He’s Launching a New Show on Twitter
Tucker Carlson Says He’s Launching a New Show on Twitter
Tucker Carlson is starting a show on Twitter after being fired by Fox News. On Tuesday, Carlson posted
1970-01-01 08:00
California reaches $24 million settlement with family of man who died in police custody
California reaches $24 million settlement with family of man who died in police custody
The state of California has reached a $24m settlement with the family of Edward Bronstein, the man who died while being restrained by state highway patrol officers in 2020. Mr Bronstein was pulled over by officers on suspicion of driving under the influence on March 31, 2020 and was pinned to the ground by officers after initially declining to submit to a blood test. In a nearly 18-minute video of the incident filmed by a sergeant and released nearly two years after the incident, Mr Bronstein can be heard telling the officers “I can’t breathe” before losing consciousness. According to Mr Bronstein’s family, he had initially declined to submit to the blood test because of a longstanding fear of needles. As he was being pinned to the ground by officers, Mr Bronstein can be heard shouting, “I’ll do it willingly! I’ll do it willingly, I promise!” “It’s too late,” one officer says in response. Another admonishes Mr Bronstein for yelling. After Mr Bronstein ceased speaking, it took officers eleven minutes to start performing CPR on him. By then, it was too late. Mr Bronstein was pronounced dead, with the Los Angeles County coroner ruling that his cause of death was “acute methamphetamine intoxication during restraint by law enforcement.” According to Annee Della Donna, an attorney for Mr Bronstein’s family, the settlement is the largest civil rights settlement ever agreed to by the state of California and second largest in the history of the country following the settlement reached by the city of Minneapolis with George Floyd’s family.
1970-01-01 08:00
«1901190219031904»